Two Different People, But One Person

Before He leaves to become a Idol...

I miss you.

My heart sinks. He misses me? That’s what he wants to say to me? Why is it so hard for him to tell me? A thousand of questions fly in my head as I try to process everything. I’m such a fool. Why didn’t I see that in him? It was there in his eyes all along. And yet, I thought he moved on. But, he hasn’t. Even after all this time. He stayed in the same place as me all along.

I got home and went straight into my room. If only there is a day when I can speak to him, I’d tell him how much he means to me and how much I miss him. But, there’ll probably be no days where that’ll happen. But, he probably feels the same or, does he feel the same as me?

I lay on my bed. I lift the album above me and reread what V wrote on the sticky note. I keep reading it. I began to question. “Why would he say he misses me or is he just saying that so I don’t feel sad? ‘I miss you too.’ Why can’t I say that to him at that moment?” I said to myself. “Should’ve done that…”

It was evening. Maybe I better  go talk to V right now. Yeah, I should.

 

V’s P.O.V

After the fansign event at Ilsan, we went back to the company. We change into comfortable clothing to dance in. 3-4 hours past while we were practicing. We took a break. Everyone was gathered in a group.

“So,” said Suga hyung, “What did Myung Ri wrote to you on the sticky note?” he asks me.

I let out a small smile, “She wrote if I had anything I wanted to say to her.”

“What did you write back?” said Jungkook interested.

I can’t hide it from all the hyungs. “I miss you.”

“Woahh~” they all said.

“Ai~ Really? You really put that?” said J Hope hyung.

“Mmm” I nod.

“Truth is, I was really shocked that she came.” Said Jimin.

“Oh, me too.” Said Jin fanning himself with his pink princess fan.

“Noona looked really sad. She isn’t her usual self.” Said Jungkook.

“Well, I think you should talk to her,” said Rap Monster, “I was really surprised that she came. I thought girls hate seeing their ex after dumping them.  But, what Jungkook said was true, Myung Ri didn’t look good.”

“Shouldn’t you at least talk to her? I mean, you two have been dating for a whole year and I know many feelings have developed. I also know that it’s hard.” Said Suga hyung.

“Taehyung, don’t you still have Myung Ri’s phone number?” said Jin hyung. “You can just call her.”

“Yah, that’s not manly enough! Remember that Myung Ri hates guys who don’t have confidence in themselves?” said J hope hyung, “You have to talk to her face to face.”

They all look at me. “So, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know.” I said, “I don’t even know if I can even face her.”

“Yah, trust my words.” Said Suga hyung.

I thought for a while. Maybe I should do what Suga hyung says. “Alright, I’ll go see to her.”

“Ai~ that’s our Taehyung!” said J Hope.

 

Myung Ri’s P.O.V

I was standing in front of Big Hit building. My heart was beating fast. Was I ready to do this? I breathe in one more time and stepped in the building. I walk up to the counter.

“Hello, how can I help you?” the counter lady asks me.

“A-ah, is BTS in?” I ask her.

“Yes, is there something you want?” she asks me.

“Can I visit them?” I ask her.

“Sorry but-”

“It’s okay.” Said a voice, “She’s a good friend of mine.”

I turn around and it was V. Perfect timing or maybe not. I was kind of hoping that he wouldn’t be here.

“Come on.” He said.

I bow to the lady and followed after V. Instead, V walks out of the building. Where is he going? The more I look at it, he was heading to the park…Where we first met…and ended…

It was already dark when we got there. We walk over to the bench. V sits down. I sit at the other side of the bench.

“So-” we both said. “You can-”

“I’ll go first.” Said V. I nodded in agreement. “Why are you here?”

Those words stab deep in my heart. It sounds as if he doesn’t want me here. Tears began to form in my eyes but I hold it back. I clear my throat, “I needed to tell you something…” there was a slight pause. “Why did you write ‘I miss you’ on the sticky note? Did you mean it? ...Or was it something what V writes.”

I see him frown at the corner of my eye.

“What do you mean? Something V writes?” he said confused. There was a bit of anger in his voice. He’s probably angry at what I said. “What do you mean by that?”

“The man that I used to know is Taehyung, not V.”I said. I look V’s way. “V is not the person I love. It’s Taehyung. V and Taehyung are two different people. When you’re on the stage, it’s not you anymore Taehyung. You’ve become a different person.”

“So you’re saying, you don’t love me as V? We’re the same person!” he said looking at me sternly. My heart makes a strong pound on my chest. I’ve never seen V this angry before.

“I do love you… just not who you are now!” I argued back. “Taehyung is a nice and caring person-”

“So is V!” said V angrily. “Are you saying that I changed?”                                   

That attacked my heart. Tears swell up. “That’s not what I’m saying!”

“Then what are you trying to say?!” he said still angry.

I look straight now instead of looking at V’s direction. Calmly, I told him, “I know why you’re mad. I know you are confused.” I took a breath in to calm myself. “When I see V on the stage, I see how happy he is living his dream. But Taehyung is the one who knows and loves me like I do too.” Tears fall down my cheeks. “I just want V and Taehyung to be the same person... When you’re V, you act as if I don’t exist. It’s like I am one of your fan. When you’re Taehyung, you’re the person who loves me and cares about me.” I look at him, “Do you get it now?” I ask him.

His face wasn’t mad anymore. “Then why did you act like you didn’t know me?” he said.