Our past was...

Love is Beautiful (sequel to Love is Hurt)

 

 

 

 

“Nami is missing!” Eunji sounds panic from other line.

Chanyeol’s heart stopped.  “W-what?”

“Nami is missing. Did you hear me? I can’t reach her phone. Your home also empty. Her body still weak, I’m worried something bad happened to her. Hurry up. Go find for her!” Eunji hanged off her call, make Chanyeol dumbfounded in his place.

He tried to think straight. Nami is missing.

“Oppa…” Miyoung called.

“What’s happened, Chanyeol?” asked Baekhyun.

Again, Chanyeol’s tears falling down. Nami. Park Nami. The girl that he loved was missing. He remembered when the broken Nami walked away from him an hour ago but he didn’t run for her.

 Then, one by one of  their memories together refresh again in his mind.

Her smiles.

Her laugh.

Her happy face.

As he remember, Nami never complaint once about him. Everytime, she said she does understand and she’ll be okay. Dating with idol like him is not easy, and she was ready for it. Even they’re couldn’t go to public place while holding hands like other couple, she never going mad. She always smiles.

Even couldn’t go to her favourite place only two of them.

Dating with idol is going to be abnormal couple. She knew it.

 

“As long as you loved me…” she smiled.

 

As he woke up from a long dream, Chanyeol suddenly stand up and rush out from the practice room.

“Yah! Chanyeol!” EXO scream.

Miyoung send him with sad looking until Chanyeol disappear from her sight. After all, Chanyeol is not belonging to her. When that boy claimed Nami as his girlfriend, she already knew, no matters how’s closed Chanyeol to her, no matters how‘s caring Chanyeol to her, Nami is the only one.

“Just let’s him go.” Miyoung whispered in very low tone.

“Miyoung noona…”

“It’s my fault after all.” She bitterly smiles.

EXO was silent looking at her. This girl looks so pitiful.

“Do you know about that? Chanyeol’s engagement?” asked Suho, curious.

Miyoung nods. “But he thought I don’t know. Same like my feeling towards him, he was too blind to see. Somehow, I feel how’s lucky to be Park Nami.  She got everything what I was dreamt. Even I got all Chanyeol oppa’s attention but still I can’t get into his heart, his love. Am I so that greedy?”

 

The sun is set. In blurring sight, she still can see the sunset. Beautiful.

Half of her body was inside the water. And she goes further more... into deep of the ocean.

When she was lost her last hope, one hand suddenly come and caught her. She hardly opens her closed eyes and seeing him… him dive to get her. It’s maybe a weird dream but she still manages to smile. Before she completely drowns.

“Park Nami! Please… please open your eyes. Park Nami!” Still caught up his breath, Chanyeol tried to make Nami’s breathing again.

 

Please…please don’t do this to me. Please don’t leave me.

 

His tears mixed together with ocean water, but people still can differentiate it.  Chanyeol looks hopeless and lifeless when Nami still not moving even single inches.

“Please honey. I love you. I love you. I can say nth times how much I loved you, just please…don’t leave me like this. I can’t live without you.” 

People start gathering to give hands. A few of them especially the young one just in time recognized who Chanyeol was. It’s maybe sound terrible, but fans are always fans no matter what. Rather than giving helps, some of them just busy on taking photos. Soon, the photos will be uploaded into internet, as usual.

But Chanyeol doesn’t care at all. Right now, for him, Nami is everything.

 

 

 

EXO’s schedules still busy like usual. Compared from their debut times, this time they’re more successful and received more loves from public. Winning a few awards just after comeback, the public attentions always gave focus on them.

Chanyeol’s cases also become the highlight. Even SM tried to cover it, rumour and scandals was over the internet and news never end. Chanyeol also changed from Happy Virus to be Sad Virus. He rarely smiles. He tried to be professional but still can’t hide his gloomy feeling.

“Are you ready to leave?” asked Suho from behind.

Chanyeol didn’t reply but busy to packing his things. EXO just finished perform on Inkigayo’s stage. Miyoung who was standing not far from them, just looking with sad faces. After the day, she and Chanyeol are still not talking. Obviously, that bestfriend was going distant from her little by little.

“I’m going first.” Chanyeol gives a small bow and heading to the door.

“We’re leaving to China day after tomorrow, don’t be late!” Suho shouted.

Closed the door, Chanyeol leans over it and bite his lips. What to do.  EXO are need to flight to China for next promotion.

What to do.

 

 

Eunji’s ruffling her hairs with full friend love. This friendship can’t be bought with money. It’s too precious. She remembered, Nami always there when her mother passed away to comfort her. Nami is the only one where she can share everything in her life.

Eunji tilted her head after heard the door clicked sound. It’s Chanyeol.

“You’re coming.” said Eunji.

Chanyeol send a weak smile and drops his bag on the floor. As usual, he never missed to come and visit Nami in the hospital after his busy schedules.

“You must be tired. Go home. I will take care of her.” Chanyeol look at the sleeping Nami. Nami breathe calmly. When he thought he’s going to lose Nami, the miracle is always there. And until now, he believes on it. Since the day, the girl is not giving a sign to wake up from her long dream but still, he will wait and he can wait.

“Compared to me, you’re the worst one.” replied Eunji back.

“I’m okay. “

The room was silent again. But not awkward.

Eunji didn’t move from her chair. She still wants to accompany Nami again.

“I’m sorry…”

Eunki pulls her head and look at Chanyeol. She doesn’t know either the idol talk to her or Nami since his eyes only staring on sleeping Nami.

“I’m sorry…” he said again.

Now, she knows Chanyeol refer to her.” For what?”

“For hurting your bestfriend.” His tears suddenly falling again.

Eunji soften.

“She loved you.”

“Yes, I knew.”

“Then, why?”

“I don’t know…”

Eunji sighed.

“Do you have secret feeling toward Miyoung?”

“NO!”

“And then why? The situation is not simple as you think. It’s about people life. I don’t want be selfish bestfriend but- please, Chanyeol. Your acts are not mature. It’s not just simple apologize after doing mistakes; your act was killed one life. Your child. Your own child…”

“Yes, I knew. But what should I do to make it right?”

“Leave her…alone.”

Chanyeol stunned. He never expect that words will come out from Eunji’s mouth when that day she’s the one who asked him to make Nami smiles back.

“W-what?”

“I’m serious, Chanyeol. It’s the time…please leave her. I don’t want to see her lost herself for second time because of you. She already had enough. The pain that you gave to her, she can’t handle it more. You broke our promises. You hurt her.”

“No. please! Please don’t… I love her!”