Second

You're my bodyguard

“YOU!!” Taemin and Minho said at the same time pointing to each other.

“You guys know each other?” Jonghyun asked as he looked at the two in front of him who looked like they are ready to slaughter each other.

“That’s the idiot careless guy whom I just saved this morning and didn’t even bother to say thank you.” Taemin answered and was so thankful that he don’t have his gun, if he does, this guy will be dead now.

“And you’re the guy who just acting to save someone so you can have a money.” Minho walked towards Taemin and grabbed his collar. “And how dare you call me an idiot and careless. Don’t you—”

Jonghyun pushed Minho away from Taemin and pull the other behind him. “And I am the nice guy who wants you guys to stop acting like wild animals.” He pulled the younger in the couch and asked him to sit down.

“Why are you with that guy Jonghyun?” Minho asked as he walked back to his chair. Still glaring at Taemin who was sitting while his legs was in the center table.

“Because he will be your bodyguard.”

Minho who was about to sit down, stopped in his track after hearing Jonghyun answer. “WHAT!!? That boy is my bodyguard?”

“Excuse me. I am already 25 years old. You cannot call me boy anymore. I can shot real gun, not just some water gun.” Taemin said.

Minho threw a glare at Taemin but the other just rolled his eyes. “Come on Jonghyun. You already know that I am against this stupid bodyguard thing but I still accepted it because I know that it will save my precious life. But I am so disappointed in you. Do you want me to accept that thing to be my bodyguard?” Minho pointed Taemin while looking at Jonghyun.

“What? That thing? How dare you—” Taemin was about to stand up to punch Minho but Jonghyun stopped him.

“Aish, stop it guys. And Minho what is wrong with Taemin.”

“What is wrong? You’re asking me what is wrong with him. Look at him.” Minho turned his head towards Taemin, studying him from head to toe. “Looking at him now is like I am looking at a girl. He looks so skinny, small and weak.”

“YAH!! That’s it. Let me go Jonghyun. Let me kill him with my bear hands and give his head to whoever wants to kill him.” Taemin tried to break away from Jonghyun grip but the other pull him back to his sit.

“Aish!! Stop it..stop it.” Jonghyun wave his hand. “Minho can you calm down. Let’s discuss this in a cool way. Okay?” Jonghyun looked at Taemin and Minho.

Minho sighed and he ring the bell, Key enter the room.

“Do you need something Minho?” Key asked. He didn’t have to address the other in any kind of respect since they are in the same age. Beside Minho said that would be awkward since he is older by month.

“Yes Key. Please bring us something to drink. Just ask Jonghyun and that boy what they want.” Minho said and he knew Taemin glared at him.

Key turned to the two who was sitting in the couch. “Do you want something in particular?”

“I want apple juice. And can you please put lots of sugar there. I like sweet.” Taemin answered and smile at Key who smile at him back.

“And you?” he looked at Jonghyun without the smile in his face.

“You already know what I want since I have been here a couple of times.”

“Sorry. But it’s not my job to remember what you want.”

Taemin chuckled about how Key spoke to Jonghyun.

“Just black coffee and no sugar. I like it strong.”

“So Jonghyun. What comes into your mind getting him as my bodyguard?” Minho asked as soon as Key walk out in the room.

“Because I know that he can protect you. And I know his capabilities, that’s why I can assure you that he can do his job perfectly.” Jonghyun answered and turned his head at Taemin and give him a smile.

“Tsk, but I still can’t bring myself to accept him Jong.” Minho turned to Taemin who was now busy looking at the magazine. Looking at him, while his long bands covering his face and that messy ponytail, he really look like a girl. “My life is already at risk now, intrusting it in that boy’s hand, I am sure that my life span will just get shorten.”

“Minho, you know me. I will not do the things that I am not sure of. me bro. Taemin can protect you.”

“Then let’s do this.” Taemin threw the magazine at the table and place his feet in the top of it. “Let me be your bodyguard for one week. Then if you’re not satisfied then you can just throw me away.”

“Taemin.” Jonghyun turned his head to the other.

Minho smirked. “Do you think you will last in a week?”

“Yes. Of course.” Taemin answered looking straight at the other’s eyes.

“Then okay. Let’s do that. Let’s see if you can handle it.” Minho said before the door opened.

After putting all the drinks in the table, Key headed out in the room.

“Then Minho. One more thing. You cannot tell anyone about this. About Taemin as your bodyguard.”

“Even to Yuri?”

“Even to Yuri.”

“But why?”

“That will just mess everything.”

