A bad day

Serious Business

Annyeong!!
So, here's the first chapter of my new story. It's kind of an introduction of Seungri and his every day life. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for subscribing and commenting! I really enjoy writing stories like this. ^^ 
~Mirthe

Seungri was leaning backwards lazily in his office chair. Even with his eyes closed, he could see the bunch of paperwork lying on his desk waiting to be read and signed. He tried to ban the irritating image from his mind, thinking about other things. The bottle of wine he would open that evening, the club he would visit after finishing it, the woman he would convince to stay the night. Anything but work really. But the paperwork kept invading his mind. Frustrated, he let out a sigh. Why did he have to do this anyways? Was there no one who could sign these damn things for him? Was it normal that the CEO of a great mall like VI had to sign stupid pieces of paper every day?
“DAESUUUUNG!” He yelled.
The fast footsteps of his assistant were heard in the room next to his office. It only took five seconds before Kang Daesung was in front of him, bowing.
“Yes, mister Lee?” He said carefully, knowing in an instant in which mood his boss was. 
“Get these papers out of my office.” Seungri said, resting his head in his hands.
“Yes… where should I bring-”
Seungri interrupted him. “I don’t care, somewhere I can’t see them. Hurry up.”
“Yes sir.” Daesung said, grabbed the paperwork and bowed once again before leaving the room.
The CEO let his head rest on his desk, planning to take a nap. But after five minutes, he was disturbed by a knock on the door.
“What is it?” He groaned annoyed. Wasn’t he even allowed to sleep for a little while?
“Sir,” he heard the nervous voice of his assistant, “Ch-Choi Seunghyun is here, he says you two have a meeting planned in 10 minutes.”
Seungri immediately sat straight up. “WHAT? Since when? Why didn’t you inform me earlier?!” He yelled, grabbing his hair in frustration. He ran up to the mirror standing in one of the corners of his office to check how he was looking.
“He said that you made the appointment with him yourself last week, sir.”
“That’s ridiculous.” Seungri said, while trying to fix his hair. “I never…” His voice faded away. He suddenly realized, he did make that appointment. It was in that club…which club was it again? Aah, nevermind. He had totally forgotten. He thought that Choi Seunghyun would’ve forgotten too, knowing the amount of drinks he had drunk. So he actually beat him at resistance against alcohol? No way.
He coughed. “Get the meeting room ready.” Could this day get any worse?
Ever since Seungri had taken over the company of his father last year, he had several meetings with the boss of a competing business. Since their first meeting, Seungri had disliked him completely.  This man, ironically also named Seunghyun, seemed to be his superior in everything, but there was no way that he would admit that. The man was slightly taller than him, also a few years older and was more experienced too. It was also said that he was handsome…
Seungri turned his face in disgust when he thought of the guy. Every time a woman would try to flirt with Choi Seunghyun, Seungri wouldn’t stop following her until she fell for him instead. He just couldn’t stand to see his rival succeed in something. Nothing annoyed him more than seeing the man step inside a club he just entered to enjoy his night. He wanted to see him the least possible, but it seemed he couldn’t escape meeting him today. Damn alcohol.
He stepped back to view himself one more time, shot a smile into the mirror, straightened his tie and walked to the door using large steps. There was no way he would show that CEO that he had forgotten about their appointment, no freaking way.
When he entered the meeting room, he was annoyed by the way Daesung stood there nervously, a few steps away from the seat his rival was sitting in. His assistant seemed to have a weakness for said man, he had realized that the first time they met.
Before he could open his mouth, Choi Seunghyun said: “It’s almost like you forgot about the meeting today, that couldn’t be, right?”
Anger filled Seungri up already. “Get out, Daesung.” He said, trying to keep his voice steady.
His assistant shot a nervous look at T.O.P before hurrying out, closing the door softly behind him.
“I’m glad you’re in time though,” the low voice that annoyed him so much continued, “you haven’t forgot the importance of this meeting now, have you?”
Seungri swallowed and slowly sat down, trying to show his calm. Why did they agreed to see each other again?
“Of course I wouldn’t forget.” He lied, looking the man straight into his eyes to convince him. “Now, please start. What was it you had to say about this matter?”
Choi Seunghyun chuckled, resting the side his head on his fingertips.
“The special ‘Start of the Spring’ sale, I knew this is a brilliant idea, and I can understand why you would want to use it. I mean, who wouldn’t want an accessory for 50% of the normal price when buying two pieces of clothing of our new assortment? I don’t know how you found out about our special events, but I would like to kindly ask you to think of something else before spring starts. Which is,” he looked at the shiny watch around his wrist, “in exactly one week.”
His idea? Seungri filled up with irritation. It wasn’t like he knew about the plans of their business. He didn’t attend their meetings, and he didn’t take the time to look into their documents. He opened his mouth to protest.
“I didn’t…” He stopped talking when he saw Choi Seunghyun shaking his head in disbelief.
“Don’t tell me you didn’t look into the papers I sent you two days ago? I even sent it through mail to be certain it would reach you.”
Damn this man.
“I…didn’t have the time, we’ve been really busy with-”
Again, he was interrupted.
“Ah yes, I believe you must be busy. I’m sorry for giving you even more work to do.”  He said with a little smile. “Talking about that, I have another meeting to attend to. You wouldn’t have read, since I sent it in the same mail, but Se7en is going to do a commercial with us. I’m sure it will lift up our amount of customers upcoming summer. I have to meet his manager. I will leave first.” He bowed politely and walked out with certain steps, leaving Seungri sit in his chair, defeated.
There was one positive thing about this all, it was impossible for his day to get worse now.
He walked out of the meeting room, seeing Daesung standing next to the door, watching as Choi Seunghyun walked out of the hall.
He coughed.
His assistant startled and turned around, knowing he was caught. He bowed. “S-sir?” He mumbled.
“Arrange a meeting in an hour.” Seungri forced himself to say. “Tell them it’s urgent.”
“Yes sir, immediately sir.”
Lee Seunghyun turned around before Daesung could bow and walked back towards his office. Time to take a nap before everyone was informed. And maybe check the mail that was sent two days ago, just maybe.