Chapter Seven

Back to December

The smell of deep fried snacks and sweet cotton candy teased Daehyun’s senses. He closed his eyes and inhaled the scent as his mind battled the urge to eat. As tempting as the hot snacks were, his attention was fixed on the photographer in front of him.

“Maybe you should close your mouth... wait. Are you salivating right now?” Hyosung exclaimed when Daehyun had to swallow a few times to prevent saliva from drooling down.

“What? Why would you accuse me of such things?” Daehyun defended himself and slanted his eyes to the side.

Hyosung laughed and placed the camera over her face. “Whatever. Ok, smile! You’re at an amusement park.”

Daehyun did as he was instructed and flashed Hyosung a charming grin. Hyosung instinctively twitched her finger. She knew that it didn’t matter what kind of pose or facial expression Daehyun showed, it would turn out perfect – even if it was one that showed a line of saliva hanging from his chin. He’d make it a trend or something.

“Nice!”Hyosung stated and went back to check her photos. Her head was still down as she spoke, “Did the producer ask for a particular concept? It’s winter and to have a photo shoot at a place like this is quite… unusual.”

Daehyun nodded and walked over to Hyosung so he could see the photos too. He tried to get as close as possible without being intimidating, his taller figure almost fully shielded Hyosung’s small frame. Daehyun leaned his head over and glanced at the previews. He could smell a scent of fresh fruit and it definitely wasn’t from the food stands.

Hyosung could feel his breath ghosting the tip of her nose. He was so close. Heat rushed to Hyosung’s cheeks and she couldn’t move. She only managed to press the right arrow on her camera for the next picture to display. Feeling as if she would erupt like a volcano from the amount of heat she was generating, she forced a step back and kept her camera closer to Daehyun. She could breathe again.

“Oh right answering your earlier question,” Daehyun replied, “the producer said he wanted a theme of warmth. It’s like when you see two people share an umbrella, that kind of feeling.”

“Ahh,” Hyosung said and she pulled herself further away from their close proximity.

“Well, I can’t really do that by myself…” Daehyun said, hinting his intentions.

Hyosung made a face but saw Daehyun’s genuine eyes. Those eyes… she could stare at them all day. Snapping herself away from her brief daydream, she nodded. “So what’s your plan?” 

Daehyun smiled and momentarily stared at the ground. “Do you want to take a picture together?” He quickly looked up and explained, “You know, just to create a warm atmosphere first.”

Hyosung let out a small laugh at his not-so-subtle cover up and tried to remain as calm as possible. “Sure, why not?”

If he was already too close for Hyosung’s comfort zone when he looked at the photos, he was now invading any space between them. He stood behind her, hands on her shoulder and his head lowered until it was level with hers. Heart pumping, Hyosung lifted the camera and turned it to face them.

“Smile!” She cried with an uneven voice.

A satisfying ‘click’ was heard and Hyosung quickly moved away. She should be used to this, considering he was her boyfriend. She didn’t understand why she felt so uncomfortable.

She showed Daehyun the image and his smile couldn’t have been wider. Seeing the two of them in the same photo made his heart race. It was a progressive step, he thought.

Their next photos consisted of fairy-floss sharing, scarf wrapping and temporary hand holding. They spent hours at the park and Daehyun thought it was time to stop and relax for a bit.

“Hey, would you like to go on a ride?” Daehyun suggested, “I think I’m just about prepared. I don’t want to waste this opportunity to relax a little.”

“You mean you don’t want to waste this opportunity to have fun.” Hyosung responded matter-of-factly.

Daehyun flushed and looked embarrassed. That’s not true… I just want to spend more time with you.

“Well it’s starting to get late, which ride do you have in mind?” Hyosung asked as she placed her camera back around her neck.

Daehyun looked up and his hand pointed to a huge metallic wheel in front of them.

“The Ferris-wheel?” Hyosung said in astonishment. Oh wait… this is…

Daehyun nodded and smiled. “I haven’t been on one since I was seven.”

