The One Where It Goes Wrong

Beautiful Stranger
Episode 30

She ran out on them, not giving him time to answer or do anything else for that matter.

 

What she dreamt about came true, not as it was, but walking on them both and so close to each other was something she was afraid of happening and it did.

 

She felt like a stupid little girl thinking she was good enough for him.

 

She felt useless, unloved and used.

 

Like in the past, like in the present and probably in the future.

 

The self-esteem she barely had came crashing down, her insecurities taking over as her mind took over unhappy thoughts about how she wasn't even worth his time.

 

She finally arrived at her place, violently throwing her bag on the couch.

 

She let the tears falls, staining her cheeks along with the sound of her cries coming out.

 

She was feeling so weak that she fell down on her knees hugging herself from the sudden coldness of being left alone.

 

It wasn't her first time being thrown away but because it was Seungho, it hurt more than any kind of physical or emotional pain she's ever experienced.

 

Because it was Seungho, her heart ached more.

 

She felt so uncomfortable with herself she could barely stand the emotional drive that it was giving her. She ran her fingers through her hair and grab hold, swaying her body from front to back still under shock from having to face a nightmare that came true.

 

She was so caught up into her own mess, she didn't feel a pair of arms wrapping themselves around her from behind. It was his sweet voice she loved so that drew her out from her daze. “Haylee, look at me babe, please. Don't cry.”

 

She didn't listen to him, wanting to block him out.

 

She pushed him away and got on her feet, the anger slowly rising. She turned to face him, her hands shaky and pointed to the door.

 

“Get out”

 

He looks at her not believing what she just said.

 

He wanted to reason with her and tell her that nothing was going on, but from the looks of it, it was going to be a long night. “Let me explain, nothing was going on -”

 

“Nothing was going on?! Really Seungho?! You're going to use that crap!”

 

“YAH! I'm telling you the truth! I wouldn't lie about something like that! What is wrong with you?”

 

“What is wrong with me?!”

 

“Haylee breathe, please. I promise you that nothing was going on, she was the one that made a move. I wanted to push her away but you came right at the moment I wanted to.”

 

“Why should I even believe you?”

 

“Because I'm your boyfriend & I love you!”

 

“Really?! You're not even willing to touch me, your own girlfriend! but you'll pull a one night stand with someone who isn't even suppose to mean something to you?!”

 

Hearing her, Seungho went pale.

 

If he heard right, Haylee knew about what happened between Jamie and him and that would be the reason she was acting this way. Guilt ached in him as he was starting to blame himself.

 

He looked down, speechless, trying to find the right words to say, but nothing was coming out. He plainly decided to ask her how she knew, thinking that she had probably overheard his conversation with the others yesterday. “How did you know?”

 

“I heard you talking with the others! That's why I left! I wasn't feeling sick I just couldn't stand hearing more about your trophy night with her! Hearing that my own boyfriend is attracted to another woman that isn't his girlfriend isn't something I want to hear! Now go! Leave me alone!”

 

He takes a few step towards her, only to have her walking backwards, wanting to stay away from him.

 

“Haylee… Is that why you acted this way? Babe, I promise you that you mean more to me than she ever did. I'm not going to lie to you but I did feel something for her, but that was long before we even met. One night we got drunk and we slept together, but after this night nothing else happened because whatever feelings I had for her just… vanished.”

 

“But still, you clearly said that you were physically attracted to her. That still means something Seungho! It makes me hate myself even more because you don't even find me attractive! You keep pushing me away! I mean even this morning! If you don't even want me what's the point of being in a relationship -”

 

“Haylee, don't say that, please. I'm just afraid…”

 

“Afraid of what?! Of breaking me? I'm not a doll!”

 

“I'm afraid that you'll regret it!”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“I-I don't know.”

 

At those last words, a moment of silence was filling the air.

 

She was looking down trying to stop her tears while all he did was looking at her, feeling helpless. He didn't know how to make the situation any better and right now he thought that everything was ruined.

 

Everything that they both built over the past two to three months was on the verge of its breaking point.

 

She was still looking down, ready to pour everything she had inside ever since she became his girlfriend, hoping for him to understand why she was acting this way.

 

“Ever since I had that dream about you and her, I got so paranoid about everything that I started acting out when I heard what you said the other day… I'm sorry. I'm just insecure, okay? I'm like this, I've always been like this. I care about what people think, I don't want them to judge me so I try my best to be normal to the public eye. I get embarrassed easily and I'm really shy. From head to toe and inside out.” She takes a moment as she breathes out and looks back up at him.

 

“I'm afraid of everything and now, I'm especially afraid of losing you and I feel like that's what's happening right now. When I see you with them I feel stupid because I keep asking myself why the hell is he with me when he can have her or someone else that is better? I'm messed up. When it comes to this, my heart stops, my brain doesn't work and I become foolish. I've been heartbroken so many times, I shut myself out because I got sick and tired of being played, of being used and of not even being cared about. I want to be taken care of, I want to have a boyfriend that will get jealous when I go out with friends, I want him to be jealous when I speak to other guys… I just want a boyfriend that truly loves me for me and that he wants to spend every minute of his free time with. I don't want him to get tired of me because that means that he'll just leave and I'll end up being alone…”

 

She held more of her tears inside, wanting to spill the last part of her speech.

 

“I've had enough of being alone, all by myself with nobody to lean on. I know I have my family, but that's not enough, I want something different. I want to brag about how my boyfriend is the best in the world, how he takes care of me and how he spoils me because I mean the world to him. I've been so caught up in dreaming about this that I don't want even to wake up because, as far as I know, dreaming is the best part, it's practically the highlight of my day, because I know that I'll be alone again once I step foot outside and I don't want that. Is it to much to ask? To just simply be loved and feel safe? Am I asking to much? Because I feel like I do and that's why I can't have what I've been dreading to have. I envy people that are happy because they have someone to share their days with, they have someone with who to talk to and hang out with. I don't have that. And that's all I want.”

 

“Babe, what dream… Is that why you woke up in the middle of the night?”

 

“Y-yes. I dreamt that you were cheating on me with Jamie. That you just used me and that you didn't have any sorts of feelings for me -”

 

She was cut off by his kiss.

 

He cupped her cheeks and crashed his lips against hers.

 

He wanted to let her know that she had nothing to worry about because she was the only one he had eyes for. From the day he saw her walking away on the streets until today, all that mattered was Haylee.

 

His precious lady; his pretty girl; his beautiful stranger.

 

He slowly pulled away but stayed close enough to feel her breath on his lips while the tip of their noses were still touching.

 

He looked at her dark watery eyes finally understanding that she loved him all along and that it was simply because she was afraid that she became this way.

 

Even though it haven't lasted twenty-four hours, from the first second he heard her voice on the phone yesterday, he knew that something was wrong and the event from today just proved it.

 

She looks back at him, her eyes gazing into his chocolate orbs, completely hypnotized by the way he was looking at her.

 

She was finally able to calm herself down, realizing how much this whole situation was just stupid in the first place.

 

“I hate myself because I can't seem to stop making you cry.”

 

“Don't hate yourself, I'm the stupid one. I blew things out of proportion and it's all my fault. I can't believe that it went wrong… I'm so sorry.”