“Then how should I introduce this boy with Yuri. You know her, she will ask who that boy is.”

“Just tell her that Taemin is your cousin.” Jonghyun said before he raise his cup to take a sip in his coffee.

“Bu—” Minho couldn’t finish what he was about to say when Jonghyun dropped his coffee in the table and was coughing. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re secretary just declare the war.” Jonghyun answered and took Taemin’s handkerchief, which the other offers him.

“What do you mean?”

“Taste it.” He pushed the cup to Minho and the other do the same thing at what he did just now.

“But you said you want strong coffee.” Minho asked while coughing.

“But that is so strong. I wonder how many gram of instant coffee he dissolved in that small cup.”

“What’s wrong with you two, really?” Minho asked because he noticed that this two is really not in good terms since the first day they met.

“I want to know that too.” Jonghyun stood up. “Wait for me here Taemin, I just have to do something.”

“Come back soon hyung, because I can’t promise you that I am not going to kill this person.” Taemin answered before Jonghyun left the room.

 

Key was busy organizing the paper in his drawer that’s why he didn’t notice Jonghyun getting out of the room.

“I think you can still make ten better cup of coffee with that.” Jonghyun put the cup in front of Key, almost throwing it to the other.

“Oh? You didn’t like your strong coffee?” Key asked sarcastically. “How sad. I even put extra effort to make that strong.” He continued while pouting.

Jonghyun leaned at Key and lift his face. “Cute, very cute.” Jonghyun said and smirk. “But I think you can only use that aegyo with your boyfriend.” He let go Key’s face before returning back at Minho’s office.

Key was glared the Jonghyun’s back and if it possible for him to release a fire in his glare, he was sure that Jonghyun was burning in hell now. He picked up the cup and threw the coffee in the sink. He didn’t know what came in his mind for dissolving that fifty grams of instant coffee at Jonghyun’s cup. He sighed and stared to wash the cup. If only that coffee can kill people.

 

 

 

“Since you said that your driver is on leave, Taemin will be your driver.”

“Does he know how to drive?”

“I know, but you might die.” Taemin answered while playing some action game in Minho’s computer.

“Who told you that you can use that?” Minho asked. He was nervous that Taemin might see all those things that was saved in his computer. Those thing that no one was supposed to see except him.

“No one. I just got bored since you guys have been talking for so long.”

“Can you get off my computer?

“Why? Are you worried that I might found some ography here?”

Minho didn’t manage to answer but his face is already showing what Taemin wanted to know.

“Bulls-eye.”

“So Minho, as what I am saying. Let Taemin to be your driver. That’s a good thing too, so that he can be with you anytime.” Jonghyun said to grab Minho’s attention.

“What? All the time? What about my dates with Yuri? Does he have to come with that too?”

“Of course. As what you said a while ago. Your life is already at risk. So Taemin have to watch for you.”

“But—”

“Don’t worry boss. I am not going to disturb your life.” Taemin cut him. “ASSA!” He shouted as he killed the enemy in his game.

“So?” Jonghyun looked Minho after smiling at Taemin’s playful action.

Minho took a surrendering sigh. “Okay. Okay. I think I don’t have a choice, do I?”

“No you don’t have.” Jonghyun stands up and get ready to leave. “And Minho, go home straight for today.”

“What are you talking about? I have a date with Yuri.”

“I am afraid that your killer is just around this area. That accident this morning is kinda suspicious.”

“Why are you overreacting everything? That was just an accident which that boy misunderstood.”

“No Minho. Everything that is happening to you is not an accident. Everything might be plan.” Jonghyun put his bag in his shoulder. “Taemin I leave Minho to you, okay?”

Taemin didn’t answer but just nodded his head.

“Go home okay.” Jonghyun said to Minho before he head out in the room.

 

 

Taemin was impatiently tapping his foot at the floor. It’s already five in the afternoon and it’s time to go home but stupid Minho was still busy in his phone talking to his girlfriend.

“They have been talking for an hour now, are they not losing any topic?” Taemin thought because it is new for him to see people talking in the phone for freaking one hour. For him five minutes in the phone was enough to make his ears burn.

“Yes sweetie. I am so sorry. Okay sure let’s meet some other time.”

Taemin reached his limit. He walked toward Minho and knocked in the table.  “Let’s…go…home..he mouthed.

Minho didn’t answer and just gave Taemin a long glare. “Okay sweetie. Bye. I love you too.” He hanged up. “If you’re so eager to go home why you don’t just leave me?” he asked as he put his papers in his attach case.

