Too Late

Annoying Little Brat

 

 

 

Sorry for not updating this story.

Been busy lately. But enjoy peeps~ ^^


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKdGrQ5EHuj4UKHNeVHni     images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLF8w2aqZ5GPt0Mn7DQjq    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwyE3Wkr5wwQuTWulQGFL

 

Really! Why was that annoying little brat giving me the run around? I’m older than him. He should respect me! Not driving me nuts! Urgh! Taeyeon frown her forehead as she tried to crush the ice in her juice into small pieces with her straw.

 

“Taeyeon-ssi…”

 

That brat is really something! I can’t believe he fooled me last night! I’m so totally an idiot!

 

“Hello! Earth to Taeyeon-ssi.” He increased his voice level, snapping Taeyeon from her endless thought about Kim Jongin. Taeyeon startled to the point of almost dropping her glass of juice. Yah! Kim Taeyeon! What the hell are you doing?! You’re on a dinner date with Wooyoung and yet your head still locked on, deep in thought about that brat! Like seriously?!

 

She took a deep breath, aiming to compose herself. “Ah, yes… Sorry, Wooyoung-ssi. I was in a daze.” She sounded apologetic.

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? You don’t seem to be in a good mood today? Is something the matter?” Wooyoung curved a smile on his face. Frankly speaking, up-close, Wooyoung really looks handsome but his good look doesn’t seem to make her heart flutter, not like how that brat did.

 

That BRAT?! Again, Kim Taeyeon?! Why are you comparing Wooyoung with Kai? They’re opposite with each other! Like South Pole and North Pole for heaven’s sake!

 

Stay focus, Kim Taeyeon! You’re on a date (can this dinner be even considered as a date?) with Wooyoung! So stop thinking about Kai for crying out loud! I meant seriously?! You’re the worst!

 

She breathed in deep, trying to compose herself. “No… No… nothing is wrong.” Paused for a moment. “Well, how should I put this… Being teased by a high school student is just .” Light laughter slipped from between her lips.

 

Hearing those words came out from her stimulated Wooyoung to burst out laughing. Taeyeon really is a mess after being teased by that kid. “Hahaha… In the end, they’re still pretty young. Hope you won’t be too caught up by their playfulness.”

 

“Ah… I won’t…”

 

Wooyoung turned his gaze away from Taeyeon. With his head tilted down, his expression changed from laughing out loud to crestfallen.

 

“You see, Taeyeon-ssi…. During that young age, love and passion often bring that kind of heart pounding, crazy beating excitement. But now that we’re getting older, that kind of feelings…. They… kinda disappeared. Well, that’s me.”  

 

He lifted his head, eyes protruding towards the lines of champagnes, wines or whatever was stacked up on the displays in front of him. To open up to Taeyeon about his love life really took a lot of courage from him. But despite all the setbacks that kept popping up inside his mind, he gathered up every ounce of his will to confess.

 

“My parents were married after they left universities. I’ve dated a few times up until now and they didn’t end up quite as well as I expected. So recently, I’ve made up my mind completely. From now on, love equals to marriage.”

 

A guy got to do what a guy gotta do! So man up, Jang Wooyoung! Say what you have in mind straight to her face!

 

“To tell you the truth, I don’t have much time for love anymore. It’s too late to meet people if I want to get married like how my parents were. But… the best thing about this right now is I know that there’s one girl that suits me. For example, a calm level headed younger girl?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes widened upon hearing the last sentence from Wooyoung. A calm level headed younger girl? Is he talking about me?

 

“Say what???” She stuttered with her face turning pale as her lips played a nervous smile.

 

*

 

The driving moment to her apartment suddenly felt like the longest ride ever in her entire life. The whole conversation with Wooyoung kept replaying deep inside her mind.

 

To be honest, Wooyoung did make some sense in his words. Because that’s what an adult’s love is. I can’t expect someone just walk straight into my life and give me the experience of falling in love like when I was in my teens. I can’t expect someone to make my heart run wild, my eyes to sparkle just by the sight of him and my cheeks to glow in rosy red because of his teases. I’m way passed all those feelings. I’m an adult now. That’s right….

 

As the taxi drove by the fast food outlet where she works, she noticed that the light in front of the shop was still switched on. Huh? Shouldn’t the shop would be dark black at this moment? Who’s still there at this hour? It couldn’t be Yoona. She went on a date with Luhan as far as I can remember. Then who??

 

“Can you send me home on your back?”

 

Don’t tell me… It’s that…. Haish….

 

“Excuse me, please stop.”

 

After paying the fees to the taxi driver, Taeyeon grabbed her stuff and dashed as fast as she can towards the shop. In this freaking cold weather, I hoped that brat didn’t stay outside the shop waiting for me. He’s a total nut job if he does that. He looks like a smart kid, so, perhaps he won’t right?

 

Her steps stopped. She was panting for air. Her heart felt like it was ready to jump out from her chest any second from now. That brat is still here!

 

Kai was sitting on the cold pile of snow with his back leaned against the wall of the shop. His eyes were rooted to his phone, playing Candy Crush. The sound of someone gasping for breath caused Kai to divert his attention from his phone. He looked up and that was the moment when he saw her frantic worrisome face.

