Proposal

Falling In Love.

Himchan glared at the woman who struck him across the face. Almost everyone at the country club stopped to watch this confrontation. In the corner of his eye, he could easily spot Daehyun smirking at the scene in front of him. 'Aish, what have I done now...'

"Who do you think you are?!" The red-faced woman who was apparently named "Bomi," grabbed pieces of her hair in rage. "I welcomed you into my home and here you are with another woman!"

He shook his head, rolling his eyes at the screeching lady. He hardly remembered her; he wasn't even with her last week or the week before. 'Ah, Bomi!' Himchan was with her some time during the beginning of the month and he never visited or called back like he promised he would. The other girl who he brought as his date today was in the bathroom, she scurried away as Bomi tossed her strawberry smoothie on her.

"I can't believe that you would do this to me!" Bomi cried out, her voice cracking as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Bomi, Bomi. Stop crying, that was my sister!" Himchan smoothly lied, continuing to add more to it. "I haven't seen her in months, and you're already throwing drinks at her! The worst part is that you don't trust me, accusing me of cheating! Do you really think that low of me?"

Bomi stood still with a shocked expression, her hand covering . "I'm so sorry, oppa. I had no idea!"

Himchan scoffed, "You should have just asked me who that woman was, instead of making a scene."

"I—I didn't realize! I just couldn't handle the thought of you replacing me..." Bomi had stopped crying, wiping away her excess tears.

Yongguk was clearly disproving his best friend's lies and the way he turned this all on Bomi. Luckily, Jongup hadn't said a word about Himchan's date since he was the most likely to inform people whenever someone made a false statement. Daehyun sipped his coffee happily, having food and being entertained by Himchan's angry encounter was already starting off his morning in a good way. Junhong (also known as Zelo) sighed, how long was Himchan going to continue to act like this? It was so exhausting, keeping up with his lies and trying to calm down a bunch of angry ladies that found out how he really was.

"Bomi, you have to trust me! I won't just leave you like that. How about I stop by your place tonight?" Himchan sweetly replied, smoothing out the random strands of hair that stuck out.

She hugged him, tightly embracing him. Himchan gave his friends a thumb's up behind her back while responding to the hug. "I'm sorry, oppa. You never told me you had a sister..."

Himchan tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear, "You should get going now. My sister wanted me to drive her around town."

"Can I come?" Bomi pleaded, clutching her hands together.

"I don't think that she would be happy with you around... Since you threw her drink at her and everything."

"Oh, I see." She tried her best to keep her composure, feeling offended at his statement. "Well, I should get going then."

"Yup, see you later." Himchan unwrapped her arms from him in a rush, waving her off. Watching her leave slowly, Himchan grinned, content with getting her out of this place. His smiled diminished as most of the people sitting at the table were frowning; Yongguk and Zelo to be exact.

"What?" Himchan exclaimed innocently. In his opinion, he didn't do anything wrong. All he did was just tell a little white lie to calm someone down. It wasn't like he was ever going to see her again.

"You shouldn't treat a woman like that. It's wrong." Yongguk evidently informed him. Zelo agreed with Yongguk, nodding his head fervently, only to be shushed by Himchan.

"It's not like I'm doing anything bad. It's not like I'm going to show up anyway." Himchan protested.

"Just try to tone it down a bit. People are hurting because of you. I know that you, Kim Himchan, have a heart." Yongguk tried to convince him, hoping that what he said would get through to Himchan. Leaning back in his chair, Yongguk took a sip from his Americano.

Youngjae joined the group, slinging his man bag on the back of his chair before taking a seat.

"No! You can't sit here." Daehyun declared at the recent arrival, who was sitting next to him.

"Why?" Youngjae throwing his arms up in the air in a bewildered state. As soon as he sat down, Daehyun decided to start another argument. Like always, they were about the stupidest things, like who deserved to get the last piece of cheesecake or who was handsomer.

"You said that I wasn't your best friend. You don't deserve to sit with someone as flawless as me." Daehyun shooed him away, crossing his arms.

Youngjae cursed under his breath in disbelief, "I can't believe this." He roughly moved his chair to sit next to Jongup.

Himchan's date, Gayoon, finally got out of the restroom; with a big, obvious pink stain on her cream-colored blouse. "Aish, that psychotic woman! Look at this!" Gayoon shouted. "Who was she, oppa?"

Trying very hard to hold in his laughter, Himchan bit his lip and shrugged. "I don't know! She just walked on over here and got in my face, thinking I was her boyfriend. Geez, talk about psychotic." Adding a shocked look to his lie, the scene today reminded him of that lady back at the coffee shop. If only he could meet her again...

Gayoon sneered at the male in front of her, not knowing if she should buy what he was saying. "Yeah, whatever you say." Rolling her eyes, she sat down next to Himchan; scooting her chair a few inches away from him.

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that! I swear. I don't know her!" Himchan placed his hand over his heart, trying to persuade her. "What do I have to do to prove this to you?"

"You can take me out again tonight!" Gayoon blurted out.

'God, this woman.' He complained to himself, realizing the ladies he was picking up were getting more and more expensive for his taste. Not that he didn't have enough money left to spend; it was just exhausting to go through the same process over and over again with the same type of person. But like always he agreed, "Sure, sweetie!"

"Oppa~"

"Hmm?"

"Can I go shopping for some new dresses for tonight?" Gayoon leaned towards Himchan to gently whisper in his ear, faking a smile to get her way.

Oh how her cutesy act sickened him, despite wanting to insult her; he gave her consent, sending her off with a kiss. This act was taking too much of his energy, Himchan took a deep breath and gulped down his cup of water. How much longer was he going to go after people like her? How long was he going to continue being this person? Knowing that he wanted to change, a part of him didn't. He had hung on for so long, why give up now? If he was a player, why not be the biggest, baddest one ever?

