Chapter Five: Transfer

A Princess Life !!

 "Kuya! What now?" I said completely annoyed. I thought we were done talking about Enrique!

 

"Alexa!" he warned me with a voice so serious. "You must know how to keep a distant to a guy. You just met him a while ago and you're too close to him? Act like a lady how Mom taught you!"

 

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes. I pulled my arm from his big hand and said, "Guy? He's a gay. As in G. A. Y. Not G. U. Y." He's being paranoid. Like duh? I know what the difference between man and woman. I am not child anymore to be clueless about this matter.

 

"What did you say, Alexa?" he lowered his voice when he realized what I have said.

 

"I said he’s a gay, so don't worry, okay? He's just like me, maybe not in body but here," and pointed my chest. I think it was really absurd. What I and Enrique had talked about that's why I felt his grievance, "we have a feminine heart."

 

Kuya Allen faced me as if he's not convinced with what I said. He looked at Enrique, who doesn’t know what to do. Enrique just smiled and waved his hand awkwardly.

 

"Okay," Kuya Allen looked back at me, “though he's gay. Don't be too close. He's a man after all."

 

"Alright! Alright! If that's what you want," I just agreed 'cause I know he'll not gonna stop until I agreed to him. "Can I go a little closer to him? 'Cause you know, I don't want him to feel OP." 

 

"K."

 

I ignored his super one letter answer and went to Enrique. I gave him an okay sign. He smiled when he got what I wanted to say. 

 

-- 

 

Wah! So tired for what Enrique and I did at the Mall. We did some shopping and play, after, with my four brothers. Enrique was so happy to the highest level when he met my four brothers. Even though that my four brothers were a little awkward with him, they would just get use to it maybe after a couple of weeks. Just like I did.

 

I'm at home already. I was just lying on my bed, resting my oh-so-tired feet. 

 

I almost feel asleep when I heard a knock. 

 

"Come in," I said lazily. I sit down. 

 

"Hello, Princess," Mom greeted when she came in. 

 

"'Lo Mom," I smiled a little. I want to lie down but my Mom wouldn’t it when I am talking to her. 

 

She pulled the chair closer to my bed, "tired from shopping?" 

 

"A bit." I moved and laid my back at the headboard of my bed. "Why Mom? Do you want to tell something?" I asked. I hope she's going to say something that I want, not what she wants. 

 

"Princess," she called my name. He held my hand and caress it. "I want you to transfer." 

 

I cocked my head, "transfer what, Mom?" I asked cuz I literally don’t understand her.

 

"School. I want you to be enrolled in an exclusive school for girls. Don't worry, Alexa. I'll accompany you to the school when you enroll," she said.

 

"Ah! Sur--" I stopped when I realized what she just said. Ghad! What did she say again? School? Exclusive school for girls? Am I just tired or I heard it right? I took a deep breath before asking. There are possibilities that I didn't hear it clearly 'cause I'm tired. "What did you say again, Mom?" 

 

"I know you are excited," mom smiled widely, "school for girls, my dear. Well, I just noticed that you're adapting the likes of your brothers and it's not good for you. So, I decided to enroll you to an exclusive school for girls." she said as if I am so happy with what she said.

 

"No! I’m freakin’ not happy!" I shouted... but it's only in my brain. The feeling that I want to say out loud that I don't want, but my mouth didn't say anything, it just pressed as if it was glued. 

 

My Mom stood up. "Tomorrow we're going out to eat for lunch. I will prepare your dress, so don't worry about it. Sleep tight, our Princess," she gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and went out. 

 

I stared at the door where my Mom went out. Until now, my mind keeps on saying that she didn’t like what just mom said. But my mouth is shut. 

 

How long am I going to be like this? 

 

How long am I supposed to do what my Mom wants me to do? 

 

Why my life is like this? 

 

Why I don't have a normal life? Is it my fault for being not vocal to my Mom? 

 

My heart is hurting right now as if it is going to burst. Do I need to shout to ease the pain? Do I need to cry? 

 

I know I am being so dramatic about my situation but that's what I'm feeling right now--

 

I almost jumped in shock when I heard my noisy ringing tone. I grab my phone on the bedside table. 

 

I answered it, didn't bother to look whose calling. I pressed my phone on my ears. I didn't say a word, just waiting for the caller to speak. 

 

[Hey, girl. What's up?] a masculine voice said at the other line. 

 

"Who's this?" I asked lazily. I lay down on my bed while I'm holding my phone onto my left ear. I want to sleep, don't want to wake up anymore because of this Princess life... 

 

[It’s me, Enrique. You forgot me already? Oh come on.] 

 

I heave out a sigh, "Sorry, it doesn't sound like you. Your voice is so masculine." 

 

[My Mom and Dad are near from me, that's why. Oh by the way, I called you because I want to invite you tomorrow. Eat outside? What do you think? I don't want to stay here, I can't breath in here.] 

 

"I want to," I said, "but I already said yes to my Mom. We're gonna eat outside too. I'm sorry." I really want to have a meal with him. At least when I'm with him, I don't need to pretend that I am a Princess type lady. 

 

[Owkay.. Maybe next time. I'll hung up the phone, okay? Your voice sounds so exhausted.] 

 

"Okay. Good night. Babye." 

 

[Bye.] 

 

After the call, I threw my phone at my bed and pull my blanket to cover my head.

 

Life really !

 

Me, going to be enrolled to an exclusive school for girls while Enrique going to be enrolled to an exclusive school for boys. And we both don't want it. I heave a sigh and wiped my tears with my blanket.

 

I need to do something.

 

But what?