Chapter 1

Timeless

 

Chapter 1

Usually most girls would be depressed when they find out their boyfriend has cheated on them. Lizzy wasn't like those girls. She was disappointed but she her mind hasn't dwelled on this. All she could think of is the beautiful blonde that had saved the damsel in distress like in those happily-ever-after cheesy romance movies you would rent from Netflix, several friends crowding around the television with a bag of chips and popcorn to share. Lizzy sighed as she laid against her lavender-scented  queen-sized bed, her eyes fixed against the ceiling. She glanced at the clock and decided it was time to get ready and dressed to work as a waitress at the Pledis Cafe.

***

Nana crossed down fhe last name on her list and tucked it into her utility belt. Straightening her black tank top, she took independant steps in her knee-high black boots across the street and took an elevator towards the depths of hell, literally. She arrived on the surface of the Underworld greeting the 3-headed guard dog, Cerberus, with a smile and entered Hades' Throne Room.

Nana bowed towards the God and spoke in a monotone, "I've released and accompanied the souls you've asked for."

"My ears couldn't ignore the rumors that you've interfered with the Fates."

Nana simply bowed her head in silence as the God of the Underworld had continued, "They will only cause difficulties for you. The Fates are playful spirits that should not be reckoned with.  Since you are under my jurisdiction serving your eternity you might as well make your time here bearable."

"I am not an instrument like everyone calls me Hades."

"But that's all you'll ever be. Your mother has abandoned you and left you here with me who has given you immortality. Be thankful I was kind and the only person who had was willing accept you and raise you."

"I didn't ask for immortality."

"Even if you are to die you would still be stuck in the Underworld anyway."

Nana glared at Hades and turned away, "I'm going to go to the mortal world. Going to infuriate the Fates again, take Cerberus out for a walk, and pick up E-Young from that mortal summer camp you sent her to as punishment."

The blonde hated the Underworld, Olympus, and the mortal world but the mortal world was the better of the three. She disliked her job as "Death's Scissor." She was a servant to her father, Hades.

Nana petted the three heads of Cerberus and commanded, "Change. I'm taking you out for a walk in the mortal world. Just because your the guard dog of the Underworld and the pet dog of Hades doesn't mean you don't need to get sunlight every once in a while."

The black dog had shrunken in tenfolds to a cute black labrador puppy with one head instead of three. Nana placed the dog in it's collar and held it's leash, "Let's go."

Nana's only friend in the Underworld was Cerberus. She had raised him since he was a puppy. Murmers from other souls grew as she walked towards the River of Styx to get to the elevator towards the mortal world.

Death's Scissor or Death's Scythe.

Hades' Cursed Daughter.

Those were the titles that she had been identified as. She was looked down upon although she had rarely caused trouble. People just needed someone to disapprove and degrade. Finally, they arrived to the surface of the mortal world. Nana led Cerberus beside her as they walked through town. Nana glanced to the side and decided to get coffee which was exclusive in the mortal world because dead people can't particularly drink coffee and the Olympians like to drink wine over coffee — Dionysus has the best wine you could ever find. Nana liked the smell of coffee beans, cream, and sugar.

Nana glanced down and grinned when other dogs had cowered in fear from Cerberus when they had passed by. Apparently, you can't fool mortal dogs despite Cerberus' one-headed appearance. She entered Pledis Cafe and spotted a certain red head in a black uniform apron with the cafe's logo and a collared white blouse. Nana hoped to start a friendship with Lizzy because she wanted to protect her. She didn't want Lizzy to die yet.

Lizzy was surprised and nervous to find her blonde haired savior from the day before at the cafe she worked at seated in the corner of the room. Nana had worn black skinny jeans and a simple gray tanktop with her utility belt securing her petite waist, exentuating her modelesque figure. Nana's hair cascaded down her shoulders as she glanced out the window and then rotated her head towards her. Their eyes met and Lizzy was captivated by Nana's charismatic aura. Lizzy walked towards Nana who flashed a charming smile.

"H-hi! Nana right? You saved me yesterday!"

Nana nodded, "Yeah I did. I never got to get your name."

"I'm Lizzy. I've never seen you in town. Are you new?"

Nana answered, "Yeah. I'm not exactly the type of person to settle down."

Lizzy smiled, "I could show you around town if you'd like. It's the least I can do to repay you for your good deed."

The blonde giggled and grinned, "Uh sure I'd like that."

***

My name is Kwon Yuri.

They call me the Black Pearl.

