Prologue

Timeless
It's an endless cycle of torture.
 
Chained to the walls of fate I press on and never look back because my memories become tangled and twisted from the people I've met and the time that has passed.
 
My existence is timeless. 
 
Neither am I alive nor dead.
 
I merely exist.
 
I grabbed the soul scissors from the countertop and placed it in my utility belt that secured my thin waist. I grabbed the scroll of names from the back pocket and released a tedious sigh.
 
Time for work.
 
My eyes drifted down to Earth. 
 
 Poor Lizzy.
 
She always falls in love with the same man who ends up betraying her and matter what time or what reincarnation, she always dies today. 
 
June 26.
 
I want to prove the fate that has been decided since existence can be changed. 
 
I want to die.
 
One day I hope to be able to close my eyes and no longer see the day but  today I hope for Lizzy to pass June 26.
 
 
 
***
 
 
 
Lizzy crossed the street without a clue of what would await her.
 
Death.
 
She was planning to meet up with her boyfriend, Joon.
 
Above the clouds, the Fate sisters snickered to each other as they observed the mortal walk towards the apartment. The youngest of the Fate sisters took out a bowl of popcorn to enjoy the "show." The oldest Fate sibling pulled out her scissors and flashes a twisted grin of excitement, "It's time for this mortal to die again!"
 
Lizzy took eager steps up the stairs and stood at her boyfriend's doorstep with a container of cake she had baked for Joon. Lizzy's long scarlet red hair cascaded down her shoulders. Her bright chocolate eyes gleamed with innocence as her lips arched into a smile. 
"Hyuna?"
 
Lizzy raised an eyebrow the moment she saw the classmate walk up the stairs with her arm wrapped around her boyfriend. Hyuna gasped the moment her eyes laid on the red head. Joon pushed the popular beauty away. Lizzy walked towards Joon and asked, "I thought you had baseball practice?"
 
"I-"
 
Hyuna grinned devilishly as she pushed herself towards Joon, "Your boyfriend isn't into you Lizzy. Get a clue."
 
"What are you talking about?"
 
"Don't you wonder why he's always canceled on you or why he's been avoiding you?"
 
Joon gritted his teeth and shook his head, "Lizzy don't listen to her."
 
Hyuna continued, "He's cheating on you Lizzy! He's been cheating on you for two months already with me!"
 
Teardrops plummeted to the concrete under Lizzy's feet, "Oppa ... is this true?"
 
"I love you Lizzy."
 
Lizzy sped past the couple and headed towards home with a broken heart. She just wanted lay in the comfort of her bed and cry her eyes out. She had loved him and gave him her all. But Joon had been returning his love to someone else. Suddenly, a boisterous sound of a car horn had pierced through her eardrums and time was at a standstill. Lizzy realized she was about to die the moment she had seen a 7-foot truck was inches from her face. Her life flashed before her the at that moment, the Fate's scissor blades alinged and her life has snapped.
 
Or so they had thought.
 
A mysterious blonde swooped down from the heavens at a miraculous speed and carried Lizzy aside.  Lizzy embraced her savior tightly as a wave of overwhelming emotions rushed through her body. Tears streamed down her face from the fact she had barely escaped her death. Somehow words were able to escape from the mortal's lips as she continued to tremble from fear, anxiety, and relief, "W-who are you?"
 
Her savior's glossy bow shaped lips curved into a warm, assuring smile as she introduced herself, "I'm Nana."
 
The Fates had tried to cut Lizzy's string of life but it was no use. The thread had  glowed a vibrant gold which solidified. The youngest Fate asked her older sisters, "What is this? Why can't we kill her?"
 
The second oldest Fate answered and pointed to the scene below them, "That girl is interfering with our fun."
 
"You mean Nana?"
 
"Yeah, Death's Scissor, she's such a goody-two-shoe. I hate her."
 
The younger siblings turned to the oldest, "What do we do?"
 
"Keep trying! We will kill that mortal off no matter what!"