The Girl by the Sea

❤ For Your Appler Heart ❤
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

     There she was, her slim milky legs stretched down onto the rocks below, bare-footed. Like always, for the past two weeks I’ve been seeing her, she wore a sleeveless white dress, her eyes gazing sadly at the calm sea before her.

     Her hair was the colour of rich chocolate. It flowed in waves, and they adorned her porcelain skin beautifully.

     Jiyong walked towards her, and his heart skipped a beat when she looked up at him, the corner of her lips curved slightly.

     “You’re here.” Her voice was a soothing whisper. “Again.” He added with a cheeky smile. Her lips curved a little more, but her smile instantly faded as she turned back to gaze at the sea.

     “Having the same thoughts?” she asked as Jiyong sat down beside her. “Like always.” He replied softly.

     “Don’t.” she said simply as she slowly turned her gaze to him, “Don’t do it. You’ll regret it.”

     She blinked as her stare got more intense. Jiyong felt lost in her eyes. “It’s never the best option.”

     Her eyes showed an emotion Jiyong couldn’t fathom, and Jiyong was dying to know more about her.

     She was different from the rest. When he had told others of what he was thinking of doing, they would shout at him, go hysteric, and call him crazy. But for her; Dara, she would reply in a soft voice, laced with emotions Jiyong couldn’t pick up.

     “The days are getting harder…but coming here helps to relieve the stress a lot.” He sighed.

     “Here?” she whispered. Jiyong stared into her brown orbs for a while before nodding his head, “Yeah. The sea, the breeze, and the sereneness of everything…It helps get my mind off lots of things.”

     “And you.” He added as Dara blinked, “Having someone to actually talk to me and be a proper listening ear really helps.”

     Dara didn’t show any reaction, she just looked away.

     “That’s good then.” She murmured, “I wasn’t fortunate like you…”

     Her last sentence was barely audible, Jiyong heard her faintly, but he didn’t think that she would say those words, so he brushed them off.

     Jiyong stared at her side profile. She was breathtakingly beautiful.

     He wished to see her smile. Not the small smile she usually flashes, not the slight curve of her lips, but a true, genuine smile.

     She always looked sad, lonely, but at the same time, she was beautiful.      

     “I’ve never asked you this but…do you live around here?” he asked.

     Dara turned to him, “No…”

     “Then how do you get here every day?” Jiyong asked curiously.

     Something flashed in Dara’s eyes. “I just do.” She stated simply.

     Jiyong knew he had struck a chord, so he kept his mouth shut afterwards.

     They sat in silence as hours ticked by. Jiyong never understood how she was able to sit at one spot for so long. She didn’t move at all.

     She looked like a beautifully carved statue of an angel.

     Jiyong got up, and patted some dust of his jeans as Dara slowly raised her head to look at him. “I have to go now.” He flashed a smile

     Dara blinked, and her lips formed a tight-lipped smile. “Take care. You’ll make it through.” She said softly.

     Jiyong smiled, “Thanks, Dara. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

     As he turned away, he heard Dara’s soft whisper.

     “Yes…tomorrow…”

     He smiled.

 

     Months past in the blink of an eye, and thanks to Dara, Jiyong’s life seemed brighter, and getting through seemed easier, and less painful.

     Jiyong sat down beside her and smiled nervously, “Hey.”

     Dara turned to him, and Jiyong noticed that her face was paler. Her skin was paler.

     “Dara, what’s wrong?” he asked worriedly, “Are you sick? Fever?” He reached his hand out and touched her forehead. It was cold.

     Dara pushed his hand away lightly and shook her head. Her skin was cold too.

     “I’m fine, Ji.” She smiled weakly.

     Why do your eyes show so much sadness than before? Jiyong thought as his heart clenched.

     He furrowed his brows worriedly as Dara turned to him with a soft smile on her lips, “How are you?”

     Jiyong’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter