III

Fit for a Prince

    "My name is Sehun." The man, now Sehun, lets his eyes wander over Luhan's face, who now has a blush across his cheeks.

    "I'm not a princess." Luhan says defiantly, attempting again, successfully, to pry himself from his would-be rescuer. "I am able to take care of myself." At this, the other man raises an eyebrow and nods.

    "Whatever you say Princess."

    Luhan turns to the man, about to issue a challenge to prove, but quickly shuts his mouth as he remembers this weaponless state. A laugh is heard from Sehun as he begins to shuffle around the room. "So, you never answered me, Princess." He says. "Why are you here?"

    "None of your business." Luhan tells him, blush still apparent on his cheeks. Sehun laughs slightly at it before shrugging, showing he didn't care if he got the answer or not, and this seems to rile Luhan even more. "You come here, threaten me, and then ask questions that you don't care about?" At the annoyance in the boy's voice, Sehun turns to look at him, slight shock evident in his eyes. "You know what, just leave. I've grown tired of your company." The brunette lays down on the bed, hands behind his head, legs crossed at the ankles.

    Honestly, he didn't want this Sehun person to leave, it was nice to have someone to talk to, especially after having only himself for company for nearly two weeks. But something about this Sehun character left him off balance. He could tell he was being odd around him, but he didn't understand why. Not understanding left Luhan feeling uncomfortable around Sehun, though he didn't want to be. Conflicting emotions ran through Luhan's veins as he waited for the other man to leave, and prayed that he didn't. He almost lets out a yell, something to help get rid of these emotions, but he keeps his composure in front of the stranger.

    Sehun doesn't leave though. Instead, he takes the chair at the window again, resting an elbow on his knee as he leans over and looks at Luhan. The boy under observation feels the gaze on him, but physically refuses to meet the mans eyes again.  Sehun laughs at he look of determination in Luhan's face, and leans back in a more relaxed position.

    "I'm not leaving until you do. I have a job to do, and I never leave a job unfinished." He says, a smirk playing across his face as he talks. "So whenever you wish to leave the beast that has you trapped here, let me know, and I'll rescue you from it Princess." Sarcasm laced Sehun's voice, and Luhan didn't miss the knowing look in Sehun's eyes, though he didn't even glance towards the man.

    As a growl escapes the princes throat, he turns over leaving a " you" for Sehun, with the plan of ignoring him until he left.  Behind him he hears fabric rustle, and he tenses. He waits for Sehun to do something, like place a knife against his throat again, but it never comes. Instead, Luhan hears him open and close the door, signaling that Sehun had left. For a moment, Luhan didn't believe that Sehun had left, but as he listens, he hears nothing. No sign of life left in the room other than his own.

    The fact that Sehun had given up so easily caused a frown on Luhan's face, but what had he expected? For the man to try and force or persuade Luhan to leave with him? Well, yes. In fact he did. But he wasn't really surprised when it didn't happen. Just disappointed. Maybe Sehun hadn't left for good. Maybe he had just left to get something to use as bribery.  

    "Damn it." Luhan says, his eyes closing as he fights off the disappointment rolling in his chest. He sighs slightly before turning over to lay on his other side, using the movement as an excuse to look around the room.

    "Hi there."

    Kneeling in front of the bed, and now face to face with a wide eyed Luhan, was Sehun. He was leaning close enough that Luhan could feel their breaths mingling. A deep blush makes it way onto the prince's cheeks, and Sehun just smiles, his eyes forming neat little resents.

    "Miss me?" The smiling boy asks, holding his head up in his hands, elbows resting on the bed. His grin never leaves his face, even as Luhan makes his way off of the bed. Sehun's gaze follows the boy across the room, turning to face him when his eyes lose sight of him. "I'll accept the 'damn it' as an apologize for telling me to go away.  Seemed like you didn't want me to actually leave." Sehun stands and closes the space between him and the prince easily, wrapping his fingers around Luhan's arms. He feels the boy tense up and a smirk plays across his lips. Leaning in, he whispers "Didn't I say I wouldn't leave without you Princess?"

    Luhan tears himself from the other man's grip, a growl evident on his features. "Well, I'm not leaving with you." The brunette takes  a step forward. "I'd rather leave by myself than have to traverse the land with you." For a moment, a serious look fills Sehun's eyes before another smile forces the look away.  He shrugs and opens his mouth to speak, but a noise interrupts him.

    The pair look to the window, then to each other, mirroring looks of dread as the cry is heard again. Luhan audibly swallows before going to the window to look for the source. Off in the distance a Wyvern makes its way across the landscape, quickly closing in on the ruin. Shock and fear radiate through Luhan as he tries to tell Sehun, but no words make their way out, only random noises and a couple of squeaks. Seeing the state of Luhan, Sehun grabs him, forcing him to sit down as he takes a quick glance out of the window, barely registering what was making it's way toward them before turning his attention back to Luhan, who has begun to speak, at an extreme pace.

    "We have to go, now. That thing will kill us. But we can't outrun it, it flies!" His eyes widen for a second and Sehun drops to his knees in front of the seated boy, taking his face between his hands, forcing Luhan to look at him. "I know I don't know you too well, but I don't want you to get killed. Please just leave. Maybe if you stay in line of the ruin you can get far away enough for it not to notice you. "  Tears begin to fill Luhan's eyes. "I'll distract it for you." Luhan says, and the boy in front of him furrows his eyebrows.  

    Sehun was shocked at the boy's words, and at the dramatic change of the princes demeanor. Was a wyvern really a big enough cause for a fear that great? Or was Luhan just a scaredy cat? He couldn't be a real coward though; Luhan had said he would distract the beast while Sehun got away. That was odd to Sehun, as his line of work generally meant you were on your own, no matter what the circumstances, but Luhan didn't hesitate in his words. The prince was a better person than anyone Sehun had met, and the boy wasn't about to let this kind of person be killed over someone like him.

    "Luhan." He says, rubbing away the tears that had freely fallen from the fearful chocolate eyes. "Luhan, shh." The boy gives a smile to the prince, trying his best to reassure him. "Come on now, I told you twice already, I'm not leaving without you." Sehun gives a one shoulder shrug. "It's just a wyvern. It's not immortal." Luhan sniffs  and looks at Sehun with a flicker of hope in his eyes. "Now come on, if nothing else, we can hide from it for a little bit." After a moment, Luhan nods, allowing himself to be pulled up as the other boy got to his feet.

    Immediately he is pulled into a run and he found it hard to keep up with Sehun. One hand held tightly onto Sehun's, and his other one ran down the wall as they descended. Dizziness started to settle into his mind as they ran down the tower stairs, but just as he thought he was going to fall, Sehun stopped abruptly in front of him. Luhan struggles to find his balance again, and leans his head on the other man's shoulder for a moment.

    "Alright Princess, don't go passing out on me just yet." Sehun says, humor evident in his voice. Luhan groans and resists the urge to hit him. A screech is heard, closer than it was before, and Luhan's head jerks up with a gasp. He hears Sehun let out a soft "damn it" as he pulls Luhan through the ruins.

    Doors are checked, hallways are ran through, but nothing seemed safe. The ruin was crumbling in on itself, and the weight of the two men would surely cause the floor to fall. They stop at an open window in the hall, Luhan catching his breath. Sehun peers out of the opening, glancing about for any sign of the winged beast. No sounds are heard, not even the beating of wings and Sehun almost sighs in relief. Just as he inhales, the ruin shakes, causing the stones to fall around them. Sehun covers his head, expecting the ruin to come down on top of him, but then he hears Luhan cry out.

    He wasn't sure why he even bothered to look at the boy, but all of his training seemed to go out the window beside him when it came to this prince. Sehun looks around quickly, looking for what seemed to be the safest spot. He almost growls when he comes to the realization that nowhere in the ruin was safe. They had to get out of there, and fast, or else the wyvern would be the least of their worries.

    "Come on!" Sehun says, almost yelling at the already frightened boy. Luhan looks up at him confused, but doesn't question him, picking  himself up and following Sehun.

    As the ruin begins to fall, dropping rocks all around them, they zigzag through the hallway, barely missing a few falling pieces of the ruin. Their lungs screamed for air, the fear making it harder to focus, but the adrenaline making up for it and then some, pushing their tired legs to run faster than they thought they could, making jumps that seemed impossible by normal standards, and making the situation seem not as dire as it was. Sehun could feel Luhan near him, keeping up with him, even as Luhan had to dodge more than he did somehow, and for a moment, he was impressed with the Princess.

    A cry is heard from the beast outside, louder than ever, and they knew that it was wyvern that had caused the ruin to collapse around them, maybe even on purpose to drive them out, but as the door came into view, neither one cared about the beast waiting for them. All they cared about was getting outside alive, if only for a little bit. Somewhere in dodging the debre and sprinting for the door, Sehun reaches his hand out to Luhan. Without a second thought, Luhan takes it, and Sehun could swear he saw a smile show itself on the boy's face. Was he enjoying this or something?

    Pushing through the door causes the thought to evaporate in his mind. It didn't matter than the ruin was crumbling, it didn't matter that Luhan had finally smiled, even if it was when they were in the most danger, it didn't matter why he was here in the first place. All that mattered was that they had both gotten out of the ruin alive.

    Sehun smiles for a moment as he lets the sun heat his skin, but the moment is ruined as a shadow blocks the sun, and the wyvern makes it's presence known. Beside him, he could almost hear the growl that Luhan let out, but he doesn't get the chance to even think of what to do as Luhan runs, pulling Sehun along with him by their still linked hands. The horse had somehow not been scared away by the beast. Sehun silently thanks the horse for staying as Luhan climbs on the horse, and roughly pulls the other man up to ride behind him. A blush makes it way across the prince's cheeks as Sehun tightly wraps his arms around his slender waist, but he can't think about it, they still had to get to safety.

    With a jab to the ribs, the horse takes off in a sprint, in a race with the wyvern, to see who would get to their destination first. Would the wyvern catch them, or would they make it to the forest first? The horse was not faster than the winged beast, but Luhan knew how to handle a horse, and as he played "catch me if you can" with the wyvern, Luhan laughs, noting how Sehun tightens his grip on his waist.

    The forest comes into view, and Luhan pushes the horse to go faster. They were almost there

 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry this took so long for me to get out. :( Please forgive me?

While I'm typing this out, I'm going to make it chaptered, but when I get it finished, I'm going to turn it into a oneshot, as that is how this story is supposed to be read. It feels weird trying to find a good stopping point, because there isn't any until the entire thing is done. But, anyhow, here is the third part, and I hope you enjoy it. :)

 

Comments are love, but silent readers are appreciated too.

 

XOXO