I'm known as bad omen, my sighting is considered danger to those who see me. It's my fate, it's my curse for existing. Someone who sees me ultimately dies or at least will get severly injured. I am the oldest of the Fate Sisters.

Yuri's eyes locked onto her stepsister's presence, several feet away. She continued to follow Nana, waiting for her to notice her so she could strike. Nana  was focused on Lizzy who she had began befriending.

"Nana."

"Hmm?"

"You're older than me by a year so I should call you unie right?"

Nana shook her head and smiled broadly, "You don't have to."

"Wait since you're a ywar older than me you should be going to school!"

Nana nodded, "Yeah I am."

Just then, Nana turned to find a devilish smile on a familiar face. Nana'a elated facial expression quickly evaporated into face of fear and anger. Nana gritted her teeth when the moment Yuri had snapped her fingers. Nana quickly took Lizzy's hand and whispered, "We're in trouble."

Lizzy was about to pull her hand back as anxiety ran through her nerves but she simply tightened her grip. Hellhounds growled as they surrounded the girls. Yuri stood at the sidelines, hoping this would kill Lizzy and injure Nana to teach her a lesson — no one escapes fate.

Nana took out her soul scissor which transformed into a 7-foot scythe. Lizzy gasped as fear overtook her, "W-what is this? What are these things? W-who-"

Nana turned to Cerberus and commanded, "transform. Protect Lizzy at all costs."

Cerberus grew in size and his two other heads have emerged from his body. Cerberus howled and Nana slashed through the Hellhounds with Lizzy behind her. The blonde managed to disingrate every monster, sending them back to the pits of Tartarus. Lizzy was frozen in panic, fear, anxiety, and all emotions inbetween. A hellhound launched towards Lizzy but Nana had outstreched the scythe and killed the monster instantly.

"Are you ok Lizzy?"

Lizzy couldn't speak, her muscles were frozen and tears began to flow uncontrollably. Yuri emerged from the shadows and smiled crudely, "Nana. Consider this as a warning."

"You can't kill me."

Yuri pointed at Lizzy, "We want to kill her. We'll injure you at the least."

Nana glared pistols and knives towards the eldest Fate, "It won't happen."

Yuri shrugged and disappeared in midair. Nana turned to Lizzy who was stared at her with disbelief, "What happend?"

"Lizzy let me explain-"

Lizzy pushed Nana away, "G-get away from me!"

The mortal continued to speak, "I don't know who you really are but ever since I met you the dreams stopped, this happened, and-"

"Wait what dreams?"

"Every single night I had a dream that I would be crossing the street and I would get hit by a car almost like yesterday except-"

"Except I saved you right?"

Lizzy simply nodded as Nana flashed an assuring smile with her hand outstretched towards the later, "Trust me. I saved you twice. I'll tell you who I am, why that happened — I'll explain everything."

***

Uee crawled through vents and pushed aside the metal door, entering the room she had secretly lived in. Covered by drapes and dust, the daughter of Aphrodite tossed her backpack aside as she ran her fingers across the fabric which blanketed the marble statues and paintings. She had been living in a high school for a few months since she has left Olympus, living independently. Uee couldn't rely on Nana, the daughter of Hades, who was also immortal. Nana and Uee weren't on the best of terms and plus Nana would report Uee of her wherabouts.

She disliked her fate, similar to Nana.

The only difference between the two was that Uee had took action to escape completely while Nana had only tried to interact outside her fate.

Uee had taken the bigger step. She had a deal with Circe to conceal her celestial soul. In return, she couldn't turn back to Olympus. The Gods and the Goddesses have sent out search teams for Uee who had been able to evade them.

Uee sighed and zipped herself into her sleeping bag under the tent she had set up.

I can't die.

I want to die.

The children of the gods and the goddesses are cursed with immortality.

We live in a standstill while the rest of the world is aging.

As we are frozen in our steps, the mortals progress past us.

They are able to meet an ending unlike us children of the gods and goddesses.

The torture is timeless and all we are searching for is a way to make things better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Notes:

Hey readers ^^ So as for updating it will take me a while, probably weekly to update. That's how long I usually need to finish a chapter. I am a bit unsure of the plot of the story but I have an image of how the next chapter will be. I might add some SNSD pairings and of course I will add more After School pairings (I love E-Young & Kaeun together but idk how to get them together yet or who they will be in the story). I actually have more fics so I might upload them on AFF. Anyway thank you for reading and commenting ^^ Please continue to support this fic! :)