New Year

Annoying Little Brat

 


images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQebBBv8CA_knejbtjV2Xo    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhDBCC-lecIBwVsvz3XmD    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqVv-T1pLvJicHOOs2FG4

 

Love? Forget that. Heartbreaks? I had that. Chances? I gave that. Going back? Nope, I’m past that. Move on? Yup, that’s what I’m going to do! Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

 

So for Kim Taeyeon, her New Year resolutions are:

 

1)      Have a fat bank account.

2)      Stress less

3)      Be more optimistic and less pessimistic

4)      Have a peace and serene life

5)      STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!

 

But unfortunately, like some people might say, we can only hope, but things might crumble and screw up right away. And that was what happened to Kim Taeyeon!

 

The first thing she did this year was to push down an unknown man in the middle of a busy snowy street! Oh, crap! What the hell just happened?!

 

A few hours earlier…..

 

“3… 2… 1… Happy New Year! Happy New Year, Yoona!” Taeyeon popped out the confetti in front of Yoona. Her face was plastered with joy and smile whereas Yoona was wearing a gloomy downcast expression.

 

“Congratulation.” Yoona said monotously as she put a hand under her chin.

 

“What’s with the lack of excitement, Yoona? You should be happy. It’s New Year! We’ve survived the Mayans’ irrelevant horrendous prediction. The world hasn’t ended yet!”

 

“Yah!” Yoona banged her fist on the counter. “Aren’t you depressed, spending New Year at a place like this? Be less happy, Taeng unnie!”

 

Taeyeon let out a chuckle, amused with Yoona who was bristling with anger. “Aish Yoong. How many times have you been saying that? It can’t be helped. It’s our job. So, deal with it, maknae.”

 

“Huwaaaa, Taeng unnie. That’s why I’m saying it like hell! We should be having fun during New Year ’s Eve and instead of being held up in this stupid fast food outlet!”  Yoona sniffed, almost on the verge of tearing up.

 

“Hahaha… Stop being a drama queen, Yoong. It’s not that bad. At least you have me to accompany you.”

 

“Aigoo, can’t we just leave?” Yoona leaned her back against the counter. She let out a heavy sigh.

 

Taeyeon glanced at her watch. “Be patience. We only have one hour before our shift end. So, bear with it okay. Later, unnie will treat you a nice good New Year meal.”

 

“Pfft! Like you’re gonna spent your New Year’s Eve with me. Aren’t you and Wooyoung-shi all set up? You and him, there’s some sparks flying right?”

 

“Yah! What are you saying?”

 

“You two…” One voice made Yoona and Taeyeon jumped, stopping their conversation.

 

“Oh, crap! Did he hear?” Yoona whispered to Taeyeon who was still flabbergasted by the sight of Jang Wooyoung. For the love of cupcakes, this guy really chose the wrong timing to appear!

 

“You guys can leave now. Thanks a lot for today.” Wooyoung curved a smile on his face and flashed it to the girls in front of him.

 

“Ye…sss.” Both Taeyeon and Yoona stuttered.

 

*

 

“Damn it! This year! Please! Please I want a super duper amazing boyfriend!” Yoona muttered as she and Taeyeon was walking side by side to their favorite stall.

 

“Aigoo, Yoong! Don’t you have anything else that you want to wish for?”

 

“Nope.” Yoona’s answer earned her a playful smack from Taeyeon. She sniggered before she ran off slowly, trying to escape from Taeyeon’s punishment.

 

This kid, really! Haish! Taeyeon shook her head. Why can’t she wish for something else more important? A super-duper amazing boyfriend? Her brain must be corrupted somewhere. If it was me, I would ask for 5 things. They are:

 

1)      Have a fat bank account.

2)      Stress less

3)      Be more optimistic and less pessimistic

4)      Have a peace and serene life

5)      STAY OUT OF TROUBLE!

 

“Taeng unnie… Stop being a slowpoke. Palli! I’m starving!” Yoona was waving her hand from the distance.

 

“Ara… Ara… I’m coming.”

 

Out of the blue, Taeyeon slipped her footing on the icy street. And unfortunately she pushed down an unknown guy with her. Her hands were on his chest, her eyes felt like they can’t even blink at all.

 

Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh! My 5th wish is to stay out of trouble and here I am pushing down a guy in the middle of a snowy icy road. And for crying out loud, do you think that you’re filming a romantic scene because all eyes are hooked on you and this anonymous guy now?

 

Seriously, what the hell, Kim Taeyeon? Really, what the hell?!

 

“Sor…” Shoot! Now is not the time to stammer! Get a grip missy and apologize! “Sorry! Are you… Urm.. Okay?” Waaaa! This is so embarrassing! How could I trip so suddenly? Damn it! On second glance, he’s super good looking! Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Again, wrong timing! Not really the best time to be drooling over a guy.

 

“Ommo, Taeng unnie! What happened?” Yoona dashed to the scene. At that time Taeyeon and the unknown guy were already on their feet.

