Lost and Found

I'm All About You

‘Where is she?’ Joyce kept on asking herself repetitively ever since she got back to the guesthouse and EnEn is nowhere to be found.  Joyce started pacing up and down the tiny room she shared with EnEn as she kept looking back at the ancient looking clock hanging down from the ceiling. It’s nearly midnight and she have not heard or seen EnEn for the whole day. Just when Joyce decides to go out to look for her, she heard the key on the doorknob and she quickly jumped on her bed pretending to do her work on her computer.

 

“Oh hey, you’re back.” Joyce greeted her casually. “Have you eaten?”

 

EnEn quietly shook her head. “Nah, I’m not hungry.”

 

“OH.MY.GOD. what happen to you?” Joyce walked over to EnEn’s bed. “Did a hurricane just went past you?” Joyce giggled.

 

EnEn giggled, “Looks like it.”

 

“Well I know exactly what you need! A nice warm shower and a good night sleep!” Joyce ushered her into the bathroom. She then walks over to EnEn’s bed picking up her cracked up spectacles and examining it carefully. ‘What exactly happen to you?’ Questions start forming in Joyce’s head but she doesn’t feel that it is the right time to probe into the issue. EnEn’s trip to Korea has not been a pleasant one up to date. She has not been able to get anywhere close to what she came here for.  

 

‘En, why not we drop by the spectacle shop tomorrow to get you a new one?” Joyce says aloud before putting the spectacle back to its place.

 

EnEn came out with a towel over her wet hair, “Huh?” She asked before jumping into her bed. “Oh that? Don’t worry about it. I can see perfectly fine during the day. I’m not in a hurry to get a replacement.” EnEn start looking around her bed.

 

“What are you looking for?” Joyce asked.

 

“My DongHo… Did you see it anywhere?” EnEn started digging her luggage.

 

“Your iPhone?” Joyce asked knowing that EnEn had named her iPhone ‘DongHo’. “Nope! You only came back with DongHo’s picture and a broken spectacle.”

 

“Great...” EnEn mumbled. “That was my only access to DongHo’s updates at the moment.”

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ Point of View:

 

Everyone was fast asleep. I have been tossing and turning but, I was nowhere near the gate flight to dreamland. There are a lot of thoughts in my mind ever since DongHo came back from whatever marathon race he disappeared to. I soon gave up on trying to sleep and shot up from my bed and that was when I saw DongHo sitting at the other end of the room starring at the envelope he had brought back earlier. What is so special about that fan letter? It must be a letter from a fan, DongHo brought back a whole lot of things earlier saying that it was from his fans (I honest believe there’s only one)

 

This is weird, it’s been a very long while since DongHo read any of his fan letters. He normally chucked them aside as soon as he received them.  That letter must have stirred up our maknae’s curiosity somehow. To my astonishment, DongHo carefully unsealed the envelope to read its contents. After a while, he folded the letter and place I back in the envelope. He reaches out for the blue scarf and embracing it. Then he grab the unicorn looking pillow and walked towards his bed as he gets ready to sleep.

 

When I saw DongHo running off earlier, it really seems like he wanted to run to the end of the earth. And I did for a moment believe that there’s a possibility of him not coming back tonight but he did with a totally change attitude. He was more relaxed when he came back and even suggested that we took selca together. Like, when was the last time he voluntarily wants to have a picture taken with us? It’s been ages! And the weirdest part of it all is, he was wearing a thick blue scarf around his neck like hello, it’s June! Ok, fine, it’s been raining the past few days and it’s kind of cold at night and I know that DongHo tolerance for cold temperature is very low. But a scarf meant for winter? I mean COME ON! Did DongHo knocked his head while he was out? Maybe that explains his weird behavior?

 

DongHo Point of View:

I heard footsteps coming closer; I turned around and saw AJ hyung.

 

“AJ hyung?” I called and the atmosphere kind of got a little uncomfortable.

 

“Errr... hyung... I believe that belongs to me?” I reached out to get the letter back when my unicorn pillow fell off the bed.

 

I heard a loud tud. I looked down to find a mobile phone. “Is that yours hyung?” I asked and AJ hyung shook his head. I seize the letter off AJ hyung hands before bending down to pick both the unicorn pillow and the mobile off the floor. 

 

“AJ hyung, Good night.” I said before turning to the other side of the bed.

 

“Mian (Sorry), I was curious about the letter...” AJ hyung tries to explain.

 

“Guenchanayo (It’s ok).” I replied waving my hands. “Good night.”

 

I was more curious about the phone than the reason why AJ hyung been sneaking around my things. A few moments later, I peak back to make sure the coast is clear before taking out the mobile phone again. It’s a white iPhone 5! When I clicked on the home button, my selca appears. I remembered this one… a fan tweeted me at the beginning of the year asking if I gotten an iPhone because she was in a mist of changing phone and this is what I twitted a selca with my shiny black iPhone 5! I slide it and to my surprised, the phone is not locked. WOO! Who on earth won’t set a phone lock to their mobile?! I really shouldn’t be doing this but curiosity got the best of me. I sat up and spend the whole night journeying through her mobile.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

EnEn literally jumped out of bed and start ransacking her luggage. ‘Where’s my red fluffy poofed up dress?’ Finally she pulled out a nicely wrapped clear bag that has her favorite Lolita-ish dress. ‘Uh huh! There it is!’ She smiles to herself before declaring ownership of the shower room. “I’m going in the shower first!”

 

Joyce stretch her arms out before rubbing her eyes as she try to figure out what EnEn had announced. “Ok…” Joyce replied still half awake. She barely had any sleep last night because EnEn was under the sheets sobbing. Although it was muffled by the blanket, it really gets Joyce wondering what had happened the night before.

