Ninth

You're my bodyguard

“Are you ing suspecting me Choi Minho?” Key asked, he was leaning on the door, arms crossed on his chest. His voice was calm, but whoever looking at him knew that he was pissed.

Minho cleared his throat. Between the two of them, he was the president, but right now looking at Key he feels a sudden shiver inside of him. He doesn’t know why, but whenever Key is pissed he felt scared of him. It was always like this ever since they met each other at the university. “N-not really. I am just asking.” He said stuttering. He wanted to kick himself for stuttering.

Key sighed as he looked at the three men inside Minho’s office. It was Sunday and he was supposed to be in his apartment, resting, but Minho called him just because he wanted to ask him if he was the one who was trying to kill him. How stupid. “You know me better than anyone Choi Minho. If I wanted to kill you I have done that a long time ago. I can even do that here in your office.” He said glaring at the other.

“I know. Sorry for suspecting. Don’t blame me, if it’s not because of this kid, I wouldn’t have suspected you. You know.” Minho turned his head towards Taemin.

The youngest laughed. He stood up and walked towards Key. “Sorry hyung. I suspected you.” He said using his cute apologetic face.

Key smile at him as he ruffled his hair. “No problem Taemin.”

“So I think your secretary is out of the picture.” Jonghyun butted in. He raised his back that was leaning on the couch. “We have already checked the car who followed you yesterday and we will get the result tomorrow.” He looked at Key with still suspicion in his eyes. “For now Minho, I think it’s not safe for you to stay here. Your killer is everywhere.”

“What do you mean Hyung?” Minho asked.

“I suggest that you take a break until we found who wanted to kill you. Your case was starting to get serious. They even know your schedules and the places you’re going.” The truth is they already have a suspect just before Minho told about Key. But right now he doesn’t want to give a false information until they are 100 percent sure.

“What? You wanted me to leave?” Minho asked surprisingly. This is not the right time to leave his company.

“Yes Minho. The farther the better. Maybe you can go to America, I’ll asked your dad about that.”

“No hyung. I can’t do that. I have to stay here. We have a big problem here in the company. I have to stay here.”

Jonghyun sighed. He knew it, it is not easy for him to convince Minho, he should have called Mr. Choi first before he suggested it to Minho.

“If you don’t want to leave the country, you should go to any province for now.” Taemin suggested who was now playing on Minho computer.

Minho turned his head towards the younger. “But I don’t any relatives here.”

The younger smirked. “I can bring you to my mother’s hometown. It’s not far from here, but no one will gonna find you there.” He took off his eyes in the computer to look at the younger whose eyebrows were connected. “I think.”

“That’s a great idea.” Jonghyun nodded, then suddenly he remembered something. “Oh yeah Tae, are you sure you’re okay with that?”

“Yeah, sure. That is fine. I wouldn’t suggest that if I am not fine with that right.” Taemin answered sarcastically.

“But you’re only suspended for one month right? Are you not going to work anymore?”

“Ah, about that. I already talked Chief and I asked him that I am going back once this case is solved. So you don’t have to worry anymore. Besides, I am Minho’s bodyguard.” He looked at the elder who was looking at him too. “Right boss?” He asked, smiling.



 

Key who was just looking at the three guy’s busy discussing the plan notice Jonghyun’s face turned sad while looking at the youngest smile. “You stupid. You are the one who put him in that position that’s why you don’t have the right to have that face.” He thought. He cleared his throat as he walked towards Minho and sit beside him. “I think you can consider their suggestion Minho. Your safety is more important that this company.”

“Key. But—”

“Don’t worry. I can handle this company until you get back. And even if you are here you are no used besides your signature. So yeah, you should better leave.” He patted the other’s back. Before he became Minho’s secretary, he was first one of his friends that he met in university and thought they are not like those friends who shared a secret with each other, he and Minho was considered as close friends.

“So Minho?” Jonghyun asked the younger, who was in his deep thought.

“Okay. But Hyung, please move fast and find whoever that bastard is. I can’t leave the company for a long time. Okay?”

“Sure Minho. You can count on me.” When he turned his head towards Key, he caught the younger looking at him. “And don’t worry, I’ll help Key to watch over your company.” He added, smirking.

Key rolled his eyes before he excused himself that he will going to go home now. Just before he opened the door, he made another glimpse at Jonghyun who was still looking at him. He smiled faintly when he figure out what was in his eyes. Suspicion.