 

Wahhhh! Handsome guys! Taeng unnie is daebak! I might as well score a super-duper amazing boyfriend  tonight. Yoona thought to herself when she saw two guys were standing in front of Taeyeon.

 

“Dude, are you okay?” A guy with a cute baby face asked the guy who was knocked down by Taeyeon.

 

“Yeah, I’m okay. Come here.” The unknown guy leaned forward to his friend and whispered something. Taeyeon was plastering her ‘what the hell’ look while Yoona on the other hand was mentally screaming like a mad fan girl inside her mind.

 

He appeared! He has finally appeared! Thank you god! I, Im Yoona, am very grateful to You!

 

“Err… Since there are two of us and two of you…” The guy with a cute baby face started the conversation.

 

“If you’re free, wanna go karaoke with us?” The guy who was knocked down added.

 

“Urmm….”

 

*

 

“Yah! How on earth did this happen?” Taeyeon clenched her fists together as her face reddened. She was ready to flip her lit off in front of Yoona.

 

“Aigoo, unnie. Take a chill pill. This is daebak! Don’t you think that having such good looking guys flirting with us is a grace from god? He did hear my voice, unnie. He granted my wish.” Yoona crooked a cheeky grin on her face.

 

Im Choding!!!! Calm down Taeyeon. Deep breathe. Inhaled. Exhaled.  No point exploding in front of her. She’s too blinded with those two gorgeous guys.

 

“Hey, Yoona… What song you wanna sing?” The guy with the baby face who introduced himself as Xi Luhan asked. Yoona immediately left Taeyeon and chose the song with Luhan.

 

Yah, Im Yoona! Come back here! Don’t leave me alone! I freaking hate the atmosphere here! Taeyeon was uneasy, she bit her lips, eyes dancing to every corner of the karaoke room.

 

“Hey, what’s your name?” Taeyeon’s orbs stopped from wandering around. She glanced to her side and saw the guy that she knocked down was gracing his face with a charming smile.

 

“Taeyeon… Kim Taeyeon.” She answered nervously. Waaaa, his smile is so bright that it almost blinded my eyes. Andwae! Don’t let your guard down, Taeyeon! Don’t fall for that smile. Just don’t!

 

“Hhhmmm… I’m Kim Jongin. Kai in short.” His lips once again twitched into a smile causing Taeyeon’s heart to pound faster than usual.

 

Kai… Cool name… Oh crap! This is outrages! I’ve somehow been caught up with this person in front of me. I somehow can’t divert my orbs away from him. It was as if my orbs are glued to him. Why is he so bright?

 

Kai saw Taeyeon was staring at him. To be honest, he, himself didn’t know what has gotten into him. Why on earth did he suggest to Luhan to ask Taeyeon and her friend to go out for a karaoke session with them? Usually, he hates being around girls. They are too clingy. Especially, Krystal Jung. Luckily he and Luhan managed to escape from her and the rest of f(x). If not, he would be in hell right now.

 

“Hey, you wanna go next?” Kai blurted out.

 

“Nope. It’s fine. I’m not in the mood to sing.”

 

“Don’t be a kill joy. Try and have fun.”

 

“I’ve said it before. At any rate, I’m just waiting to go back.” Taeyeon grabbed her juice and took a sip. “I don’t have any confidence in flirting with guys.”

 

“Huh?” Kai dropped his jaws, creating an ‘O’ shape. “What’s that? You can’t talk to guys?”

 

“Yes?” Taeyeon glanced to her side, eyeing Kai with the corner of her orbs.

 

“Considering your age, what the hell are you thinking?”

 

“Excuse me?” Taeyeon jerked her eyebrows.

 

“So you’re going to stay away from guys? Right now you’re at the peak of your life. So I guess you have to grasp firmly on reality.” Taeyeon sensed some sarcasm coming from Kai’s words. Oh, please. Don’t erupted like a volcano, Taeyeon. Remember wish number 4 – Have a peace and serene life. And also wish number 2 – stress less.

 

“Your point is?”

 

“My point is are you planning to spend the rest of your life time being single and turn into an ajumma that no guys will take interest on?” Kai said with a very irritable tone, making Taeyeon’s patience disappeared into thin air.

 

“Yah!!! Annoying little brat! Who the effing do you think you are? And besides, you don’t even know a thing about me. Look mister, you just hit my nerves really badly!”

 

Kai plastered a poker face. “Yo, chill missy. I’m sorry.” Kai dragged his knees on the sofa and put his face on them. His orbs fixated to the fuming girl in front of him. “And you’re cute.”

 

Cute? Huh? Taeyeon was stunned. She stared wide-eyed while trying to make sense of the last sentence that came out from Kai’s mouth.

 

“Lulu, let me sing that one.” Kai suddenly shouted.

 

*

 

What the hell? Suddenly calling me cute? Who does he thinks he is? Urgh! What do you want Kim Jongin? Trying to charm your way into my heart? Well, excuse me. I won’t fall that sugar coated words of yours. I’m done with love!