 

“TA-DA!” EnEn opened the opaque glass door. “I’m all dressed! What do you think?” She started twirling around modelling for Joyce to see.

 

“EnEn, 1 question. Did you pack your whole wardrobe to Seoul?” Joyce sticks out the tongue playfully at her and giggled. 

 

“Well of course! Fashion parade in Seoul!” EnEn giggled. “It’s a masquerade~ a love parade~ so won’t you stay~ and dance with me~” EnEn sang one of songs from the Backstreet Boys while putting her make up on.

 

“Well, it looks a little over the top but hey, that’s the whole concept of Lolita! So yeah, you look sweet.” Joyce smile before heading in the showers.

 

3hours later:

 

“Come on Joyce! Can you be a little faster?! It’s already 3pm. Did you see any tourists starting their day at 3 pm?” EnEn bounced around near the door of the guesthouse. She is trying her best not to show how nervous she was about attending the UKISS event later in the evening. ‘What if things fail again?’ EnEn had been trying to go to all the events UKISS held the past weeks but she had yet succeed getting in.

 

“Celebrities always go on celebrity time. Do you see any celebrities starting their day early in the morning?” Joyce gave EnEn a sheepish smile as she slips her sunglasses on.  

 

“Speaking of which, you are dressed up like a celebrity today! Let’s take a selca, I want to post it on twitter!” EnEn start searching all over her handbag as they walk out of the guesthouse. “AH! I lost my dongho… we can’t take selca without it…”

 

“I have mine!” Joyce took out her mobile, looking totally smashing with the new Super Junior iPhone cover she just bought the other day. “Let’s take a Selca and I’ll tag you on twitter.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

DongHo was staring at the white iPhone 5 which was coated with a cute pink rabbit design which he place side by side to his shimmering black iPhone. He is still trying to digest all the things he had learnt about her. ‘How can a person’s life only evolve around me when I don’t even know of her existence?’ DongHo had stopped believing in fans declaring undying love for him for the longest time because he learns that in the music industry, there is no fan(s) that would solely evolve their world in just one artist and their love is forever changing. But this girl EnEn, seems to sincerely only care about him. Her words kept replaying in his head.

 

 “To others he may be an artist, a super star but to me, he is everything. He is my average boy next door, someone I could relate to..."

 

“Average idols have to be perfect in their fans eyes but he is not in mine. DongHo is full of flaws, full of nonsense, but he’s the only reason for my smiles…”

 

“His smiles are getting lesser and lesser as the days gone by… I wish there is some ways to bring it back…”

 

“Yes, he is arrogant, boastful, and when he acts cute I know that it’s pure 100% acting, he doesn’t like to be called cute at all in anyways but because he’s all that, my feelings grew.”

 

“I wish for his happiness… I wish for his smiles… “

 

“He stopped tweeting since last 3 months and it got me really worried... But if that’s the only way for him to get time away from fans expectations… I’ll just wait for him patiently. ”

 

Even though EnEn calls DongHo her Prince, deep inside, she doesn’t have expectations of him being perfect like princes in fairy-tales. EnEn embraces the fact that DongHo is not perfect. DongHo’s deep thoughts were interrupted when a twitter notification came in EnEn’s iPhone. DongHo slide the lock to see what it’s about. Someone just tags a selca of EnEn with the caption “Let’s wish this babo EnEn all the luck in the world to get to her Prince DongHo on her last night in Seoul people!!”

 

“She’s coming for the event later?” DongHo mumbled to himself. ”WHAT?!” DongHo shot up from his seat sending his glass of milk flying towards AJ.

 

“Hey watch it DongDong!” AJ manage to catch the glass before it hit the floor but he ended up with milk all over his pants.

 

“SHE’S GOING LATER!!” DongHo ignored AJ and started pacing up and down. “UH HUH! I need to find something nice to wear!” DongHo grabbed the mobile phones and walked into the room. DongHo stood in front of his wardrobe for a long time contemplating if he should look smartly adorable for EnEn. ‘Ermm, think of it as a fan service DongHo, it’s her last night in Seoul afterall.’ DongHo convinced himself.

 

A few hours later at the event venue:

 

AJ’s Point of View:

 

DongHo looked nervous ever since he read a message from the white iPhone earlier. I wonder whose phone it was. It definitely wasn’t his. DongHo took extra efforts with the way he look today from head to toe. He paid attention to every details of the events tonight too which normally, he wouldn’t. Now, he had been stuck to the window that’s facing the entrance.

 

“Where is she?” I could hear DongHo mumbled to himself as he looked down as if trying to spot someone. Who?

 

Eli walked past and handed me a can of redbull. “What’s up with our maknae AJ?”

 

“Thanks” I said as I took a sip. “I have no idea, why don’t you ask him?”

 

Eli walked towards DongHo, “DongDong, all the fans have gone in, it’s about time we have to get ready. Let’s go!”

 

“Ne Hyung, you go ahead, I’ll be right there.” DongHo tries to slips away from Eli. “OH, HYUNG, HYUNG, HYUNG!! Look, I think our 2 fans there having difficulty at the entrance. Do you think we can send someone over so they’ll able to come in?” DongHo looked at Eli with puppy eyed expression.

 

WOO, that expression is a BONUS! I could tell that Eli didn’t see that one coming, he was speechless. DongHo have totally stopped aeygo-ing his way towards us ages ago but he’s doing it now. These two girls are definitely, totally worth bringing in. “Alright DongDong, I’ll send someone to get them in.” I finally step in.

 

“Really AJ hyung? Thank you!” DongHo hugged me. Wow, yet another bonus of the day.

 

“But AJ that’s against the rule man!” Eli retorted.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. “Let’s just YOLO this time around.” I gave the cutest kitty smile that never fails to make things work my way.