 

It's been a week since Minho left Seoul and from that time Key has been busy at the company with all the new problem that was occurring in the business. And he was also starting to get worried to Onew since the other didn’t contact him for almost a week now. The last he talked to him, he said that he was leaving to US for another business trip. After the he didn’t hear anything from him even if how many times he send an email.

He was already in his way home when he noticed that someone was standing in front of his apartment. It didn’t take him a long time to figure out who was standing in there.

“What are you doing here?” He asked when he reached the door of his apartment.

“Nothing. Just paying you a small visit.” Jonghyun answered, watching the other unlocking his apartment. “0.8.2.5 huh?” He mumbled after Key pressed the code of the lock.

“Didn’t you know that it is a bad manner looking for someone else code.” The door was already open, but he still didn’t come inside.

“No.” Jonghyun said, smiling stupidly.

Key sighed. He was tired and he doesn’t have time to play around. “So what do you need from me? Say it fast because I wanted to rest now.” He said, holding the knob of his door.

“Don’t you want to invite me inside?”

“No. I don’t wa—” Just before he can finish his words, Jonghyun pushed the door and invite himself inside. “YAH!”

“Woah. You have a nice home here Key.” Jonghyun looked around and was amazed by the interior of the apartment. It was so clean and neat. But looking at it, you will never suspect that it was a guy who was living there.

Key took a deep breath before he stepped inside his apartment. “Come on Jonghyun. If you want to say something, just say it. I am tired and I wanted to rest now.”

Jonghyun dropped himself on the couch. “Actually, I am here to check on you.”

“What?”

“One of the supposed reason of Minho’s killer is the company. So now that you are the one who was managing it, I am worried that you might be in danger too.” He answered without looking at the other that’s why he didn’t notice Key’s face who just turned red.

He turned around to hide his face. Hearing the other said that was enough for him to blush. He shook his head and calm himself. It was not a good thing to be affected by the other’s words. He was only doing his job. It’s not like he was doing it because he was important to him. And now that he was the one who was responsible for the company, he knew that the other was only keeping he promised to Minho to watch over the company together with him. It’s not like he was protecting him just like what he did in the past.

“I don’t need a bodyguard.” He said with a cold voice. “And besides, aren’t you still suspecting me?”

“Nope, not anymore. I know that you are innocent… Kibum.”

Key turned his head aggressively. “How..how did you know my real name?” There are only several people who knew his real name. His parents, Minho, Onew and that little boy in the past. He never once used it after he changed it to Key three years ago.

“Ah. Sorry, I found this card here inside this magazine.” He showed him the Christmas card that his mother sent him last year.

He felt like he lost all his energy because of the shocked hearing Jonghyun saying his real name. He exhaled the air that he was holding. “Don’t..don’t just call me with that name.”

“Sorry.” Jonghyun said, putting back the card to where he got it.

“Anyway. Is that all you wanted to say? If so thank you. But as what I said. I don’t need a bodyguard.” He walked to the kitchen to get some water.

“Actually, that’ not the only reason why I came here.”

“What do you mean? Do you need something else? Evidence that I am not really Minho’s killer?”

“I told you already. I’m not suspecting you anymore.” He walked towards the younger and looked him straight in the eyes. “You..are you by any chance from Deagu? Are you born there?”

Key felt a sudden rush of his heartbeat. “W-why? Why are you asking?”

Jonghyun nodded while smiling towards the other. “I take that as a yes. Is it by any chance, your house is near the sea shore?”

This time the younger’s eyes got widen while clenching his fist. “How did you know all of that? You—”

“Well, I really don’t intend to look for it, but while I was investigating and studying your profile I accidentally found your background. I already know that your real name is Kim Kibum before I saw that card, I saw it in your profile. I—”

“What really, do you wanted to know Jonghyun?” Key cut the other. He can’t take any longer guessing what the other wanted to know.

The elder sighed. “Okay, I don’t want to bit around the bush anymore.” He got something in his pocket and showed it to the younger. “This is you, right?” He said while showing the picture of the little boy in the picture.

Key wanted to reach the picture, but his hands were shaking. “So what if that boy is me? Is that anything to do abo—” He was cut when Jonghyun suddenly hugged him tightly.

“So it was really you!” He said with excitement in his voice.



Hello!!!!

Gosh, it's been a looong long time since I last updated this story. I have to read it first to remember the plot..kekekeke

Hope you still remember this..^__^
Thank you for reading!!!

And also Thank You SHINeeLove05 for nominating this story for Fanfic award!! I really really do appreciate it!! ^_^