“I am you’re bodyguard remember. You are my responsibility so I have to wait for you.”

Minho didn’t bother to say anything and just head out in the office, Taemin followed him.

 

 

Taemin parked the car at Minho’s parking lot. He was so fascinated how big Minho’s house was. It’s almost three times bigger than their house. He followed Minho inside the house and he was right that inside was like a mansion, no, it is already a mansion. The furniture were so elegant and there is a grand piano. He felt a sudden itch in his hands by just looking at the piano. He loved playing that instrument ever since he was a child, he was even sneaking inside the school music room just to play it.

He was busy looking around the house that’s why he didn’t notice that Minho already got back from his room and was already change his clothes.

“Hey boss? Are you living here alone?”

“Yes.”

“Really? Wow. I feel like I will be lost in this house. It’s too big.”

“That’s because you are small. Like a rat.” Minho said before opening the door to the balcony.

“What rat---” He stopped mid-sentence when he saw a suspicious rustling in the bushes. He walked toward Minho and was just right on time when he grabbed the other’s head and let him bent down their body. Then the next thing they heard was a shattering of glasses.

He stood up immediately to look for the criminal but the palace was already quite. He looked around but he didn’t see any suspicious thing.

“What do you think you doing Choi Minho?!” Heshouted at the other.

“What do you mean by that?” Minho asked and he can feel the hint of the shock in his voice.

“You really are careless. How could you just open your balcony like that?”

“Hey Lee Taemin. I am in my house. I know that I am safe here.”

“No you’re not. Everywhere you go, you are not safe.” He said, he picked up the bullet case at the ground that might be in Minho’s body if he was not alert. “You see this? Just one second of me being late to notice that someone was in here. This bullet will be in your body.”

“T-T-That’s a bullet.” Minho said with a shaking voice.

“Yes, t-t-this is a bullet.” He mimicked Minho’s reaction. He put the bullet in his pocket as he observed place again.

“But I didn’t hear any noise.”

“That’s because you’re killer is using a silencer.”

“Silencer?”

“Yes. I was just wondering how he managed to get inside your compound when you have a private code to open your gate.” He think deeply. Minho’s killer might have an access inside the house for him to just brag in there. “Anyway, I have to call Jonghyun and report—”

“B-blood.”

He turned to Minho and he saw how shock the other is. “What blood?”

“Taemin your arm is bleeding!!”

He looked his arm and Minho was right. He was bleeding. He saw a piece of glass that was stuck in his arm. That’s strange. He didn’t feel any pain just before Minho mention it. “That’s okay. It’s just a scratch. I can treat that later. I have to call Jonghyun hyung about this.”

He was about to get his phone in his bag when Minho stopped him. “No you have to treat that first.” He said then dragged him in his room.

 

Minho got out from his bathroom with the first aid kit in his hands. “Give me your arm.”

“I can do that by myself.” Taemin said and was about to get the kit but Minho grab his hands.

“No you don’t. Let me treat it.”

Minho slowly pull out the small piece of glass at Taemin’s arm before putting some antiseptic in the wound. The younger started to flinch because of the pain. He was blowing it, so that the pain will be lessen.

Taemin look at Minho’s face and he know that the other is worried. “I’m okay Minho. Don’t get so worried.”

“Who said that I am worried?” He asked innocently while he was putting the bandages.

The younger jchuckled. And put his attention in his wounds.

“Next time Taemin, don’t use your body just to save me.” He was already finished wrapping Taemin’s arm but he was still holding it and staring at it.

“What are you talking about? Then what the sense of me being your bodyguard I will let you get hurt.”

Minho looked the other’s eyes and Taemin was so sure that Minho started to get scared. Who’s not? When you’re life is at risk.

“Don’t worry Minho. I assure you that no one can hurt or even touch one strand of your hair. They have to walk over my dead body first.” Taemin smiled at the other to lessen his worries.

“Thank you.” Minho mumbled before putting his head down.

“Wow. That was great. You said thank you.”

Minho stood up. “I did not.” He turned around and headed to the bathroom.

Taemin chuckled. Well maybe Minho is not really a bad guy. Maybe they just happened to meet each other in a very bad circumstances. Maybe he will going to enjoy this job. Maybe.

 



hello my lovely readers

^_^

here is the second chapter

how do you guys feel about it?

how's taemin and minho character?

how about key and jonghyun?

do you guys like them?

 

 

anyway, thank you for reading and subscribing

don't just be a silent reader (just like me in the past)

your comments and subsciption will really give me so much happiness and energy

^_^

thank you!!!