I never stopped loving you

I Heard You're A Player, So Let's Play A Game

“I’m tired, Ji. Let me go. I need time to think.” Dara said in the calmest voice she could muster. With all her heart, she wanted to turn around and hug Jiyong as tightly as she could. She wanted to say that she was willing to forget everything and start again. Afresh. She wanted to say that she never stopped loving him. But she was tired of the drama. So she wanted to think.

She heard Jiyong in a tight breath before releasing her and turning her around gently to face him. She looked up into his eyes and saw that he was trying to formulate the best answer possible. She saw the control in his eyes and knew that he loved her enough to care about what she felt.

“What… what do you mean ‘let you go’?” Jiyong asked carefully, his heart clenching tightly in his chest as he prayed desperately that Dara meant something else instead of the cruel, cold end that infringed upon his mind.

“Let me go to sleep and think it over.” Dara said gently. She saw the pain in Ji’s eyes and she knew what he was thinking. They knew each other well enough for her to read him and his expressions effortlessly.

She saw the relief in his eyes and smiled inwardly. She loved him. She had never stopped loving him. She knew that.

“Dara. I can’t let you go back to… to… Joon. I know that I’ve hurt you very badly, but I can’t watch you go to bed with another man. I would rather stab him to death and then kill myself than for you to… you and him… in the same bed…” Jiyong said with clenched teeth. He couldn’t continue. The thought was too painful and he felt like dying inside. He averted Dara’s gaze and released her shoulders, turning away slightly so Dara could not see his heart breaking.

“Ji, Joon is my-“ Dara placed a hand on his shoulder and tried to get him to look into her eyes but he cut her off.

“Dara please. As long as you are not married, I stand a chance to be with you. You will sleep here tonight and I will come for you in the morning. Please. Promise you will think about us.” Jiyong finally turned to Dara with a desperate, pleading look in his eyes.

Dara swore her heart melted on the spot as she looked into his soulful, puppy eyes. She opened to say that she forgave him, but as she parted her lips, Jiyong closed the gap between them and placed a lingering kiss on her lips.

It was as if they were back, two years ago when he had first kissed her. Stunned, surprised, delighted, wanting more – emotions that she felt when she was a teenage girl who had her first crush on the handsome, popular boy. She stood rooted to the spot and he simply turned and walked out of the room.

Two moments after he walked out of the room, Dara;s knees gave way and she melted to the floor, her heart pounding fast. Sandara Park! She scolded herself. What are you, a teenager? Stop behaving like a star-struck girl and more like the woman you are!

With that thought, she stood up and decided to go to sleep. Whatever comes tomorrow, comes. Anyway, I’ve already decided to get back with him…

---

To: Dara Noona

From: Joon Dongsaeng                                                                                                      

 

Noona! Gwenchana? Anyway, they’ve finally released me after an entire night of threats from big, burly, gangster like men! It’s kind of hot and y, really, but HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Anyway, I’ve concluded that Jiyong hyung is really serious about you. But taking into consideration the amount of crap he and his father put you through, I suggest that you make him suffer a little! Hehehehe… So here’s the plan…”

---

Dara awoke to the ringing tone of her phone. It was in her pocket all along, and she had forgotten about it. She read the message and couldn’t stop laughing at how cute her dongsaeng was. Hmm… the plan was decent enough, though. But before she could reply, Jiyong suddenly burst in.

“Morning Dara!” Jiyong smiled brightly and hopefully, turning on all his charms on her. He was dressed in a white polo tee and form-fitting jeans. His hair was brushed back handsomely and his eye-smile was brighter than the sunshine that streamed in from the large glass windows.

Dara gave an equally warm smile and jiyong’s smile grew even larger and more innocent.

“So… how was your sleep?” Jiyong walked over to the side of the bed, his hands in his pockets, his eyes wide.

Dara almost wanted laugh at his extent of cuteness, but she bit the corner of her cheek and held herself back from jumping at him.

“Mm… It was good.” She said simply and watched Jiyong’s expression carefully.

His face fell, but he picked it back up almost immediately, albeit less bright. “Oh… good.” Well, as long as she did not say she wants to leave my side, I suppose it’s a good sign, right? He asked himself.

“Joon and I are going out.” Dara stepped out of bed and started walking towards the door.

“WHAT??? GOING OUT??? Like, he’s your boyfriend???!!!” Jiyong freaked out and yelled a little.

Dara turned to give him a slicing gaze and he immediately shut up. “We are going out on a date. Anyway, like you said, I’m not married to anyone and I can go out with anyone. If you stop me, I’m never going to talk to you again.” Dara stuck out her tongue playfully at him and spun on her heels out of the room.

“Dara, Dara no I didn’t mean it that way. Dara come on…” Jiyong said desperately as he followed closely on her heels as she strutted away confidently. He was like a lost puppy, and biting her lip was all Dara could do from not turning around and kissing him.

---

“Go out.” Dara turned and pushed him out of her room.

“Why?” Jiyong pouted and blinked rapidly at her.

“I need to change! Get out!” Dara repeated, not looking at him so she would not fall for his charms.

