II

Fit for a Prince

I added a little more to this chapter at the end of it. I'll mark where the new lines start with giant red astricks.

 

    The journey to the abandoned castle had taken almost a week on foot, but it had only taken two days for Luhan to start regretting the idea. He was hungry, a little frightened of what might be out in the woods and could eat him, and he was sure that he blisters on his feet that were beginning to develop blisters of their own. He had been sent with plenty of food, and water to keep him sated for a while, but he had to be mindful of how much he had. It wouldn't have been good to have no one come for months, and run out of food and water while waiting.

    Kris had made sure that everyone knew of Luhan's "capture", making sure that the villagers of Aldmerrow knew it was a fake capture. A fearsome Strix had come and picked Luhan off of his balcony, and flew off to the north, where people have said it has a nest, and is going to feed their poor Prince Luhan to it's babies. It was also spread, also by Kris, that only Princesses can rescue the prince, as the Strix was said to have a power over men.

    Of course, none of it was true. When Luhan had finally made his way to the castle, there was a few spiders that were larger than he was comfortable with, but still small enough to be squashed by his boot. There might have even a fairy or two, but they fled as soon as he stepped foot into the ruin. There was no Strix, or any remotely dangerous creature in the area.

    Luhan sighs as he sets up the room in the castle. He had to be very careful, as pieces of the castle was falling away form the main structure, but the boy had finally found a suitable room, with a window overlooking  a not so far away ocean. It was a nice view, but he hoped he wouldn't be able to enjoy the view for too long. He couldn't leave his kingdom for too long, and the idea of staying longer than a couple of weeks was already beginning to leave him bored.

    The room was nicely furnished, although old and eaten away by bugs, and the humid air of the land. There was still a bed that was not terrible, and a chair that could still support Luhan's meager weight. He pulls the chair over to the window, being as gentle as he can with the fragile chair. The sun was already setting on the seventh day he had been away, and the bed, although not the most comfortable, was beginning to look like the best bed in the world. Tomorrow was going to be a long day, and Luhan's body begged for rest, so he grants it that, laying down, and falling asleep as the last rays of the sun finally died.



    Lightning lit up the room, scaring Luhan out of his sleep. Thunder follows soon after and a small "eep" struggles past Luhan's lips as he pulls the blanket over his head. He hated thunderstorms, and usually had Kris there to comfort him whenever he was at the castle, but here he was alone, in a still unfamiliar area. Even though he'd been in the castle for five days, he didn't venture outside of the room a lot, not wanting to actually get injured and end up dying.

    Another flash of lightning followed by deafening thunder had Luhan ready to cry. Why did there have a be a thunderstorm now? Could it have waited until he had a princess to cling onto? Granted that wouldn't be very manly. He'd settle for having Kris back at this point, not really caring about a princess anymore. He just wanted something familiar.

    The storm had made sure that Luhan didn't go back to sleep, but by the time the sun had reached noon, the storm had been completely blown away.  Luhan was still under his covers, looking out the window, but hoping that sleep would soon take him. He lays there for a bit, tossing and turning in the uncomfortable bed before finally sighing and giving up on getting any more rest.

    As Luhan stretches out his muscles, he glances out toward the ocean. The waves could be seen even from where he was, the storm having angered the it. He smiles at the sight, laying his head on his crossed arms in window.  Maybe storms weren't all bad.  He just wished they weren't so loud. Or maybe instead of loud crashing boom, it was something better, like lute playing. Luhan laughs at the thought of a lute being played whenever lightning would strike and shakes his head at the silly thought.

    Apparently though, one can only look out a window for so long before having memorized the scenery and becoming bored with it.  There was trees, and grass, and the occasional deer or other wildlife, but they never ventured too close to the castle that held the prince. He felt he should be grateful for that, as that meant he didn't have to worry so much about wolves or bears trying to make him a meal, but it would be  something interesting to deal with. Though the more he thought about the fact that he would be easily defeated since he brought no weapons, the more thankful he was that nothing had showed up.

