Vol. 2 Chap. 11 "Jonghyun"

Playing Cupids

The next day, Yoona was awaken with noises outside her room. She found that she's the only one in the room. She lazily went to look at herself in the mirror and saw her eyes were puffy from crying last night. She peeked at the commotion outside and saw FTI and CNB boys having breakfast with her groupmates. She hurriedly went inside the bathroom and made herself presentable. She was excited, anticipating to meet a certain boy.

"Unnie!" Seohyun called out to her as soon as step out of the house, "come and have some breakfast. The boys prepared them, all we have to do is eat."

"Noona!" Minhwan said handing her a plate, "do try the chicken, I cooked it." He said with a smile. Yoona smiled back and began putting food on her plate while scanning her surroundings. She found Jonghoon and Hongki talking with Taeyeon and Yuri. She laughed a bit when she saw the two tallest boys in the group playing frisbee with Sunny, Tiffany and Jessica but she laughed more when she saw Hyoyeon and Sooyoung teaching Jaejin and Seunghyun to dance. When she saw Yonghwa's head on Seohyun's lap who were both reading she felt a pang of jealousy, not because she likes Yonghwa, but how she wish she's like that with the boy she can't seem to find anywhere.

"Ah Minhwan, where is Jonghyun?" She asked the younger boy.

Minhwan looked around, "I don't know... He was still here a moment ago. He was talking with Jonghoon hyung, Hongki hyung, Yuri noona and  Taeyeon noona over there." he said while pointing to Jonghoons group.

"He's not here. He just left. He went home." Hongki said as he took a piece of chicken in Yoona's plate.

"Is that so?" Yoona said disappointingly.

"Don't worry, he specifically told me to take care of you today." Hongki said as he took another piece of chicken.

"Did he really now? Don't worry Lee Hongki, I can take care of myself." Yoona said with a hint of annoyance.

"Much as I want to spend time with other girls today, I can't. He made me promise not to let you out of my site today and I always keep my promises." Hongki said with a smile. "By the way, shall we join everyone? Yonghwa hyung's planning to give us a tour around Busan."

"Fine by me. What time are we leaving?"

"In about an hour or so."

 

Their first stop was the beach where the YongSeo couple went when they were still in WGM. They had a bravery contest there. The winner can choose a day to boss everyone for the whole day. They will have to stand, legs and hands apart palms facing up with shrimp crackers all over their hands, shoulders and all around them. The first ones to try were Yonghwa, Jonghoon, and Hongki. Much to everyones fun, as soon as the boys saw the herd of seagulls flying toward them, they all ran away and shrieked like girls.

The next group were the younger boys, Jungshin, Minhyuk, Jaejin, Minhwan and Seunghyun. All were making fun of their hyungs telling them that they were all cowards. They positioned themselves and the girls hurriedly put the shrimp crackers on the boys. When the boys saw the seagulls coming, they all started to scream on top of their lungs thinking they'd scared the birds away. Much to their disappointment, the birds continue to fly closer to them, they too got scared and ran away as fast as they can.

As soon as the boys calmed down, they asked the girls if they also want to try. All of them declined except for Yoona who was really not paying attention to them. "Yoona, do you want to try?" Asked Hongki. Yoona realized that Hongki just asked her a question "Yes." she answered without even really understanding what the question was.

"Really? You will do it?" Taeyeon asked Yoona disbelievingly.

"I did say yes did I?!" Yoona said.

"You have guts girl." Jonghoon said.

"Yoona fighting!" Everyone shouted at her.

Hongki then led her in the middle of the beach. Yoona then looked at him questioningly, "what am I supposed to do?" she asked stopping Hongki on his tracks.

"What? You agreed to do it without even knowing what it is? Are you that stupid?" Hongki said.

"I'm not stupid and whatever it is I agreed to do, I'll finish it until the end." Yoona said convincingly.

Hongki then explained to her what she needs to do and she began to get pale. "Do you still want to do this?" Hongki asked. "Jonghyun will surely kill me if something bad will happen to you."

"Forget about him, he's not here to protect me right now. Let's just do this." Yoona said with hurt in her voice.

"But you were the one who told him to give you time and space. He's just doing what you asked." Hongki said as he prepared the shrimp crackers around her.

The seagulls began to fly toward her but all she can think about was what Hongki just told her. "So you mean he told you everything we talked about last night?" She shouted at Hongki not really minding the coming seagulls.

"Not everything," Hongki shouted back as he hurriedly walk away from Yoona "just the part when you asked him for space to know what you really feel."

"You're friend is stupid! He left me alone. What if the stalker appears? Who will protect me?" She was getting mad for some reason. The seagulls were feeding on her palms and the shrimp around her and still she's not minding it.

"Can't you see everyone's around you right now? He made all of us promise to accompany you today and the rest of the vacation to keep you safe. He said since he can't protect you this time he wants all of us to do it for you."

The seagulls then one by one flew away from her since the shrimp crackers were near it's extinction. Yoona put down her hands and put in on her face, she again began to cry. Hongki ran towards her, shielding her from their friends. It was a good thing they were far enough from their friends to hear them.

"Yoona, calm down. Don't make them see you like this. They'll worry about you."

