To Come Back

2nd Confession
In order to finish such a large order, Suhyun didn't have a choice but to pull an all nighter just to prepare for the wedding order. She didn't have many hands to help so it was just her and Kyungsoo. 
 
The cupcakes were baked the day before, allowing it enough time to cool thoroughly before they added the icing and decorations. She took pride in her work paying close attention to details and made sure that everything was done properly. Everything had to be done perfectly especially since it was a wedding cake and weddings cakes are usually on display in front of all the guests. After four hours of undisturbed work, the cupcakes was finally completed. She had put the individual cupcakes onto a stand ready for Kyungsoo to make the delivery. They did their deliveries personally as she didn't trust other people to deliver her hard work. She would usually make the deliveries personally but this was a larger than usual order and she didn't have the strength to carry it. Also, she didn't want to appear at Kris' wedding especially after what they've been through. 
 
She didn't have much to do at her cafe. Aside for a few customers here and there, it was pretty much quiet the whole day. She liked the quiet but ever since Kris came to her cafe a few days ago, her mind hasn't been quiet about it. She tried her best to move on the past year. You can say she has been rather successful in doing so but there'll always be a part of her that wonders what went wrong that they ended up like this. Especially after his unannounced visit to her house, she couldn't help thinking what was the reason behind him having to get married. Surely he wasn't facing any trouble at work right? She sighed. What was the point of thinking about him anyway? It definitely won't change anything. 
 
An hour passed and Kyungsoo returned with news about the wedding. It was a private wedding with only close friends and family. Suhyun just nodded as if she was interested in finding out what the wedding was like. She couldn't blame Kyungsoo for updating her as he didn't know about her past with Kris. Now that Kyungsoo was back, she could resume to baking while Kyungsoo managed the shop front. 
 
Kris checked his watch again. He was on the way to the airport to leave for his honeymoon but he had to stop by Suhyun's cafe to settle the bill for the wedding cupcakes. He had wanted to pay her at his wedding but he was too busy to have noticed if she came or not. After failing to see her at the wedding, he decided he should clear his debt before officially starting his married life. 
 
He cooly walked into the cafe with his shades. Of course, Suhyun wasn't too happy to see him. She was arranging her fridge display when he walked in. She cleaned her hands on her apron and walked out from behind the counter. "What brings you here? Right after your wedding? Shouldn't you be going on your honeymoon?" She watched her tone as customers were around. 
 
He took off his shades swiftly and held out the cheque. "I came to pay you for your services. I was too busy at the wedding to pay you then." 
 
"I didn't go, Kyungsoo did. But thank you for coming down personally to do this." She added, sarcastically. 
 
"Well, it's the least I could do as the order was probably your largest one yet." He smirked, leaving out the fact that he actually just simply wanted to see her for the last time. 
 
"Well, like you mentioned before, it's an order I can't help but accept. So thank you for choosing our cafe." She bowed slightly, hoping he would just leave. His presence just made her realize that everything she's worked hard for can collapse in just a few seconds. 
 
At that moment, loud cries came from back room beside the kitchen. Kyungsoo ran out carrying a baby. "The baby woke up." He informed with his eyes opened wide. 
 
Suhyun rushed over and took the baby from Kyungsoo. "I'll take it from here. Don't worry." She gently rocked the baby as the baby calmed down slowly in her arms. "It's okay, omma is here." 
 
Kris stood there dumbfounded, staring at Suhyun and the baby. The baby has calmed down and Kris stared at the baby's face. The baby was indeed adorable. Suhyun has never mentioned that she became a mother. But of course, why would she mention something like this to him; her ex boyfriend. He silently left the cafe and made his way to the airport. 
 
He stood at the departure gate, once again checking his watch for the time. If his new bride didn't show up in another ten minutes, they would miss their flight. At that moment, he received a text. "Kris, if you would have realized by now, this marriage was just a cover. A cover for me to appease my parents and then run away with my boyfriend. As for the honeymoon, you can still go on your own if you want. I wish you a happy life." He threw his phone to the ground immediately after reading the text. 
 

Posted 5th January 2014