    To the point that he was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to try and attempt to rescue him. Maybe he'd have to fake a daring self rescue from the evil Strix, and return to the kingdom. He hoped not, as then he'd be faced with those useless princesses throwing themselves at his feet to gain his approval, and the pressure to find the right one to marry. Luhan shivers at the thought, turning to rest his back against the wall and letting his head rest on the stone window sill.

    Maybe though a princess would show up. She'd come riding across the fields on a white horse, her sword at her side, ready to slay whatever beast had dared to threaten her prince. She would bust through the weak doors, checking every room, every corner and crevice for the foul being before finally traversing up the stairway to where Luhan would be patiently waiting.

    When the princess see's that Luhan is okay, she would drop her sword in relief, and rush to him, throwing herself in his arms. Then they'd travel back to Aldmerrow together, speaking of their wedding and how wonderful their life would be together.

    The prince smiles as he goes through the daydream, going through different ideas of what the princess would look like. Blonde wavy hair kept in a braid with piercing bright blue eyes, or maybe a fierce red head with deep brown eyes. They'd be tall, but not taller than him, with  a cute little nose, and legs to die for.

    Image after image invades his mind, but soon the changing clouds begin to take over his thoughts, his princess suddenly developing a flower growing on top of her head, or having a bunny tail. Luhan laughs as he mixes the cloud animals with the girls. At one point, he sees a girl with short, rainbow colored hair, and a horses tail, also rainbow colored, but when she opened , and he hears a horse's whinny. At first he laughs at how real the sound is, but when he hears it again, the image disappears, and he almost falls from his chair as he spins around to stick his head out of the window.

    His princess was on her way! He could see the horse, and he laughs loudly at the fact that the horse is white.  Luhan almost waves to the girl, excited beyond logic that someone actually came for him, but then remembers that he was supposed to be captured, and not believing that someone was going to come for him. So he brings himself back into the room and sits beside his window, gazing out at the sea in what he hoped was in a sad or thoughtful manner. A few times, he catches a silly grin plastered on his face, and he has to physically push his cheeks down to stop himself from smiling.

After a few minutes of waiting, the sound of the door being broken echoes through the empty castle, causing a giggle to escape the prince's mouth. He could hear other doors being opened as they searched the castle. It didn't take long for the princess to make her way to the stairway to Luhan, as there was nothing actually in the castle except for Luhan himself.

    He could hear her footsteps, and it made him giddy, almost dancing in his seat, but he composed himself,  barely. Behind him, the door opens, and he can hear the princess panting from running up the stairs. Luhan sits still for a moment, then turns his head to glance at the-

    Luhan's body stiffens in shock at the image before him. He turns in his seat, looking the person up and down a few times before standing from the chair beside the window.

    "You're the one here to rescue me?" Luhan says, disbelief ringing through his voice.

    "Not what you expected?" The person says, their chest rising and falling deeply in an effort to calm their breathing as they sheath their sword.

    Luhan shakes his head dumbly before muttering "No, I expected a girl." The other man gives Luhan a sideway glance before looking at the room itself.

    "So was I." He says, eyes still wandering the room cautiously, as if he still expected something to attack him. "So you're the one that was captured?" He says, crossing his arms over his chest. His eyes held a spark of amusement as he eyed Luhan, and the prince fidgets under the gaze, suddenly aware of how silly he looked.

    "Well, yes..." the boy starts, but then he roughly shakes his head, shoving clentched fists toward the ground by his side. "I mean, no! I came here of my own accord!" He says defensively.  As the other boy laughs, a blush makes it way across Luhan's cheeks. After a moment of listening to the strangers laugh, Luhan turns his back to him, looking out the window. He had seen the scenery a million times already, but anything was better than to stand awkwardly looking at a man he didn't know.

