Encounters With Destiny?

Breathing

Ivory’s POV

            Anyone who knew me knows I hate crying, it makes me seem weak. I don’t usually do it but I cried for that boy and now in front of Sigan who I have known since the start of high school. I heard a soft thump sound and then arms bring me into their embrace. I let myself go after that crying for everything that I have felt since I was born, even though these arms weren’t from someone from my family or from some I knew since childhood or that boy’s, I still allowed myself to cry. Sigan didn’t judge me, he just my hair saying everything would be okay and to just let it go that I was safe. I finally stopped crying and pulled away from Sigan’s embrace.

            “If you tell anyone I cried I will kill you.” I threatened wiping away my tears.

            “I would never dream of it we may have only been friends since high school started but I know I have your trust and I do not want to lose it.” Sigan said with a smile and handed me a handkerchief with a clock pattern on it.

            I smiled back and got up. Pulling out a mirror from my bag and making sure my make-up didn’t run or anything. I swiftly closed it and turned towards to Sigan.

            “I am ready when you are.” I announced smiling.

            “Then let’s go.” Sigan said walking towards to the wall.

            “Wait you said we would use the roof.” I exclaimed not following him.

            “I lied we can’t this clock tower isn’t technically located in the human world.” Sigan explained with a shrug.

            “Sigan I cannot do that again it felt like I was going to throw up.” I informed.

            “I know but the return is easier.” Sigan said.

            “I don’t trust you. Why can’t we fly down?” I asked.

            “Because clock towers in heaven do not stay in one spot right now this clock tower could be over England so it would put us in a clock tower there.” Sigan explained.

            “Fine but if you are lying I get to punch you.” I said and took his hand.

            “As I said before do not let go.” Sigan said ad stepped through the wall.

            Soon we were on the floor and he was right it wasn’t as bad as the way up but I sum it up to it feeling like falling for 15 stories then pulling open your wings. Many humans believe it hurts due to authors writing that it would but I doesn’t it is actually really fun and many angels do it.

            “Okay so you didn’t lie and I do not have to punch you good.” I said though I was breathing deeply.

            “Well let’s go eat lunch.” Sigan said and grabbed my hand walking towards a restaurant he claims is the best in the vicinity.

********************

            “You are so right this is amazing.” I exclaimed taking a big bite.

            “See I told you.” Sigan said after swallowing some food.

            “But why did you order so much?” I asked after taking a drink of water.

            “Huh?” Sigan asked.

            “I couldn’t possibly eat this much.” I explained.

            “Mianhae I am so used to coming with Sasin so I automatically ordered the amount we eat together.” Sigan apologized.

            “We can just take some back to Sasin as a snack.” I said.

            “Right so what else should we do?” Sigan asked looking at me.

            “What was your plan?” I questioned.

            “Well I was going to look for a gift for a friend back home.” Sigan answered.

            “How about we look for a gift together?” I suggested.

            “Okay but what did you come out to do?” Sigan asked.

            “I was just going to go to the bookstore.” I responded sheepishly.

            “You and your books.” Sigan stated jokingly.

            “Yah!” I exclaimed.

            Sigan just continued walking having me have to jog to catch up with him. Sigan walked with a purpose to a store close by and entered holding the door open for me. Upon entering my jaw dropped to the floor since the store was so big and seemed really expensive. He continued walking into the men’s section and began looking through racks.

            “What type of gift are you thinking of?” I asked standing there with nothing to do.

            “Something fancy he is graduating from an angel class back at my home town.” Sigan answered not looking away.

            “If they offer classes in my home town why didn’t you take them there?” I questioned confused.

            “They only teach being protectors of places nothing else.” He answered moving to another clothes rack.

            “Oh then you should buy him something that isn’t clothes.” I stated.

            “What? Waeyo?” Sigan asked looking at me.

            “I don’t know the idea just popped into my head.” I answered with a shrug of my shoulders.

            “Okay so what should it be?” Sigan questioned looking at the ties.

            I looked around and something caught my eye, necklace with dragon detail. I walked towards it and carefully examined it.

            “Sigan this.” I said calling him over.

            Sigan took one look at it and asked “Why this one?”

            “I don’t know but you can have Cheon-Sa put a charm on it to protect him.” I answered still examining it.

            “Okay. Excuse me miss can you please wrap this for me.” Sigan said getting the lady’s attention.

            “Of course.” She said and took it away to wrap it.

            Sigan walked towards the counter to pay with me in tow.

            “336,029.99 won.” The lady said.

            Sigan took out a credit card and paid for it. He then took the bag off the counter and left.

            “To the bookstore we go.” Sigan said and began walking to a bookstore close by.

            We soon headed in me leading the way to the romance section of the store and browsing for a book that was just released. After searching for a while I finally found the book but another hand met mine.   

            “Omo are you buying this book too?” The person asked.

            “Yeah it is supposed to be a tragic love-” I responded but stopped suddenly when I saw the person whose hand I touched, it was a guy.

            “Are you okay you just stopped in a middle of your sentence?” The man questioned tilting his head to the side.

            “Yeah it is just most people who read romance novels are females.” I answered blushing a bit at how stupid that sounded everyone has free will it has been ground into our head since birth.

            “I know but I love romance novels something about them just makes me feel better about myself. Though I am sure if the press found out I would be ridiculed and if my bandmates found out they would crack jokes about it.” He stated with a small smile on his lips that started out as happy but turned a bit sarcastic at the end.

            “You are in a band?” I asked tilting my head.

            “Yeah you didn’t know?” He questioned back.

            “No. Is it famous?” I answered peering at him.

            “Yes we won two awards here in South Korea and one international.” He said with a small smile playing on his lips.

            “Oh I am sorry I don’t keep up with the latest music.” I confided looking down shyly.

            “It’s fine.” He said and was about to leave to pay for the book but turned back. “How about you look up the NU’EST to make it up to me.” He suggested smiling.

            “Sure and if you like that type of romance book you should read The Forgotten Love by Park Ae Sook it was beautiful.” I agreed.

            “Okay I will read it.” He said smiled, bowed and left.

            “Did you find your book Ivory?” Sigan asked coming out of the non-fiction section of the store.

            “Yeah lets check out.” I responded and then saw the guy I was talking to leave with someone with dirty blonde hair.

            “We should something here is making me feel weird.” Sigan stated getting in line.

            “Really? I don’t feel anything weird.” I retorted.

            “Well still let’s just pay and leave.” Sigan said stepping forward as the line moved.

            I looked towards the door seeing the two men meet up with someone else with brown hair and a mean look to him though even though he looked mean I felt I knew him.

 

 

AN: I forgot to say that the man Ivory meets is Aron hence the main image. In case anyone is wondering that book mentioned is completely fake I made up the title and author since my searches on google turned up nothing. As well I am beginning to bring in the characters and tie them together I wonder if you know who the one mentioned at the very end is. On another note I feel like this time I didn't take forever to update and I am really happy that I got another subscriber meaning I am up to five I hope I have as many subscribers as chapters so subscribe and comment so I am not lonely.