Chapter One.

I Can Hear Your Voice: Jang Hye Yun

I don't own I Can Hear Your Voice.

 

My sister has the weirdest apartment ever. It's up high. Why are there three pairs of boy shoes? That's just odd. Does she have a boyfriend with two sons? Probably not. She has too much of a temper. 

I set my bags on the very dirtied counter and tsked. I'll clean up before she comes home. Why is she such a pig? She's a freaking lawyer. Shouldn't she know how to be neat? How is she going to win a case, if she can't keep track of anything? Aigoo. 

Oh my God. There's another occupied room. It's all boys clothes. What is this? Does she have a move-in boyfriend? Ho ho ho. My sister is a sly fox. That's why she declined Mom's blind date with the sauna boy. I'm going to have to about this. 

I wonder what I want to eat for dinner. Ew. What is that...is that a sock? It has stains. EW EW EW. OH MY GOD. WHAT THE FREAK IS THAT?! AH SOMETHING MOVED. 

"AHH!" I screamed jumping onto the couch. The door slammed open revealing a high school boy my age looking worried and out of breath. I screamed again. "W-Who are you?!" I asked, still freaked out by the thing moving. Something touched my toe and I screamed again. "IT'S A SPIDER!" I yelped and ran into my sister's room. I heard a loud whack and peeked my head out. The high school boy was holding a rolled up magazine with a big stain on it. He killed the spider. My hero. 

My sister needs to get rid of the bugs or I'm never moving in here. "Are there any more...bugs?" I asked in a worried voice. I bit my lip and scrunched my eyebrows. He shook his head and laughed. "Don't laugh at me! You'd be scared too, if you had my traumatization!" Who is this dude anyways? 

The door opened again revealing my sister. I bounced out of the room, only to trip on a box on the floor. I fell face first on to the floor. "Hye Yun-ah! Are you alright?" my sister asked dropping everything and running to my aid. She helped me off the floor and looked at the already forming bruise. "That's definitely going to leave a mark. Gum, go get an ice pack," she ordered the high school boy. He immediately went to the fridge and tossed my sister and ice pack.

"I'm alright! I just tripped over your bloody mess!" I yelled and hit her head. 

"Ah!" she exclaimed in shock and rubbed the spot. The tears welled up. Whether is was from the pain or the incident with the spider I don't know?

"If you're going to keep this mess, I'm not moving in!" I shouted, hurt. She looked at me apologetically. "I tried to help you clean, but there was a spider...and I screamed...and the hot high school boy came to my rescue...and then I tripped...you're really bad luck." 

"It's alright. Say, when are you going to move in? I've been waiting for awhile now," my sister asked, after I sat on the couch babying my wound. 

"I'll move in tomorrow, after I get done with my school," I answered. Oh! Gum...or whatever...was wearing the boys' uniform for my school. Cool! I'll know someone at least. 

"I'll show you around, and my name is Park Soo Ha," the high school boy said. It was like he read my mind. Cooler. 

"You can call me Jang Hye Yun~!" I chimed with a smile. That hurt my face so much. "Ya! When I come home tomorrow, this apartment better be spotless!" I yelled at my sister and threw a pillow at her head. 

"Fine, I'll clean up," she huffed, drinking some water. I smiled triumphantly. 

Maybe now I won't be so alone. 

 

"This is our classroom. Why we got in the same class together, must be fate," Soo Ha stated and let me in to the classroom first. What a gentleman. 

"Teacher~! My name is Jang Hye Yun. I'm the transfer student," I stated. The teacher huffed and took my papers.

"You can sit where ever," he said dismissively. What a crappy teacher. I hope he teaches well. I'm not going through high school again for a boring school year. 

"You can sit by me. I have an empty seat," Soo Ha stated going back. Um...the seat next to him wasn't very empty. It was actually full of fabulous girl with fabulous nails. "Seung Bin, move."

"She doesn't have to move. If it's her seat let her stay," I replied occupying the empty seat in front of him. He sighed but let it slide. 

"My name is Go Seung Bin, what about you?" the fabulous girl asked.

"My name is Jang Hye Yun, and I'm younger than you so you can talk to me without honorifics," I answered with a polite smile. I like this girl already. 

"How did you know that I was older than you?" she asked.

"I skipped a grade," I answered organizing my notebook. 

"You must be smart!" she exclaimed. 

"A little. I want to be a prosecutor when I'm older. My older sister is a public defender, so I learned a bit of law. Plus, I want to deem whether someone is bad or good," I said with a little bit extra. 

"Seung Bin had Lawyer Jjang as a lawyer," Soo Ha said absentmindedly. 

"You had my sister for a lawyer? What did you do?" I asked suddenly interested.

"I was framed for pushing someone out of a window," she muttered. Interesting. 

 

"I'll be inside grabbing my stuff, wait here," I took Soo Ha and entered my mom's apartment. When I entered my room I saw that my stuff had already been packed into boxes. Mom must really want me gone. Something touched my shoulder and I turned around. Something flashed inside the closet and I screamed dropping on to my knees. Soo Ha burst in to the room, saw me on the floor, and ripped open the closet doors. 

On a stool from my mother's chicken shop was a camera. The flash went off again and Soo Ha snatched the camera up and threw it in to the living room. "It's alright. You're okay," he said wiping away my tears. I didn't even realize my tears. 

Why would someone put a camera in my closet? It's just like what happened at school. Please tell me they didn't find out where I live now. I don't want to be bullied anymore. Make it stop. 

You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back. Where there is love, I'll be there. I'll reach out my hand to you, I'll have faith in all you do. Just call my name and I'll be there. A ringtone? From what? There's no one in the house but Soo Ha and me. Soo Ha burst out of the room in search for the sudden noise and just left me on the floor shaking and sobbing. 

A slight scuffle of a foot sounded near my bed and I looked up and screamed. THERE'S A FREAKING MAN IN MY MOM'S APARTMENT. He gave me a smile and jumped out the window just as Soo Ha came back in to the room holding a flip phone. He was about to jump out the window after the intruder but I latched on to his leg. 

"Please don't leave me alone," I begged in a small voice. He looked out the window in anger but looked back at me with a comforting gaze. He picked me up princess style and carried me to the living room, set me on the couch, and called 119. 

Ten minutes later the police came through the opened door. When Soo Ha came through the door he opened it so hard, the knob made a hole in the wall and it just stayed propped open. 

"Park Soo Ha! Are you making trouble again?" the cop asked accusingly. 

"He's back. I told you! Min Joon Kook broke into the apartment and took candid photos of Hye Yun!" Soo Ha yelled enraged pointing to me. I looked up at the cops with a tear stained face. Soo Ha handed the camera to the cops and they looked at the pictures. I haven't even seen them yet.

"You can't prove it's Min Joon Kook. He's a good citizen, why would he attack a high school girl?" the police man asked. Who's Min Joon Kook? The name sounds kind of familiar. 

 

'I'll KILL YOU!' the murderer yelled lunging for my sister but grabbing me instead. He threw his weight on to my eight year old body and clasped his hands around my neck. I could almost see stars as the guards pulled him away from me. 'YOU JUST WAIT YOU LITTLE BRATS! WHEN I GET OUT OF JAIL I'LL KILL YOU!' 

 

His name was Min Joon Kook.