I can’t believe it. Hyosung thought and stood still.

“You alright?” Daehyun asked, “If you don’t want to then it’s fine. Are you scared of high places?”

Hyosung blinked and shook her head. “Ah, no. That’s not… I’m fine. Let’s go.” She breathed out and started walking towards the ride. Wow… I can’t believe I’m going to hear him say this again.

They paid for their ticket and carefully stepped into the large plastic bubble. Daehyun sat across from Hyosung and smiled contently. He was having a good day.

Not long after, the seat started to move and slowly, they were lifted higher and higher above the ground. The winter sun was setting and the city below was tinted with a beautiful peach.

“The view is so nice up here,” Hyosung commented as she gazed out the clear window. Although she told herself not to think about her memories, this moment was a hard one to disregard. She felt a little nervous but tried not to think about it too much. High hopes did have the biggest disappointments.

Daehyun watched as the sunlight brushed her long lashes and took in a deep breath. He’s only been on the Ferris-wheel twice. Once was with his dear sister, and the other... was now.

This feeling of tranquillity was more than enough for him to reach out and take hold of Hyosung’s hands.

Hyosung quickly turned but didn’t retreat her hand from his touch. She watched as Daehyun stared at her with promising eyes. The setting sun reduced the shadows around his face and softened the colour of his skin.

“Hyosung?”

“Yeah…” Hyosung responded, her heart beated rapidly.

“This may sound crazy but whatever I say, please just listen.”

Hyosung nodded and Daehyun took in another deep breath.

“When I first saw you, I thought there was no way I could be attracted to someone so quickly.”

Hyosung’s cheeks became a feverish red.

“I mean I didn’t even know you. I told myself that if I saw you again, I would take the opportunity to ask for your name. Surprisingly, that was sooner than I imagined.” Daehyun paused, “Before I realised it, your name kept repeating inside my head. Your image was the last thing I saw when I fell asleep and the first that popped into my head when I woke up.”

The Ferris-wheel continued to turn and the two were almost at the peak of the ride.

“Hyosung, I think you’re beautiful and I want to know everything about you. I want to be part of the world you live in.” Daehyun lowered his gaze to their hands and lifted them up, “your hands, I want to hold them every second of the day, and your eyes, I don’t think I’ll ever find a time when I would look past them.”

Daehyun shifted and leaned closer.

“And these lips…” his voice was soft. Hyosung could feel his breath on her skin and she didn’t move, she couldn’t.

Instinctively, her eyelids fell.

The seconds she waited once her vision was blocked felt like hours but it was worth it.

When Daehyun saw that she wasn’t going to reject him, he closed the space between them and gently pressed his lips against the girl he thought was gorgeous in every way.

Hyosung’s cheeks burned as Daehyun pulled away and she was sure they were cherry in colour.

Daehyun couldn’t believe he just did that. Clearing his throat, he decided to end it nicely. Not that the kiss wasn’t nice enough.

“Please let me be the man in your life,” he insisted.

Hyosung stared blankly at his words but soon enough her lips curved upwards and she gave a strong nod. “mmh.”

* * * * * *

18th December

So…

Daehyun and I are in a relationship as of today! Ok, well it’s not like I didn’t know this day would come but to be able to experience it for the second time is absolutely incredible. I really need to thank Time for this.

Although I’m really happy, I feel… guilty. Should I tell him the truth? I hate pretending and especially if you’re in a relationship. Secrets will only cause hurt for everyone. But would he believe me if I told him I travelled back to the past? Would anyone believe me? 


Author's Notes

So... HOW IS EVERYONE? ^^ It's been a while since I've updated and I wanted to apologise and say a big THANK YOU for your patience! <3

I am extremely grateful to you all!

On a side note, how was the fluffiness of this chapter? I am actually so terrible at writing romantic scenes... probably due to the fact that I've never been in a relationship... haha *cries*. So I hope I expressed the feelings and mood well even with my lack of romantic experience. >.<

Stay awesome my lovely readers! <3