“I want to watch!” Jiyong said, suddenly cheeky as he winked at her.

“Jiyong!” Dara shouted, suddenly embarrassed.

“Ok ok, I’ll wait outside.” He laughed and then went out.

Aish that guy really knows how to make me blush like a schoolgirl… Dara thought to herself as she walked towards her wardrobe.

Joon’s plan step 1: Wear something y so Ji would feel protective over her. This would raise his manly, protective instinct and put him in emotional turmoil as men stared at her.

Hmm… Dara stared at her wardrobe, contemplating her choices.

---

Jiyong’s jaw dropped when Dara stepped out of the room. He took her by her shoulders, turned her around and pushed her back in. “Change.” He ordered.

Dara resisted and struggled out of his grasp. “No! Why should I? I like it!” She turned to face him, staring him down stubbornly, a smirk forming in her mind as she knew that Joon’s plan had succeeded.

Jiyong’s eyes were wide as he eyed her up and down, his mind struggling for a reason but he couldn’t find one. “It’s… it’s too revealing….” He mumbled and looked away shyly.

Dara was dressed in a tight white dress with a plunging neckline. She had on a pushup bra that accentuated her cleavage, making sure that attention was drawn to her cleavage. The dress barely skimmed her , showing off her long, slim legs.

All Jiyong wanted was to hide her away in his cupboard so that only he could see her, and no one else could witness her iness.

But Dara just pushed past him and stormed out with a naughty smirk on her face.

---

He followed her helplessly and speechlessly all the way to the lobby. Everytime he opened his mouth to even make a squeak, Dara would look over and his mouth would go dry from how amazing she looked.

“Dara noona!” Joon spotted her from the lobby. Jiyong saw Dara’s face light up in a smile and his heart immediately sank.

She ran over and gave Joon a tight hug. Jiyong gripped his phone tightly. His men materialized by his side, their hands near their guns. “Any instructions, boss?” One of the men whispered darkly.

“No. Stop. We are not some cheap gangsters anymore. Stop behaving like one!” He reprimanded his men, releasing his anger on them since he promised Dara to be a better man. One worthy of her. So he grit his teeth and watched as Joon slid one hand around Dara’s waist, holding her close to him.

He bit down so hard on his tongue that it bled. But he did not say a word as he followed them out of the hotel.

---

They first went to a cinema.

“Dara noona…” Joon purposely crooned in a sickly sweet voice and batted his eyelashes at Dara.

They were standing in front of movie posters and timings, deciding what to watch, and Joon and Dara were standing hip-to-hip, making Jiyong rage like hell. Jiyong had tagged along and was pretending not to care, but his presence alone spoke volumes about how much he cared for Dara and how offended he was by Joon. If he had his way, the murderous look in his eyes would be enough to send Joon to the depths of hell…

Dara leaned her head on Joon’s shoulder, looking contemplatively at the movie posters, as if having a hard time deciding which to watch.

But in reality, she was watching Jiyong from the corner of her eye.

She bit her inner cheek to keep from bursting out in laughter when Jiyong’s expression darkened.

A jealous Jiyong was so fun to watch. Especially when she knew that the reason was her.

She sneaked an arm around Joon in a quick embrace and whispered, “Thanks.” to her lovely intern.

But even that did not escape Jiyong’s gaze. It was the final straw.

In three steps, he yanked Dara’s arm from Joon’s waist and placed her arm on HIS waist instead. He roughly pushed the boy such that he stumbled away, slightly in shock from the sudden action. Then he put an arm around Dara’s shoulders in a protective position.

Clearing his throat, Jiyong said, “Erhmmm… hmm… we’ll watch this. I heard it’s good.” Then, he swiftly spun around and stalked off to the ticketing counter, Dara still glued to his side, not that she minded of course.

---

Jiyong mentally slapped himself for overwhelming stupidity when the first ghost made its appearance onscreen. “Fool!” He cursed himself inwardly. Of all things, he just had to blindly pick a horror movie! Idiot!

In the movie theater, Dara was sitting in the middle of the boys, on her insistence.

So when Jiyong turned to Dara to apologise for his bad choice of movies and the second ghost appeared, he was forced to witness Dara scream and turn to hug Joon. His eyes widened as Joon caressed her face gently and turned to whisper comforting words to her.

Jiyong was about to die from jealousy. But not before he killed this boy slowly with a thousand knifes through his kidneys and liver!!!

Without knowing what he was doing, he stood up and moved to stand in front of Joon.

“Move.” He ordered in his deadliest voice that normally sent the worst gang leaders trembling. He pointed to the empty seat beside Joon.

Dara felt the shadow of Jiyong, blocking the screen, and lifted her head momentarily.

When she saw his y glare, directed at her to remove her arms, her heart melted and all ahe wanted to do was to jump into his arms.

She quickly removed her arms from Joon and Joon immediately moved to give his seat to Jiyong before the man burnt a hole through his face.

Satisfied, Jiyong took his place in between Joon and Dara.