 

“Huh? Where did you come from?”

 

“Wha…. What are you doing here? Didn’t you go back?” Kai sensed that her voice was so warm and comforting even the cold that sent him chill right down to the bone suddenly ebbed.

 

“Hey, kid! Were you serious about before? You couldn’t have waited here since then right?”

 

Kai was coughing like a lot of times as he got up on his two feet.

 

“And what if… I tell you that I did?” Poker face.

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon was lost of words. Her face plastered with the word dumbfounded and flabbergasted.

 

“I’m lying you, idiot! Don’t be so stupid to believe that ajumma!” He turned his back away from her and strode on his feet. “Well, let’s go back ajumma. You have to send me home.”

 

Kim Jongin! You….! Taeyeon was bristling with anger. She took some snow inside her hand and shaped the snow into a snowball.

 

Buk!

 

The snowball hit Kai’s head like a pitcher throwing the ball straight to the catcher.

 

“What the hell?! Yah! It’s freezing!” Kai rubbed his head, all het up because of the snowball attack.

 

“Who’s the idiot, Kai?! For a high school student to be out this late, aren’t your parents worried?” Her loud voice echoed making Kai to stop his steps. “And all alone under the snow, what the hell are you thinking, you annoying little brat!” She can’t control her tears anymore. Her cheeks were ready to rain down with them.

 

Kai turned his head and he couldn’t help to gulp in shock. She’s crying!

 

“Don’t…. Yah ajumma! Don’t cry! Why are you crying?”

 

  “I’m crying because of you, you big idiot!”

 

“Shut up! Don’t cry anymore. I’m just fooling around!”

 

“Like I thought, you’re teasing me again. You big meanie, Kim Jongin!”

 

Taeyeon sniffed even louder than before. Her body raked because of her intense sobs.

 

“Hey, an ajumma like you shouldn’t cry.”

 

Both of them sigh in defeat. They realized that their argument would be endless if they keep on bickering like this in front of the shop.

 


“Whatever! Let’s go home, brat!” Taeyeon stomped her feet before wiping her tears with the end of her winter coat’s sleeve. What on earth am I doing? Crying in front of that brat!

 

“Why so serious?”

 

Taeyeon was walking with her rage surpassing the maximum level. Kim Jongin, you troublesome brat! I should have hit you harder with that snowball.

 

Snowball? Erk!

 

“Here, take this.” She placed a hot patch on Kai’s hand.

 

Kai looked at the hot patch with amusement. “No wonder I call you ajumma. You’re really are one.”

 

“Grr… if that’s the case, give it back!” Taeyeon gritted her teeth together.

 

“Pfftt! You really care a lot about people.”

 

“Because they need me.”

 

Silence.

 

“But I don’t need you.”

 

In a flash, Taeyeon was in Kai’s embrace. The unexplainable act from Kai lead Taeyeon‘s heart to pound chaotically and her cheeks to glow in scarlet red. What on earth is this?

 

“You truly help people in spite of the awkwardness. You always prioritize others above yourself.”

 

“Hey, please swap shift with me. I have a date with my girlfriend tomorrow.”

 

“Okay. My class should be over by then.”

 

“Hey, Yoong. It’s heavy. Let me take that.”

 

“Really unnie?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“And you didn’t even have to treat me today. You could just turn me flat at that moment.”

 

“Hey, you don’t have to worry about my part. I was just kidding.”

 

“It’s fine. A promise is a promise.”

 

“Later I understood what a tough time you’re going through. Weren’t you being stupid? Being kind to people without asking for recompense is just amazing. Before I knew it, I couldn’t stop watching you.”

 

I like you since then, Kim Taeyeon.

 

“Therefore, the incidence last night… that really made me…. A little happy.” Kai the strand of her hair.

 

“Wasn’t it painful?”

 

“In spite of the awkwardness…”

 

Honestly, why does this person knows the thing I haven’t said? Who are you actually, Kim Jongin? How come you understand me more than anybody else?

 

“Okay, see you.” Kai unwrapped his arms from Taeyeon’s small frame. Kai oh Kai… What the hell did you just do? You better scram your way from her before you do something more stupid than this. Walk away Kai! Just walk away.

 

“Yah, Kai!” Stop! Why did you say something like that just now? Why are you walking away from me after all the words come out from your mouth? Yah, Kim Jongin! Don’t leave me hanging like this!

 

*

 

Why only now you appear, you annoying little brat?

 

Why are you messing up my mind with your words?

 

Bzzz… Bzzz….

 

Wooyoung-ssi

 

Hey, did you arrive safely? Thank you for today. Good night.

 

The message from Wooyoung just added up to the turmoil inside Taeyeon’s heart.

 

If only I know you sooner.

 

Because it’s just too late now….

 

“So, things like love can develop later. I believe that sort of feeling can bloom soon. So, Taeyeon-ssi, please go out with me.”

 

“Okay…”

 

And if only you are older.

 

I’m 21 and you’re 17. And this four year is huge.