It Comes From The Heart

Love and Depression [Rockabyebaby Contest Entry]

 

Half the school day was already over, but that was the least of my problems. I grabbed a tray from the lunch line and joined the others. I sat between G.O and Mir, while Thunder and Seungho were across from us.

"Tell me everything you know."

G.O slyly glanced at Seungho, who instantly turned to Thunder. Thunder, obviously surprised at everyone's stares, looked at Mir who was happily eating. Poor maknae. He always seems to be caught in the difficult situations.

"How about you, Mir?" I asked.

He looked around before saying,

"Honestly hyung, I don't know much. "

He looked a little worried, which wasn't what I was aiming for. Maybe it's the way I've been acting. Sighing, I remembered to control actions and reactions.

"So, what do you know?" I asked.

"Well, everyone knows how he wants to be kingka of the school. He lives for the attention of girls and Hyosung was the only one who wouldn't give him that satisfaction."

"AKA man ." G.O whispered to Seungho.

"Are you done?" I asked, turning to them.

"Umm.. Uh.. yeah."

"Anyway, then, you know we had to leave for a while so everything...changed." he finished.

"He's practically been hunting down my girlfriend?" I asked.

"When we left, he would be the worst person around. No one would dare stop him." G.O added.

Clenching my hands in rage, I managed to mutter,

"That son of a ."

"But he's stolen plenty of other girls from guys, hyung." Mir said.

"Were they willing to win them back?" I asked, a little hurt by his statement.

They timidly looked at each other then shook their heads.

"That's the difference between me and other guys. I'll see you later. I'm going to take a walk."

I quickly walked out of the cafeteria, making sure no one saw. It was pretty amazing, since nobody was able to leave until lunch was over. After that, I roamed the school for a few minutes. I didn't know where
I was going or why, I just needed to think. Too absorbed in my thoughts, I hadn't realized Kikwang was just a few feet away, stomping down the hall. I hid behind some lockers because if he was already
mad, 1.) Seeing me would send him over the edge or 2.) He would just laugh in my face. He was looking around and mumbled a few sentences every once in a while.

The only sentence I was able to make out was,

"Where the is she?!"

I cautiously stepped out from the lockers and asked,

"Who are you looking for?"

I tried changing my voice, but, honestly, it sounded dumb. If he's stupid, he won't recognize my voice and just think it's a random nerd or something.

"My girlfriend. You haven't seen her have you? Probably not." He said, mumbling to himself. The tone of his voice came off as agitated and not in the mood to talk to anyone. I gave a quick "no" and walked out
of his sight.

Okay, that was extremely awkward. I should probably go back to lunch before I get caught.

I ran back into the cafeteria and sat down. Everyone was gone except Seungho, who looked kind of bored.

"Hey."

"Hey. How did your thinking go?" He asked.

"Okay, I guess. That is, until I saw Kikwang."

"Did you guys talk?"

I laughed nervously.

"More like hid behind the lockers."

"Pfft. What happened to our strong and muscular Joon?" He chuckled.

"Hey! He looked mad as Hell and I didn't want to deal with that. Plus, he said something about looking for his "girlfriend". I take it they really are dating, huh?"

He nodded. "Seems like it."

"Aigoo. Hyung, what am I going to do?!" I asked, lowering my head.

"There's not much you can do, but if you think she's truly happy with him, you just have to let it go." he said.

"That's the problem." I said, "I just can't let it go. I love her too much. There was barely a reason that we broke up. Now all of a sudden she's with Kikwang?"

I started to groan and rub my temples. "Aish, this is depressing."

"I'm sure you'll figure out what's going on, but first, you may want to talk to Hyosung. After all, she knows more than we do."

"Ok, I'll try. Wait-.. what if she doesn't speak to me? This might not be important to you, but it's hard for me to speak to someone if they don't care."

"You love her, don't you?"

"Ne."

"Then, just say what you feel and if she cares, she'll listen." Seungho reassured me and smiled. Somehow, that one smile sent a boost of confidence over my body. Suddenly, I felt a little better about the
situation.

"Thanks, Seungho." I showed my thanks and lunch was dismissed. We went are separate ways, but before leaving, Seungho gave me a small tap on the shoulder. I turned around and saw him smile, pointing to his heart.

"Remember: it's all in here."

I nodded, pointing to my own heart in response. While walking to class, a small smile appeared on my face because of Seungho's words.

Hyung, you're the best.