H+K=?!

Love and Depression [Rockabyebaby Contest Entry]

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

"Mmm..."

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Mmm...shut up."

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"SHUT UP, DAMN IT!!"

After pushing away the blankets around me I fell on the floor, face to face with my alarm clock.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Why is it always such a challenge trying to turn this damn thing off?! Oh, that's because I've never had one. One of the members or Hyosung would-... Nah, I don't think I'll talk about it. I'd rather not feel sorry for myself today. After 5 minutes of continuous beeps, I gave up; throwing my alarm clock against the wall.

"Finally ..."

"Dude, what's going on in here?"

Seungho opened my door, revealing me lying on the floor. My alarm clock was just a few feet away from him, broken into pieces. I gave him a momentary glance and decided to try and sleep everything away.
In the meantime, Seungho shifted his vision from me the the tiny bits of clock that were left.

"Dude, you've got to get over her." he said.

But I can't.

I groaned moving my head deeper into my pillow, sighing, "I know. "

"C'mon Joon, Thunder even offered to cook breakfast."

I managed to wave my hand and mumble,

"I'll be right there."

Sluggishly I walked over to my closet and checked the calendar. MONDAY.

"I ing hate Mondays."

I put on some random clothes, since we didn't have a uniform, and ran my hands through my hair. Once I did it a few times, I actually didn't look that bad. Satisfied, I grabbed my school bag and greeted the
others.

"Hi, hyung!" Mir said, mouth stuffed.

Rubbing his hair affectionately, I smiled.

"You shouldn't talk with your mouth full."

Mir nodded and Thunder handed me a plate full of pancakes.

"Here, hyung."

"Thanks." I said.

We both exchanged smiles and we all started eating. I almost forgot how great a cook he was!!

Like any normal person, G.O causally started a conversation. Only, it was directed toward me.

 

"So, Joon, how are you feeling?"

"Fine, I guess. Everyone has their bad days."

"But hyung," Mir began, "You haven't been the same since-...you know."

"I'm okay. There's no need to worry." I said, putting some pancake into my mouth. Stares were coming at me from every direction; so I entertained myself by cutting my pancakes into smaller pieces.

"Joon-.."

"Look, is it okay if we not talk about this? I'm just not up for it."

Finishing breakfast, I put my dishes away and everyone else followed. Seungho held open the door until everyone was out of the dorm. Seungho, being last, came up behind me and put a firm hand on my shoulder. In some way, it was expected.

"I know you don't want to talk now, but when you do, I'm here."

He gave a sincere smile and continued walking; nothing more, nothing less. Seungho-hyung was always concerned about our feelings. Even though he knew something was wrong, he didn't want to nag us about it. At times it was a good thing, but if we were completely out of character, we were confronted.

Walking to school definitely gave me time to think, but not enough to react. The first person I saw was Hyosung. Not alone, but with Kikwang. Today, he was doing the usual "smile, flirt, wink, and
show-off" routine. I mean, I wouldn't have really cared, if he wasn't doing it with my ex-girlfriend. Watching her laugh at his corny pick up lines makes me cringe, but what happened next is something I couldn't forget. Kikwang looked straight at me and kissed her. Her reaction was the same as mine, but that doesn't mean she didn't try to stop it.

"What the hell!?"

The guys must have noticed because they tried to get me to leave ASAP.

"Um.. hyung? Let's hurry before we're late to class!!" Thunder said, dragging me.

"Yeah, that's right...class." Okay, what did I just see there?! More importantly, is she dating that !?!