Questions

We Could Happen

'It's been a couple of weeks since 2NE1's comeback, also it's been three weeks since I last saw him. Kim Kibum. I have never thought about someone so much to the point that talking or seeing that person would clear my mind. Especially someone I had just met not so long ago. Why do I feel this way?'

CL lay on her bed, scrolling through the contacts on her phone. Her thumb hovered over Key's name. She smiled as she recalled the time when she was back at the SM building, about to leave when Key saw her off.


*Flashback*

"Well, I'm going now." CL said as she walked in the elevator. Key stood in the hallway. 

"Yah, Lee Chaerin, you better not claim my spot as the number one diva while 2NE1 makes their comeback." Key said.

"No promises." CL smirked as the elevator closed.

As the elevator closed, CL's mood immediately dropped as she watched the door close between herself and Key. To shake her head out of those sad thoughts, CL took out her phone to see what Key had done. 'I just needed to check the time, my .' CL thought to herself as she scrolled through the contacts and saw Key's name, a smile apparent on her face.


Still, CL couldn't bring herself to call or text him. She was just too shy. Kim Kibum was the baddest female's weakness. 'Just text him, maybe this will calm you down since you miss him so much.' she thought to herself. Finally gathering up all her courage, she tapped on Key's name and was ready to send a message. 'Come on Chaerin, you can do this. You're just one step away from talking to him!' CL bit her lip and finally settled for a simple message.

CL: Kibum. It's Chaerin. ~.~

'Oh gosh, I'm so nervous! He texted back! Shoot, why do I feel so nervous?' CL thought to herself as she opened her messages.

Key: Yah, Lee Chaerin. I expected you to contact me earlier than this. Did it take you three weeks to find out that I put my number in your phone?
CL: No! I was just busy, after all. 2NE1 has performances to do, obviously. 
Key: Speaking of that, I saw your music video. You look like a total diva and you rap like a diva, trust me I should know. I told you not to take my place as number one diva. How could you do this to me?!
CL: I said 'no promises,' didn't I? Anyways, how is your 'Boys Meet U' concert? >.>
Key: It's great, do you want to come here and see the concert? I'll give you a VIP pass. Kekeke. ;~;
CL: Are you getting cocky, Kim Kibum? I'm going to sleep, bye.
Key: Yah, yah. I'm not cocky. Goodnight.

After she read the last text, CL locked her phone and held it to her chest, smiled, and squirmed in her bed so much that all her blankets fell on the floor. 'Lee Chaerin, you're so dead.'


JAPAN: SHINEE'S DORM

'Kim Kibum you like this girl and you know it. There's no denying it now. You miss her, you think about her most of the time. Do you like her? Confirm it, then you can be sure of yourself.' 

Key sighed as he sat on the couch in the living room watching TV with the other members. Obviously he wasn't paying attention to anything going on, for he was thinking about her. Lee Chaerin. 'Can two weeks just pass already? I hate to say it, but I miss that girl already. I want to talk to her. Has she not found my number in her phone? Aish.' 

Suddenly, Key's phone vibrated in his pocket. Sighing once again, he reached in his pocket for his phone and squinted at the lock screen. There was a text from an unknown number. Confused, Key unlocked his phone and saw the text. 

'Kibum. It's Chaerin.' the text read. As he read it, Key quickly got up from the couch, walked to his room and sat on his bed. His heart started to beat fast as if he was getting nervous. 'What should I respond? I'm nervous! Just respond, you were waiting for her to contact you!' 

Key: Yah, Lee Chaerin. I expected you to contact me earlier than this. Did it take you three weeks to find out that I put my number in your phone?
CL: No! I was just busy, after all. 2NE1 has performances to do, obviously. 

Key smiled to himself. 'Sassing me, huh? I can sass back.' 

Key: Speaking of that, I saw your music video. You look like a total diva! I told you not to take my place as number one diva. How could you do this to me?
CL: I said 'no promises,' didn't I? Anyways, how is your 'Boys Meet U' concert? >.>
Key: It's great, do you want to come here and see the concert? I'll give you a VIP pass. (; Kekeke.
CL: Are you getting cocky, Kim Kibum? I'm going to sleep, bye.

'So she doesn't want to come?! Oh wait, not like she can come anyways... ugh... idols and their schedules psh. Oh wait, I'm an idol. Awkward...'

Key: Yah, yah. I'm not cocky. Goodnight.

Key locked his phone and sighed happily. 'What's this, Kibum? Why are you like this? Just her texting you makes you giddy?' 


2NE1'S DORM

A knock sounded at the door which disrupted CL from her thoughts. "Come in." she called. Bom opened the door and walked into CL's room, sitting with her on her bed. "I heard you giggling. I wanted to see what was going on since you barely giggle to yourself alone in your room." Bom said. CL's eyes widened. 'She heard my unnecessary giggling...? Still, I need someone to talk to about this. I should tell Bom unnie how I feel right now.' CL thought. She sighed and faced the brunette.

"Bom unnie, have you ever missed someone, and you think about them, you miss talking to them, you miss seeing them, miss their presence...?" CL asked. Bom looked at CL, confused.

"It's a boy isn't it?" Bom asked. When CL didn't answer, she smiled. She knew it was a boy, and Bom had an idea of who it was. Bom knows best. Not prying CL of any more questions, Bom contained herself and tried to think of her high school days to relate to CL's current situation. Obviously, CL was confused of her feelings. Starting out in the entertainment industry at a young age, CL didn't have the time to chase boys freely like a regular teenage girl. Of course there was Teddy-oppa, but he was her ideal type, yet again, how could CL know of her ideal type if she hasn't been exposed to many boys these past years besides the guys in YG family? After seeing Key and meeting him a few times, she must have set in stone that it was Key. It was Key that is her ideal type. But she's confused. Bom put her finger to her lip in thought.

"When I was in high school, there was a good looking, popular boy. All the girls loved him and wanted his attention. I was just there, but I liked him too. Instead, I admired him from a distance since there were so many girls fighting over him. I didn't want to get caught up in that. I didn't like him just for his looks. We had a lot of things in common. It was just that he was chased by many girls that got in the way of us. He talked to me once in a while; we talked about a lot of things we both liked. One day, he moved away. I was so heartbroken. I never confessed to him, though. I wish I did before he moved away. So yes, I have missed someone that way. I thought about him, missed seeing him, missed talking to him, missed being with him, missed everything. I was forced to move on of course. I've never seen him since; but I think I'm safe to say that he has seen me." Bom said as she laughed light heartedly. CL looked to the ground, taking in Bom's story with thought. 

'I like Key. The signs are right there. I just need need to confirm it.'

"Thanks for the story, unnie. It was really helpful." CL said finally.

"No problem... but who's the boy?" Bom said with a knowing smile.

"Don't act like you don't know." CL said, narrowing her eyes. Bom laughed. 

"So it's Key-sshi? It's like love at first sight or something like that then, since it was only not too long ago you met him, right?" 

"That's cheesy! I need to think for myself." CL said as she retrieved her blanket from the floor from earlier when she was fangirling and covered herself up. Bom got up from CL's bed and smiled. She left the room and closed the door softly. 'It's like I'm the mother of a teenage girl.' Bom thought to herself as she covered and giggled softly.


'When I see you again, I'll confirm my feelings, Kibum.'

'When I see you again, I'll confirm my feelings, Chaerin.'