I Just Wanted to Work In Lego World!

Because The Box Wasn't Scary Enough

 


Lay, all dressed up in his suit and tie sat impaitently next to an office door. He needed to make some extra cash so he can buy Chen something nice for his birthday. So, he intended getting a job. But, Lay didn't really like jobs in cubicles, jobs traveling or jobs in general. He hated working actually. But, he didn't mind doing something he loved. Besides singing, he had a passion for legos. He's loved legos since he was 5 and ever since then, he's been fascinated by them collecting them, to the point where he'd work for them. 

Lay, watching the clock, waddled his feet. He was supposed to be interviewed today. He arrived 30 minutes early so he didn't forget that he had made an appointment with the boss of this company, Mr. Huang. It was almost about that time, he was already ting bricks. He felt very nervous about trying to get this job, so he prompt himself with all the answers to interview questions, had extra copies of his resumè in case he forgot that too, 

"Xing Tuo, Mr. Huang will see you now." Lay got up as though it was a death sentence from Hell. He walked slowly and closed the door behind him. He looked towards him. The back of the chair stared him in the face and turned. Lay, expected to see some grumpy old man, with a cigar in his mouth. But it wasn't all he was expecting. 

"Tao?"

"Hii Hyung."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, the company boss was off buying me gucci and told me to cover for him. What are you doooing here?"

"I came to apply for the job."

"Working with us isn't good enough for you?" Tao pouted. Lay facepalmed as he had a seat in the chair.

"I need money."

"Why? Are you going to buy me gucci too?"

"No, it's Chen's birthday in a month or a so, and I want to give him something nice."

"Lay-Chen shipping?"

"Taoris?" 

"Ew no." 

"Exactly, I just want to get him something sweet." 

"Ok... Well, I need to see your resumè. Tell me, what do you do for a living? " Lay pulled out his resumè. 

"Well, I'm a singer for this band EXOm, I cook for the family and in my free time, I play with legos."

"That's really interesting, don't think just because you are famous, I'll let you just leave with a job you know.. Answer these following questions."

"Ok..."

"How do you make a tuna sandwich?"

"You put tuna on two pieces of bread, add either lettuce, tomato, anything you like."

"Have you ever stolen a pen from work?"

"I've borrowed a pen from Luhan, "

"If you had turned you cell phone to silent, and it rang really loudly despite it being on silent, what would you tell me?"

"It was my mom."

"Calculate the angle of two clock pointers when time is 11:50."

"25 degrees"

"What's your favorite song? Perform it for us now."

"Jin wan yao duo le ge duo le ge yue liang duo le ge duo le Jin wan yao duo le ge duo duo duo duo le ge duo le ge yue Two moons, two moons, two moon two moon two moon EXO wanna get out tonight EXO wanna get out tonight EXO two moons, two moons, two moon two moon two moons."

"Nice choice, Can you say: 'Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper' and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?"

"Yes!" 

 "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?"

"He wants to buy legos to create an igloo for his taco selling buisness."

"How many cows are in Canada?"

"None, because Kris is in China"

"HEYYO!" Tao, laughed " Ok, final question.. answer it and you'll get the job!"

"If the circumference of a square is divided by the triangle's velocity, in which the rectangle is being bi-polar in that morning of May 17th 2011, What is the size of Pluto?"

"Uh... uhh......1.31 x 1022 kg?"

"No.. a square doesn't have a circumference." 

"!" 

That day, Lay stormed off. Thinking he had the job in the bag and ended up failing. He went home and laid in his bed, contemplating. Tao knocks and opens the door. 

"Hii, Lay."

"Hi Tao."

"What's wrong?"

"A square doesn't have circumference.."

"What?" Lay put his pillow over his face and yelled.

"I JUST WANTED TO WORK AT LEGO WORLD."