The End ♥

The Necklace

 

Chapter Five:

I woke up and the first thing I noticed on my chest was that my necklace was black. As soon as I saw it I jumped out of bed and began to freak out, turning it around to make sure the H was still there; it was. I pulled on a pair of sweatpants and ran down the stairs to find my parents having breakfast. We had moved into our new house just a few days ago and the walls smelt of freshly coated paint. I ran on the wooden floor to the dining room where my parents both turned around to me. My father motioned for me to sit down and then offered me a plate of waffles, I began to nibble. My mother began the conversation, “So…are you enjoying the new house Dongwoo?” She asked. I nodded, “Yeah…mum…what does it mean when your necklace goes black?” Both my parents turned around to me, gasping. I just stared back at them before my father answered, “It means you don’t have a soul mate…this could be due to death or other circumstances like falling out of love…why? Is your necklace black?” I shrugged, “NO! No, I saw one on the street…” I trailed off. My mother smiled, “Ah…good! Now finish up your breakfast!” I shook my head before running out of the house, grabbing my converse as I ran out through the front door, down the porch and down the street towards my grandparent’s house.

Breaking into a sprint, I ran straight down the road heading towards to the bus stop. The bus drove past me while I was sprinting and stopped at the bus stop ahead to pick up people. I pushed what little muscles I had and JUST made the bus, hopping on and grabbing onto one of the poles. The bumpy ride only took about 15mins and when the bus stopped I jumped off, taking a sharp left and running up my grandparents’ pathway. I ran straight into the door, it was locked but I heard music playing around the back garden so I ran around and jumped the fence to find a shirtless Hoya cutting tears, dancing to some pop song on the radio. I was gasping for air and grabbed a glass of water that was sitting on the garden table. I was able to fully gather my thoughts and breath before Hoya even noticed I was there; the first thing I noticed about him was that his necklace was just as black as mine. He smiled at me, nervously, and raised his arm up to wave to me. I just starred at him, whispering, “What did I do wrong…” Hoya began to walk over, leaving his utensils at the side of the shed and grasped me into a hug. I pulled away, confused and dazed. I looked up at glaring hot sun and took a few steps back into the cool shade. Hoya looked up at me, touching my chin. I pushed his hand away; the rejection in his eyes was a dark brown. “What’s…what’s wrong” he muttered, looking away. I gulped, “Why is your necklace black…” He looked down, “I don’t know…” I turned around and looked him in the eyes, “I figured it out…they go bright red when you’re with your soul mate, the one you love…then tell me why it’s black because I- well…I love you” The words took Hoya my surprised and he stepped forward, placing his fingers just over mine. I trembled before he spoke, “I am in love with you too Dongwoo”. I couldn’t take it, he was obviously lying, if he wasn’t lying then our necklaces would be bright red, right? I shook my head, “No-no you don’t but it’s ok…” Hoya objected, “I DO love you. And there’s nothing you can say that can change that…if you want to let some cheap piece of metal determine our love then go ahead, be my guest” His words cut like a knife, we both turned away with tears in our eyes. I went to jump back over the fence before Hoya turned around again, “If you love me as much as I love you, and won’t let some cheap metal define our love, then meet me at the train station…tonight at 11…we’re going to run away” I turned back to look at him, “Are you crazy? He just laughed pathetically, “I love you” he muttered before walking back to the bottom of the garden.

I wasn’t going away with him. I wasn’t stupid, the necklaces couldn’t lie I mean how you do you explain why my parents’ necklaces are bright red still after all these years. I sighed, putting away some books on the shelf, maybe our love was just not meant to last. I lay down on the bed and fell asleep. I woke up to a pecking noise at my window; it was a small bird. I held my head as I woke and checked my phone to see the time. It was 10:40. In that moment, everything became clearer; who was I to judge our love based on a ‘cheap piece of metal’? I jumped up and grabbed one of my bags I hadn’t finished unpacking; it was filled with clothes, my iPod and my wallet too. I grabbed my jacket and shoes and whilst grasping my cell phone, I sprinted out of the house towards to the train station- a 30-minute walk. I knew Hoya would be there and I felt so sorry and sick to my stomach that I had ever doubted him. I tripped over a dip in the sidewalk and fell right onto my face, blood dripping from my lip. I wiped away at it with my sleeve, grabbed my bag and continued running, running and running. It was 10:59pm when I arrived at the train station, pushing open the doors making a dramatic entrance. Hoya was sitting at the side near the window and smiled when he saw me. He ran over and taking my face in his hands, kissed me in the middle of the train station. I ushered him to hurry up, “Come on, we’re going to miss the train!” He laughed, “We’re not getting a train…I just needed to know you believed in me more than some stupid piece of metal…” He trailed off and we just starred into each other’s eyes. We kissed and our love was sealed.

50 Years Later:

“Grandpa Hoya…why did your necklaces turn black! Don’t you love Grandpa Dongwoo? “ Hoya laughed, “Of course! We still love each other even after all these years…you know there’s a legend that if you love someone so much both the necklaces will break…that’s what happened to us honey”. We sat back and exchanged a look before giggling. Despite being near seventy we had survived the odds and we were still irrevocably in love.

A/N: Thanks so much for supporting this project and I really hope you enjoyed it! :D Everybody loves a happy ending, right?! Ah again, thank you all so much for reading, commenting, whatever! I really appreciate it! ^^ Look out for me! Hopefully I'll do another fanfic before the end of the summer! :D See you all soon ^^ ~