So when the third ghost appeared, he was all ready for Dara to hide in his embrace. His heart pounded from pride and happiness as Dara lay trembling in his embrace. He reached to hold her closer to him, straining against the armrest. Dara’s head was nestled in the crook of his neck and he her hair softly. He turned towards her slightly to take a deep whiff of her hair and closed his eyes in bliss.

“Jiyong, you can let go of me now… I think the ghost has gone away…” Jiyong heard Dara mumble against his neck as she released him from her embrace.

He peeked from the corner of his eye. Hmm yes the ghost was gone.

“No, it’s still there!” He whispered urgently into her ear and brought her back into his embrace, slightly pushing her head back to his shoulder. “Oppa will protect you.” He murmured into her ear, sending delicious shivers down her back. She knew Jiyong was lying, but what did she care? She liked their position too much to call him out on his lie.

After a while, her back hurt from the position so she moved back slightly to look at Jiyong. They were looking at each other nose to nose, and in the darkness, Dara drank in Jiyong’s beauty from the light of the movie screen. His dark, expressive eyes looked at her curiously. They were fixated on her face, as if trying to memorise each and every feature, crook and cranny.

After holding his breath-taking gaze for a while, Dara suddenly felt embarrassed and let her gaze fall, so he wouldn’t notice.

Jiyong’s sharp eyes noticed the faint blush that grew on Dara’s cheeks, even in the darkness and smiled slightly. He cupped her face in his hands and rested his forehead on hers. “I never stopped loving you.” He whispered, his lips millimeters from hers. Then he released her and went back to watching the movie.

He felt her gaze on him and his heart pounded crazily from happiness. He reached out his hand to turn Dara’s head back to the screen and then reached to grasp one of her hands in his.

He felt her surprise at his touch, but held on even more, interlacing her fingers with his.

---

“Noona, did you enjoy the movie?” Joon asked on their way out of the theatre. If they thought he did not notice their furtive ways, they were wrong. Hehehehe…

Joon watched a blush form on both Jiyong’s and Dara’s faces with satisfaction. All the best, noona! Joon thought with much love for his beloved noona.

Dara blushed even harder, knowing that her intern had witnessed all their hand-holding, hugs and almost-kisses in the theatre and felt suddenly embarrassed.

“Umm…ummm… I’m hungry.” She suddenly blurted out, stammering. She tried to walk away but realized that Jiyong was still holding her hand. Her eyes widened and she suddenly didn’t know how to feel. She was supposed to make Jiyong realize the extent of his love for her, and Joon said that if she fell for his tricks and player ways too easily, he wouldn’t feel the need to treat her right in future!

She quickly yanked her hand out of Jiyong’s and ran over to Joon and put a hand on the crook of his arm and let him lead her away.

“Well done, noona!” Joon praised her softly as he led them toward a sushi restaurant.

From the corner of his eyes, he saw Jiyong hopping with rage and suppressed a giggle.

---

“Joon, say ahhhhh…” Dara lifted up a piece of tuna with her chopsticks and was trying to feed Joon.

Joon opened his mouth and accepted the sushi from across the table. He chewed and gave Dara a cute eye-smile.

“Oooh my cute dongsaeng-ah!” Dara crooned and clapped happily, giving him a beautiful eye-smile in return.

Jiyong wanted to puke, just watching the exchange.

But he suddenly plotted something.

He picked up an egg sushi with his chopsticks and turned to Dara. “Dara I know you like this. Ahhhh…” He waved the sushi in front of Dara’s mouth, making the girl light up in delight at the sushi.

“SUSHI!!!” Dara exclaimed in delight before opening and waiting for Jiyong to put it in.

But just before he placed the sushi in , the sushi suddenly changed direction and ended up in Jiyong’s mouth instead!

“Hey!” Dara protested strongly as she stared at Jiyong, hanging open in disbelief.

Jiyong looked at her with a naughty expression for a second. “You want?” He muttered with a full mouth, pointing at his mouth and then hers.

She frowned and before she could close her jaw and reply, Jiyong’s lips were suddenly upon hers, one of his hands grasping her chin to keep her head in place.

She felt him push the unchewed sushi into and then his tongue the roof of slow and ily.

Jiyong finally pulled away and pushed her jaw shut while she stared at him from shock.

Even Joon, who was sitting opposite them, was staring in shock, such that some rice fell from his mouth.

Hyung daebak… Joon thought when he finally recovered from shock…

Finally, Dara recovered from the shock too and blinked furiously. She wanted to interrogate Jiyong on his actions, but was full.

“Don’t waste food. Chew and swallow.” Jiyong simply said as he pretended nothing had happened. He lifted a cup of tea to his lips, pretending to drink nonchalantly, secretly smirking into the cup.

Bingo. Now let’s see if Joon still dared lay a finger on his woman now.

---

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I know, I know... I'm really sorry for the slow update!!! 

I've just been really busy giving tuition and making money HAHAHAHA

Well on the bright side, I got back my A level results early Marchand I did relatively well so I'M GOING TO COLLEGE SOON HEEHEE

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Do comment and subscribe *hugs*

Love you all!

-hannahnah