Part 1

Applause and Autographs
"What made the company think this was a good idea, really? I mean, of course I love it when Jonghyun and Onew promote at the same time, but there are always fan wars. Always."
 
"Kibum," Minho began, but he was cut off as his friend started up again.
 
"But the shipping, oh my god the Jongyu shipping. And the fanfiction."
 
"Kibum."
 
"And of course, that choreographer Lee Taemin worked with Onew on his choreography, so it'll be great, I'm–"
 
"Kibum!" Minho finally shouted. 
 
"What?" Kibum asked back, equally loudly.
 
"I just thought you'd like to know–Onew's music video is out." Minho had been refreshing SME's YouTube page as his roommate had been talking, the two of them sitting in front of Kibum's laptop together on his bed. It was late at night, both waiting for the comebacks of their favorite solo artists. 
 
"Play it!" At least, that was what Minho assumed his friend had said through the fingertips that he'd put in his mouth. He complied, clicking on the video. 
 
There were a few moments of loading, then the music video played. Minho watched in amusement as his friend was reduced to an incoherent mess, biting on his fingers. Minho did like Onew, and enjoyed his music, but not nearly as much as his friend did. 
 
Kibum proceeded to flail at him for the next hour, and they analyzed the video at least four times. Pausing mid-word, Kibum checked the clock on his phone and asked
 
"Isn't Jonghyun's new music video supposed to be out by now?"
 
Minho sputtered, going back to SME's YouTube page. Sure enough, it was there. 
 
Minho wasn't nearly as vocal as his friend was, but once the four and a half minutes of what he would call perfection had passed, Kibum was smirking at him.
 
"...shut up." 
 
"Hey, both Jonghyun and Onew's debut stages are tomorrow on Inkigayo, you want to go?" Kibum asked, eyebrow raised. 
 
"I've never..."
 
"...you've never been to a music show?" Kibum all but exploded at him. "How dare you call yourself a Blinger? You're not an international fan Minho; going to these things is actually possible for you! If you have any plans for tomorrow, cancel them. I have two tickets and you're coming with me."
 
Minho didn't know if he should be surprised or thank his friend so he did a bit of both, Kibum simply shaking his head in response. 
 
"I cringe to think of how you'd be without me." 
 
"Thanks Kibum." Minho answered dryly. And like that they were in the car the next day, on their way to Inkigayo. Minho was driving, Kibum fixing his appearance in the passenger seat mirror.
 
"Stop it. You look fine." Minho sighed. 
 
"Aw, thanks." Kibum answered. "But you don't." he proceeded to 'fix' Minho, adjusting his hair and clothes. He was about to pull out some concealer, but luckily they arrived before he had the chance. There were a ton of people there-more than Minho was comfortable with-but Kibum strutted through them all, easily leading the way. 
 
Minho was extremely excited, smile growing on his face as they entered. There were more people inside the building than outside, and as Kibum began walking closer to the stage, Minho grabbed his arm.
 
"We're taller than a lot of these girls, maybe we should stay in the back."
 
Kibum placed his hands on his hips. "Minho, we are here for you to see your man, up close and personal."  His eyes were stern. "So that's what we're going to do." Minho was dragged as close as possible to the stage, but as the music show started all the guilt he felt for blocking what felt like nearly everyone's view was gone. 
 
Onew opened the show, Kibum screaming along with everyone else and occasionally hitting Minho in excitement. He had two back dancers with him, one of them being Lee Taemin, the other a dark haired man Minho didn't recognize. 
 
Jonghyun was the last to perform. Being this close to the stage left Minho star struck as he watched the singer. At the end of the song Jonghyun beamed at the crowd, eyes traveling over everyone and finally locking on Minho, who could only stare, cheeks darkening. If anything that made Jonghyun smile wider, winking before waving at his fans and exiting the stage. 
 
 
"Minho, he smiled at you."
 
"So?"
 
"He winked at you."
 
"So?"
 
Kibum gave an aggravated sigh, Minho pulling into a parking spot in their apartment complex. 
 
"Minho, that means he knows you exist. He knows what your face looks like."
 
"I bet he saw you too." Minho defended. 
 
"Maybe, but when he saw you he smiled."
 
"Kibum, what are you getting at?" Minho finally asked. 
 
"We are redefining the meaning of the word thirst, and we are getting you your man."
 
"He's not 'my man'," Minho protested as they climbed the stairs to their room.
 
"Not yet. He's going to be."
 
"Kibum–"
 
"We're going to the next fansign."
 
Minho sighed, placing one hand on the side of his head. "...fine."
 
Kibum grinned. "Good."
 
 
With a hard copy of the new music in hand, Minho stepped nervously from his car. He could see the long line of people from where he had parked. As he and Kibum made their way closer, he could also see that the overwhelming majority of the people were female. He couldn't tell if being a nearly six foot young man was a good or bad thing at this point, but he had begun to not care. 
 
Time passed nervewrackingly slowly, Minho fiddling with the merchandise in his hands and only half listening to Kibum as he watched Jonghyun smiling and chatting briefly with his fans. He seemed a bit reserved–tired, Minho supposed–but when he walked up, something about Jonghyun seemed to brighten, giving Minho a smile that left him a bit breathless. 
 
He was frozen, blatantly staring, taking in the eyes that had slimmed into crescents, cheekbones, hair. Everything was so different up close. So much better. 
 
Jonghyun's lips moved as he reached out, hand touching Minho's lightly as he took what he was supposed to be signing. The feeling of Jonghyun's fingertips jolted Minho back to reality, and he had to ask 
 
"I... What? Sorry."
 
Jonghyun laughed, causing Minho's breath to hitch. "I asked if you were the fan I saw at Inkigayo last night. The tall, blushing one?" 
 
"Y-yeah." He stuttered, cursing himself. Jonghyun smiled, uncapping his writing utensil. 
 
"I hoped so. Name?"
 
"Choi Minho."
 
"Minho..." It sounded almost as if Jonghyun was rolling the name around with his tongue as he repeated it, beginning to write. 
 
"You're staring at me again." Jonghyun's voice, tone laced with amusement, brought Minho out of his trance. He apologized, taking the now signed CD that Jonghyun was handing to him. 
 
"It's alright. That's what I'm here for." Jonghyun grinned. "Have a nice day."
 
"You too." Letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding, Minho walked back to his car. He sat in the driver's seat, looking over his CD while waiting for Kibum. 
 
Minho, it was really nice meeting you today. Thank you for supporting me, and I hope I see you again soon! Under the short message was a signature and a string of numbers. 
 
"Well that was fun." Kibum opened the passenger door, sliding in. "You were a bit of a stuttering mess."
 
"Shut up. I was just surprised he remembered me, that's all." 
 
"He remembered?" Kibum was surprised too, reaching out a hand and saying "Let me see what he wrote."
 
Minho complied, handing over his CD and starting up the car. 
 
"What are these numbers?" Kibum asked, pointing. Minho shrugged. 
 
"Not sure." He answered. Kibum examined the CD closely, pulling back with a gasp. 
 
"There are ten numbers here Minho; I think it's a phone number. His phone number."