 

Taeyeon slammed her beer on the table as hard as she can. That brat really is something! I was a fool when I thought that he is cool. He is a damn annoying brat! That’s all there is to it.

 

She took a gulp of the beer; her cheeks were colored with bright red. “Unnie, stop drinking! That’s enough!” Yoona tried to stop Taeyeon but she was too drunk to even think wisely at that moment.

 

“No! I don’t want to! Give me more beer! More beer! Palli Yoong!” She muttered, obviously intoxicated with the beer. The beer has finally gotten the best of Kim Taeyeon. Aigoo… Unnie, you are so troublesome!

 

*

 

“So I said, I want more beer! Give me more!” Taeyeon shouted as her head was swaying around making it hard for Kai to balance himself.

 

“Kai-shi, please send her home.” Yoona begged him as she and Luhan intertwined their fingers. Geez! They are going to go and hook up somewhere and leave me with this ajumma? Crap! Some ty friend you are, Xi Luhan!

 

“Please, Kai. I owe you this one okay.” Luhan gave his aegyo, adding more pressure to Kai.

 

“Urgh! Ara! Ara! You owe me, Lulu! Like big time!”

 

“Yah, ajumma! Stop moving around! Do you want me to drop you?” Kai tried to control his movement. Urgh! If only I wasn’t kind enough to piggy bag this ajumma and send her home, I would surely leave her out here in this cold breezy weather. Aigoo, Kim Jongin, next time don’t be so generous and DON’T fall for Luhan’s aegyo ever again!

 

“Shut up! Don’t worry about me! Just walk faster! Faster! Faster!” Taeyeon chanted making Kai’s irritation level raised a bar.

 

“Yah! Stop yelling like that! You’re going to make me deaf!”

 

*

Kai put Taeyeon on her bed gently. He was gasping for air. His shoulders were aching in pain because Taeyeon smacked him countless of times when he asked her to shut up.

 

“Woahhhh! It’s a bed. So comfy!” She snuggled herself on the pillow, leaving Kai with his jaws dropped wide enough to stuff a Big Mac inside his mouth.

 

“You’re so defenseless. What a shocker!” He mumbled slowly.

 

“Hhmph… If you want to do something, then do it. Anything is fine.” Again Kai’s jaws dropped but even wider this time.

 

“Wah, is this an invitation? So sporting huh? Interesting!” Kai placed his hands and trapped Taeyeon’s body between him. He then turned her face so that they were facing each other. Kai’s heart was racing hard, but he put on his cool act, trying to control his nervousness.

 

Yah, Kim Jongin! Keep your act together! Stop being nervous and calm the down!

 

Taeyeon on the other hand had her eyes widened. hung open, but the tightness in her chest felt like a bear hug, keeping oxygen from getting to her lungs. This was out of a nightmare. She gulped but when she saw the look on Kai’s face, the tightness in her chest suddenly ebbed.

 

Somehow, his face is like a moon. It’s so bright. It’s so pretty. It’s enchanting.

 

Taeyeon felt like a hand was gently her hair, pulling her back into reality. Huh? What the hell?

 

“You can’t say something like that to a guy.” Kai’s voice sounded so warm like a refreshing summer breeze.

 

Taeyeon blinked her eyes. “What did you say?”

 

“Guy.”

 

“Ah… yes…” She diverted her eyes away from Kai. “But even if you have a girlfriend, if you have a chance, you’ll still….”

 

“Hey, I’m not that kind of jerk okay.”

 

“But he said… that this kind of thing is nothing. When he said that it’s normal for a guy to make out with another girl even if he has a girlfriend, I swallowed his words gladly. I was conducting myself with a cool face even though deep down my heart was broken into pieces.” Tears began to run down her cheeks.

 

“He said that because he is too cool and charming, all the girls are head over heels for him. And I was the one to blame because I didn’t stop him from cheating with another girl even if I knew the truth. I was the reason that we broke up. I was the one who caused him to playfully cheat behind my back.” She covered her face with her hands, avoiding Kai from looking to her messy teary face.

 

Kai sat on the edge of the bed. He can’t believe the words that came out from her lips. Who the that was hurting her this badly? If I know who he is, surely I teach him a lesson or two. Girls are not meant to be play around and dump like they are worthless. Screw this guy!

 

His hand went to touch her cheek. “I see. So that’s what he made you think. Wasn’t it painful?” He pushed her hands away from her face and wiped away the tears that were rolling down.

 

“I’m heading back. You have to clean up properly before going to bed. And don’t cry anymore okay.” The corner of his mouth twitched slightly, spreading into a wide soothing smile.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Sleep tight.” Kai patted her back and pulled the comforter to cover her body.

 

He went to switch off the light. Before he left for good, he took one final glance at the sleeping girl on the bed. Nobody is worth your tears and the one who is won’t make you cry.

 

And if it were me, I won’t let you cry. I never will! Cross my heart!

 


 

If you like it, do tell me. If you hate it, do tell also.

I'm up for critics. Enjoy :)

And pardon for the grammar mistakes.