    The prince didn't hear the other man move, but he suddenly had an arm around his waist and a knife at his throat. His heart beat raced, thundering against his ribcage as fear began to flood his thoughts. This person wasn't here to rescue him, this person was here to kill him! Luhan curses his luck, and bad planning of bringing no weapons with him.

    But the blade never moves. Instead, he feels breath against his neck, though it didn't make him feel any better. The stranger is close enough to his ear that he can almost hear the smirk on his face. "Should you really turn your back on someone you don't know, Luhan?" the man whispers, bringing the blade closer only after he spoke. Luhan brought his head back farther, trying to get his neck as far away from the knife as possible, but the space between his body and his capture's was almost nonexistant.

    Suddenly, Luhan's brain becomes overly aware of every detail. He could hear the heartbeat of the man behind him, he could feel the sweat beading and running down his neck and back, and even worse, he could feel the muscles of the man he was unwillingly pressed against. He mentally kicks himself for noticing something like that.

    The man behind him suddenly releases him, placing the knife back into its designated place before raising his hands to Luhan. "You're not used to combat, are you?" He says, placing his hands on his hips and almost laughing at the blonde boy in front of him. Luhan rubs his neck, sure that he could still feel the blade pressed against it.

    "I'm used to battle." He says, his eyes narrowing. "But not from a person who was supposedly here to rescue me." Without taking his eyes from the figure, Luhan back up a little, putting more space between the two of them.

    Silence falls between the two men, though the older man never lets the stranger out of sight. Luhan's eyes follow him as he goes to look out the window, taking the seat that Luhan had just recently occupied.  *******  He sits there, seemingly uncaring of the hole that Luhan is burning into him with his gaze, and it almost frustrates the prince. Finally, with a smile, the stranger turns to Luhan, still unfazed by his glare.

    "So, why are you up here?" He asks, then he gesters out of the window at the peaceful scenery. "There is obviously nothing here to keep you captive, as was the word on the street." Luhan wrinkles his nose at the question, wondering if he should honor the man with an answer.  Luhan looks the stranger up and down a few times, before deciding not to answer him, but instead ask a question of his own.

    "Who are you?" He says, narrowing his eyes a little, almost in an attempt to be intimidating, but he was sure that he wasn't, judging from the smile that only grew wder on the strangers face. It was an annoying thing, that smile, but Luhan couldn't help bu be drawn in by it.

    The man gets up, placing his hands on his hips, and turning around. Luhan raises an eyebrow at his actions, but just rolls his eyes as silence falls between them. Seconds pass, and soon the prince becomes impatient, and stands and takes a step foward, getting ready to demand an answer

    But just as Luhan stands, the man in front of him spins around to face him, but with Luhan's step, they collide, knocking the prince off balence enough to go tumbling, but the landing doesn't come. Instead, a strong arm is wrapped around his waist, bringing against the same body as before. Luhan takes  few breaths before looking up, and into darkened honey eyes. He stares for a moment, admiring their depth and beauty, forgetting that the owner of the eyes was a man, and not there to rescue him. Absently, Luhan bites his lip, making the taller man grin.

    "Enjoying the view, Princess?" The man says, the whisper barely making it to Luhan's ears, but when it does, the sound sends chills down his spine. He quickly shakes it off, looking away from the man and attempting to distance himself from the body, but the other is stronger, and holds him there as he speaks. "Since you're obviously so desperate to know," The grin already on his face widens "My name is Sehun."

 

 

 

A/N: So, i was able to turn my computer on, and while I had it on, I wanted to give you guys what I had written down so far. I don't think this is a great place to end a chapter, but just in case I'm never able to turn on my computer again, I wanted to give this to you.

I love you all, and I got so many new subscribers :D

Comments are love, but i love my silent readers too. :)

Wish me luck with my computer.

 

After a bit of brainstorming with a friend, I have a couple of ideas of what is going to happen. Thank you to the one that gave a suggestion for the story as well. :) It was very much appreciated! But I hope you enjoy the little bit I added. Hopefully another update will be ready within a few days.  Love you all.

XOXO