Sealed with a Kiss

The Necklace

 

Chapter Three:

On the day we were meant to be moving into our new house, mother called up to my room and sat on my bed saying, “So there’s a few problems…we won’t be moving in this week after all!” I sat up looking concerned, “Oh? Is it a big problem?” Mother shook her head and smiled, “No! The furniture was shipped to Busan instead, we need to travel down and get it and since there’s a lot of furniture we need to go for a few days. You should pack a few clothes to take with you!” “Mom! I don’t want to go to Busan! Can’t I stay here?” Mother pondered the thought, “But you’d be on your own! Your Grandparents are coming with us to Busan! Wouldn’t you be lonely?” I smiled, “No…if it was for a few days I’d be fine. I have the internet, food and TV!” Mother smiled back at me and hugged me, “Stay safe Dongwoo, I’ll call you when we get there”.

I showed my parents and grandparents out the door and locked it behind me once they had driven away. I looked at the empty house before me; any other kid would throw a wild party but I? Not me; I had a whole week of eating junk food, watching movies and random internet surfing ahead of me. That was, until Hoya decided to come round to the house a few hours later. I answered the door to find Hoya standing there, grinning and wearing a shirt and a pair of jeans.

“Why hello Dongwoo! I heard you could use some company!” Hoya walked into the house past me, placing his backpack at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled, “Your grandmother asked me to stay with you, she thought you could use some company!” I laughed nervously, “Oh…”. Hoya looked up perplexed, “Don’t you want me to stay?” I looked down, “Oh! It’s not that…”. Hoya smiled and pulled my head up to face him, “We’re going to have LOTS of fun don’t worry!”.

The day was spent lounging by the pool, eating junk food and attempting to hide from the harmful rays of the sun. We had just finished swimming and went to lie down beside each other on the grass to dry ourselves off when Hoya turned around to me and started playing with my necklace. “I’ve never seen one so bright…you know mine never changed colour until I first met you?” I turned my body to face Hoya, “Mine never changed colour until I met you either…when you left that last time, my necklace changed to a light pink.” Hoya sat up abruptly, holding onto his own necklace this time, “Hmmm…that’s weird huh…maybe it’s a sign.” I sat up beside Hoya and looked into his deep dark brown eyes, “A sign meaning what?” I asked. Hoya simply turned around to me, placed his hands on my arms and pressed his lips onto mine. It took me by surprise and before I knew it I was tumbling back on the grass with Hoya on top of me, our lips pressing against each other. Our tongues then met and Hoya further pressed his body down upon mine and we rolled together in the grass, our hands mimicking our tongues and exploring each other. We both retreated and sat up, Hoya moving in close to sit beside me. Suddenly we both burst out laughing, “Well…that was fun” Hoya muttered breathlessly. We both laughed and made our way into the house, holding hands as we walked.

“Now! Let me show you what a nice meal is!” Hoya laughed as he walked into the kitchen, preparing a meal for our dinner. A while later he returned with two plates filled with meat, vegetables and exotic flavours and sauces. One bite in I was already in love with the food. “You are such…SUCH a good cook!” I exclaimed before stuffing more food into my mouth. Hoya laughed and shrugged it off before placing a mouthful of food into my mouth. I laughed at the faces Hoya was making and we played with each other’s feet under the table. I was feeling really sleepy at dinner so Hoya helped me upstairs into my bed. I changed into my shorts and pulled open the window. I mentioned for Hoya to sit on my bed with me and we began to watch an old Disney movie in English. “What is he saying!” Hoya exclaimed. “He’s saying that he’ll love her no matter what” I said, feeling ever more sleepy. Hoya laughed, “I need to brush up on my English! I’m terrible”. I laughed but before I had time to answer, Hoya was kissing me on the lips again and we fell asleep in each other’s arms.