Baekhyun's Power

The Exo Team

Baekhyun leaned against the wall, watching his new friend carry boxes back and forth. Chanyeol surprised him by coming to his house the next day in the morning after he agreed to join EXO. Baekhyun invited him to enjoy a cup of coffee while he got ready, however when he returned Chanyeol left his spot on the couch. He found the tall guy packing his stuff in boxes in his room.

“Do I have to move though? I get it that you guys think of me as family but living in the same house with 11 people? That’s insane!” Baekhyun said, crossing his arms.

Chanyeol heaved a large pile of clothes in the box in front of him. “Who knows, it could be fun.” He handled the box and carried it outside with Baekhyun. Placing the last box in his car, he turned around to face the whiny teen. “Suho took care of everything about your apartment. The job for us is to just pack up and leave. We’re gonna go now, did you forget anything?”

“I don’t think so,” Baekhyun slipped in the passenger seat. “Is the house big?”

Chanyeol nodded and started the car’s engine. They rode in comfortable silence as they passed by neighborhoods. Baekhyun saw the car slowing to a stop in front of a creamy colored mansion. He got off the car and stared in awe. The scenery looked like it was from a painting. There was a marble fountain in front of the house, glimmering water pouring out from the angel on top of it. Chanyeol opened the door for him and richness hit him as he observed everything. Inside was even more magnificent.

“Baekhyun! You’re here!” he cranked his head to meet a wet-looking Suho.

“Hey Suho.”

“Let’s go train your powers, hm? Yeol can you go bring up his stuff to your room?” Suho faced Baekhyun and smiled.

Baekhyun gawked at Suho. “But hyung, why am I rooming with him? We don’t get our own rooms?”

Chanyeol snickered and left out the door. Suho gave him an assuring smile. “Everyone rooms with one other person in case something happens.”

The older waggled his finger indicating Baekhyun to follow him. They walked through a long hallway and the amazed other couldn’t help to compliment how nice and spacious the place was. Suho chuckled. “Hard work pays off.”

Suho let Baekhyun go outside to the backyard first. His eyes widened to the extent of looking like Kyungsoo’s. The perfectly mowed lawn was 10 stadium football fields, and if he squinted his eyes he could see 7 figures playing around. 

“There are some obstacle courses too. You can battle against one or team up in a game if you want.” Suho added. “Chanyeol, there you are.”

Baekhyun blinked at the person running towards them. “He’s going to be your trainer since your powers are similar to each other’s.”

Chanyeol grinned at him. “Sure!”

“I’ll leave you guys alone. Train him well, Yeol.” Suho patted both of their shoulders and left.

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol eagerly for further instructions. They walked down to the field where there was an oak tree with a lot of shade under. Chanyeol plopped down on the grass and rested his back on the tree.

‘Is he slacking off?!’ Baekhyun stared below at him in disbelief.

“Make light.”

“What?”

Chanyeol opened one eye lazily and replied, “Focus on bringing out light. Calm your nerves and your inner power will come out.”

Unsure of whether the sleepy guy was being serious or not, he still obeyed. He closed his eyes and soothed his muscles.  He felt powerful out of a sudden. There was a purge of something strong going around his body and veins and his heart started beating fast. Suddenly his hands had no weight and bright light was shooting out of him. Chanyeol jolted and watched in amazement. The other EXO members from afar stopped what they were doing and widened their eyes.

‘Light’ his mind said and his whole body was overwhelmed with waves of light. The light blasted out from his hand to the shade where Chanyeol was at, making the whole tree light up blindly. He breathed heavily and looked at Chanyeol.

“B-Baekhyun!” Chanyeol dashed over to the guy embraced by heavenly light. Baekhyun somehow made his power died down and he fainted.


Baekhyun coughed and groaned. He opened his eyes when he felt a pounding feeling in his head. Someone laid him back down on the bed. “Baekhyun?”

‘Chanyeol?’ with his eyes shut he tried to reach out for him until a hand touched his forehead. A serene sensation wrapped around him and he felt his headache disappearing. He startled everyone as he stood up in the bed. 11 faces looked at him worriedly. Lay leaned away from his head and smiled.

“I…what happened?” his hands and body still were warm after the effect of his power.

“You fainted while your powers released Baekhyun.” Chanyeol stated.

“I’ve healed you though, you should be fine now,” Lay said.

Baekhyun sighed and thanked him. His relaxed expression immediately softened everyone’s consternation.

“Let’s go, everybody. Give him some space.” Suho went out of the room and everyone followed quietly. Chanyeol stayed, gazing at him with a glint in his eyes.

“Baekhyun.”

“What?” he bent over to the nightstand to get the glass of water that sat there. He took a big gulp and almost choked when Chanyeol commented, “You have a highly skilled power, and you already know how to use it on the first day of training. At this rate you can be one of the most powerful beings on Earth! All hail to Byun Baekhyun~”

Baekhyun smirked. “Your guys’ powers are pretty awesome too.”

“Thanks. But for you…dang, unbelievable. I’m glad you’re in our team. I couldn’t even imagine the damage if you were a criminal.” He playfully joked, earning a little smile from Baekhyun.

“I wouldn’t even think of it, Yeollie.”

Chanyeol roared with laughter. “Ok then, Baekkie.” They laughed loudly about their nicknames for each other, making the others from outside of the room curious.

“Hey by the way…” Baekhyun wiped a tear in the corner of his eye from laughing too much. “When are we going to get into some action?”

“Dunno, it could be anytime. Just be prepared and you’re all good.” Chanyeol gave a thumbs up. 

"How many criminals have you guys catched?" asked Baekhyun, who leaned towards Chanyeol eagerly like an excited puppy.

"34."

The magenta haired teen clapped his hands. "Awesome! If there's one you guys have to catch can I join?"

"Heh of course," Chanyeol playfully flicked his head. 

Baekhyun let out a soft yelp and was about to flick him back when a loud alarm came on.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Chanyeol glanced up and told Baekhyun to get up. He grabbed his hand and dragged him outside of the room. Baekhyun frowned of confusion as he saw all of EXO gathering in front of the house. "Where are we going?" he asked.

"To catch a bad guy," Chanyeol madly grinned at him right before Kai teleported them all.

 


Thank you guys for subscribing & commenting!!! 

Hehh I wonder how they're going to fight the criminal ~(-w-)~

Stay tuned for the next chapter!