Yongguk was right, he didn't have a heart. 'Why is Yongguk so deep and emotional?' It annoyed him how Yongguk was always right, meanwhile Himchan would go off doing the exact opposite.

It was time for a change. Slouching in his chair, Himchan pursed his lips. If he didn't want to settle down, then he would go back to his old ways. Satisfied with his proposal, Himchan smiled widely, resembling a bunny in the process.

"What now?" The younger member of the group murmured.

"Is he okay?" Jongup waved his hand in front of Himchan's face, only to have it smacked away rapidly.

"I have an idea." Himchan scratched his head. Where in the world would he find the right girl?

Himchan scooted his chair closer towards the table, explaining his idea. He wasn't expecting some of his friends to laugh, which only made him even more uneasy about his plan.

"I think that's a great idea," Yongguk smiled his usual gummy smile.

"You? And just one girl?" Daehyun countered. "I bet you wouldn't even last a week."

"Really? Do you seriously want to play this game with me?" Himchan scowled, willing to put anything down.

"Oh, you're serious?!" His eyebrows raised, Daehyun clicked his tongue; thinking about what he should gamble on. "Make a lady fall in love with you in a week. No more, no less. She has to be genuinely in love with you, and she can't be another one of your girls."

"How much do you want to wager then?" 

"If I win, I get to take your precious car out for two months. If you win, then—"

"Then I get a share of your company." There was a smug glint in Himchan's eyes, knowing that he had gone too far.

"Ten percent."

"Fifteen."

"Fifteen percent, only if I lose. If I win, I get to keep your car." Daehyun pledged.

"Deal." Himchan stuck out his hand, waiting for Daehyun to confirm their bet.

"Deal." Daehyun shook his hand and slumped back into his seat.

"Isn't this a little too much for a bet?" Youngjae queried.

"Not at all, unless someone's too scared to go along with this." Daehyun proclaimed, the rest of the members groaning in exhaustion at his taunting.

"Please." Himchan sniggered. "I can charm my way out of anything."

"We'll see."

The atmosphere changed back to its friendly state, the guys were telling stories and jokes; enjoying their morning brunch. Himchan was racking up a number of ladies that weren't anything like the girls he dated in the past; which were close to zero. 'How am I going to do this?'

"I have to get going now."

"Why, hyung?" Jongup leaned on his palms, pouting in the lack of clarity.

"I'm not going to spend my entire day with all of you. I have a life, ya know?" Himchan searched the pockets of his coat, looking for his wallet to pay for his meal. His fingers pulled out a black, textured business card. "What is this?" He spoke to himself, tracing the imprinted crest. 'Pretty expensive for a law firm.'

"Lee and Kim LLC?" Yongguk glanced at the card, wondering why his friend would need a lawyer.

Flipping the card around, Himchan read the name out loud; trying to recall where he got this from. "Jeon Hyosung, Receptionist. Lee and Kim LLC." He tapped the edge of the card against the table, only to realize a small coffee stain on it. "Coffee girl." Snapping his fingers, he chuckled at the previous day. 'She was cute.'

"Who was cute?" Youngjae demanded him for an answer.

Just grasping the fact that he wasn't thinking quietly, but talking out his thoughts; Himchan grimaced. "Just this girl I spilled coffee on yesterday."

"Her." Daehyun said, "That's the lady that has to fall in love with you."

"Why?! She probably hates me already."

"Exactly."

"You're such a jerk." Himchan barked back.

Daehyun snatched the card, twirling it between his hands; only for it to land on the table. "It's either this Jeon Hyosung or your car. I don't think she's like all the other girls that you parade around with."

"Obviously she isn't if she had the guts to yell in my face."

"Who wouldn't yell at you? You threw coffee at her!" Zelo fired back.

"Spilled coffee on her." Himchan emphasized. "It was a total accident. It's not my fault she wasn't paying attention."

"Still, I don't care about who threw coffee at whom." Daehyun gazed at Himchan.

"Spilt!" Himchan roared out as he interrupted Daehyun.

"I. Don't. Care. Spilled! Threw! Same thing!" Daehyun took a deep breath, fatigued by all of this arguing. "I'm trying to tell you that it has to be her. Jeon Hyosung. No one else. Don't try to fool me!"

"Fine. Fine. Fine! Besides, how hard could it be?" Himchan snorted.

He picked the business card back up, studying it. 'I guess I'll be seeing you soon... Jeon Hyosung.'

"Just wait."


Author's Notes: Completed 2/27/14. Yay!~ I actually completed this chapter, it seemed like I was working on this for a long time. I'm kind of disappointed with this chapter; it looks like I just threw this together. I took breaks, so it might seem out of place. I usually don't do that much dialogue, since I with that kind of stuff. But oh well. Daehyun seems like a total in this chapter, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep him like this throughout the story. But if Himchan is also an , then should Daehyun be too? (He'll probably stay the same.) There's going to be some HyoChan interaction in the next chapter, keep waiting for that!

Did you guys see the tweet where Youngjae said that Daehyun wasn't his best friend? Whhhyyy?!

I still need to edit this, so you won't read this until the 28th. But I'm writing this in advance... I'm so close to twenty subscribers!~ I'm planning to do this thing on all my stories where if I get 25 subscribers, they'll be a bonus chapter at the end? I'm not sure, but I'll be willing to do it. This story is like 11 chapters long anyways, so why not? Please subscribe, comment, bookmark, put it in your labels and/or upvote!~ Thanks reader's name for reading this, I really appreciate everything. Hope you enjoy! If there's any mistakes please tell me!