the confession

All The Happiness In The World

"Kibum, are you going to confess to Jinki soon? Please do so. Spare my ears from your 'Oh he is so perfect' 'Why isn't he mine' squeals and whines" Jonghyun shouted.

 

"Do you have to say it so loudly?! Are you afraid that nobody can hear you or what? Geez it's supposed to be a secret you stupid dino." I shot him a glare.

 

"But Kibum, we are all alone here? We are at your house for goodness sake!"

 

Hi, my name is Kibum and I am crazily in love with my senior. His name is Lee Jinki. He's handsome, adorable, stunning and every other word possible. He is everyone's definition of perfection. Everyone's ideal boyfriend, no matter whether they were boys or girls. Everyone looked up to him. He was kind, always there when you need him, intelligent (second in ranking in terms of academics) and really helpful. However, he is extremely clumsy, he trips over thin air for goodness sake, but I guess it's fair that he is, he can't be too perfect if not that will make him unreachable, right? Having said all, isn't he the best guy living in this world? You can't blame me for falling in love with him, you really can't.

 

Being a freshman, I knew I had to choose at least a sports club, the performing arts club or the uniformed group society. I happened to join the tennis club, because all the others just didn't appeal to me. You can't expect the Almighty Key to join a stupid uniform society, right? The only reason why I didn't choose the dance club was because it was modern dance, I wanted hip-hop! Or maybe something cooler than that.

 

What I didn't know was that Jinki was in tennis club as well. I am glad he was, if not I would have never been able to meet him. On the first day of training, he brought all the freshmen who had joined the club aside. He told all of us (in his smooth voice) that he is our senior and that he would be in charge of all of us from that day onwards. All the other freshmen instantly swoon over his gentle voice and of course I am no exception. 

 

That day ended with everyone having his number and vice versa. It was for emergency use, in case there were urgent messages that needed to be passed down. I couldn't help but think that his phone would probably be exploding from text confessions and if I were to send one to him, it would probably get lost in the sea of confessions and never be discovered. 

 

"Jonghyun, what if he doesn't reply? He probably has thousands of text confessions and he probably wouldn't even see mine!" I whined.

 

"Would you just shut up and send. Don't be such a coward." Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he rested against my bed headboard. 

 

Oh and one thing about Jonghyun is that he is my best friend, we've known each other since we were young and we go to each other's house for sleepovers on alternate weeks.

 

I did however; pluck up courage to send the first text out. 

 

"Thank you for giving us a tour around the club today." I almost wanted to kill myself for sending a stupid message out. Ugh, now all the more he wouldn't reply you, stupid Kim Kibum. 

 

I was pretty sure he wouldn't reply my stupid message and blamed myself for not being able to come up with something wittier. My phone instantly buzzed and my stomach filled with butterflies. Could it be Jinki? My hands crept to the phone lying on the floor. 

 

"JJONG HE REPLIED!!! OH MY GOD HE REALLY REPLIED. OH MY GOD. THIS IS INSANE."

 

"WOULD YOU CALM YOUR DOWN BRO. I got it! You don't have to repeat so many times ugh."

 

The conversation between the both of us did pick up from there. We soon became text buddies and texted each other everyday and it came to a point where it was uncomfortable to not see his name light up in my phone for a day. No matter who started the conversation, it never ends. We could talk about anybody or anything. It was ridiculous how much we were opposites. I liked English pop songs while he likes Korean ballad songs. He is never really into fashion yet I love fashion. He would have easily be someone I would never interact but we get along so well and we know each other so well that we knew what the other was thinking and feeling just through a simple text. I guess opposites do attract.

 

And along the continuous text and inside jokes between the both of us, I fell deeper and deeper into a pit called love. It almost seemed as if it was impossible to get out of it. 

 

Days come and weeks go by, soon it was his graduation day. I knew that this one sided love has to stop. The moment he gets out of this school, he will find a girlfriend, a girlfriend that will understand and constantly be there for him. Who knows, they might get married and have a football team of children. But at the thought of it, my heart ached. What would happen after Jinki leaves? He had always been my pillar of strength; his texts were what I looked forward to replying everyday. I knew once he is out of this school, he will change. Everybody changes, and to say he wouldn't change was a big lie. The silly promises to friends from middle school, how they promised to be best friends forever never did work out. Because everybody changes and soon everything that happened in this school will be just memories stored at the back of his mind.

 

I never met Jinki after his graduation in December. It might be because I was scared, or that I don't know how to face him without breaking down. I will miss him. After all, he had always been there for me. 

 

And right before the clock strikes twelve to indicate a new year, I sent a text to Jinki.

 

"Thank you for the past two years. For always being there no matter what happens. Now that you have graduated, I will miss seeing you around. Remember that night you asked me who I liked and I refused to say? You even teased me that it was Nicole, I guess I was too afraid to admit that I am in love with you. Happy New Year, 넌 온 세상의 행복을 다 할 만하다*"

*You deserve all happiness in the world

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here's the update! This fic will be split into two parts! Thank you for subscribing and commenting! I hope I didn't disappoint! Next update will be tomorrow! ^^