"I'm sorry, I don't want to burden them with my problems. Stupid Jonghyun, putting everyone in danger."

"You gave him no choice. This is the only way he knows to keep you safe. And don't worry about all of us, all of us wanted to do this. Jonghyun didn't force us to do this, we actually volunteered to do this." Hongki said and smiled at Yoona. "If I were you, you should start thinking who Jonghyun is for you. I know him, he meant what he said. He'd really let you go if that's what you want. He will never force himself on you. As much as I want to talk to you about this, you need to get yourself together. They're coming right now."

Just then Yoona was surrounded with 8 girls and 8 boys. All were congratulating her for her bravery.

 

That night, after everyone had dinner in the boys cottage, Yoona decided to take a walk outside. She then heard someone playing the guitar, she followed the source of the music and saw someone on the swing playing his guitar. She ran towards the person but much to her disappointment it was just Lee Hongki.

"I didn't know you play the guitar." Yoona said as soon as she saw him.

"Oh you're here? I thought everyone was still inside. To answer your question, I do play the guitar. Though not as good as the two guitar freaks from FNC." He said smiling at her. "Would you like to join me? Have a seat." He said as he pat the free space beside him. Yoona smiled back and sat beside him.

"This place is really beautiful and peaceful." Yoona said.

"It really is. That's why Jonghyun offered this place to your president, he knew how you girls badly needed to have this break. He knew this is the only place in Korea where you will be safe. He wanted you to have a break that's free from stress and stalkers."

"And let me guess, you helped him formulate this plan?" Yoona asked Hongki.

"I just told him to find the perfect place where he can confess his feelings for you. He told me things always happens when he tries to confess."

"Like what things?" Yoona again asked. Hongki then told her all Jonghyun's attempts to confess, the romantic date, the trip to Namsam and others. Yoona can't believe what she's hearing. It was her first time hearing about all of it.

"You mean that romantic dinner was not planned by SM or FNC?"

"No. I laughed hard when I heard you're question. You really thought all those attempts were plan to convince others?"

"Yes!"

"You are one weird girl."

"Can you blame me? We were supposed to act all the time."

"I know. That's why he asked me for help. He was so nervous last night when he sent you that message to join him here. I was really expecting you two to get together last night. I was shocked when he came to my room and told me what happened. I thought you'd just say yes to him."

Yoona stared the sea in front of her. "Am I wrong Hongki for asking him to leave me alone?"

"No. You were right and that's why he agreed to your request. He too doesn't want you to be involved with if you're not 100% sure of your feelings for him."

"Do you think I love him?"

"Only you can answer that."

"I think I love him. But I'm scared to love anyone at the moment especially him."

"Why?"

"I'm scared that if I let myself fall in love with him, I'd hurt him in the end."

"Hurt him? Are you already planning to dump him before even getting together?"

"I didn't mean it that way. With this stalker and all, I'm scared he'd get hurt because of me."

"Don't worry about that, he can take care of himself."

"I know, but knowing he'd get hurt because of me? It's too painful even just to think about it."

"You do like him do you?"

"Yes I do. But is it the same as love?"

"Do you have anyone you want to be closest to you right now? Someone you want to share everything? Someone you're willing to sacrifice your own happiness just to make that person happy? Someone you know you can't live without?"

"I do."

"Is it a boy?"

"Yes."

"Is his name Lee Jonghyun?"

Yoona smiled at Hongki's question. The boy smiled at her back. "Yes."

"Then I think you get your answer to your question."

Yoona looked at the moon, smiled. She then turned to Hongki and kissed his cheeks. "What was that for?" Hongki asked surprised at what she did.

"Thank you Hongki. You're really a good friend. You're the angel of love. You got Seohyun and Yong Oppa together, now you're getting me and Jonghyun together."

"Am I really successful again?" Hongki asked grinning widely.

"Almost. I have a plan, it's now your turn to help me. Okay?"

"You can use your prize today? You can even boss everyone for a whole day."

"Is that the prize I won today?"

"Yah! Were you really not paying attention to what I was telling you?"

"I'm sorry, my minds pretty occupied by a certain boy today." Yoona said apologizing to Hongki.

Just then they heard sounds of instruments being tuned. They looked at each other knowingly and ran back to the cottage. True enough, they saw the boys were setting up the instruments. "What's happening here?" Hongki asked no one in particular.

"Oh, we've decided to have a jam session." Yonghwa who was tuning his guitar told Hongki. Minhwan sat behind the drumset, Jungshin got his bass guitar, Yonghwa and Jonghoon on the guitar and Seunghyun on the keyboards. Minhyuk and Jaejin were assigned to grill some burgers much to Seohyun's dismay. Yonghwa then threw the mic to Hongki and every girls screamed as if they were fangirls.

"Everyone, welcome to a very special Jam Session by the FNC Boys!" Hongki said as if he's on stage. Any requests from the audience?"

"How about you sing Promise by ANJell?" Tiffany shouted.

"That's a weird request." Hongki said.

"Why? We really want to see a live performance of that song? You even have your own version of the song. Come on, sing it!" Tiffany insisted and the girls joined in.

Jonghoon then started the first note and Minhwan joined it. Soon the whole band was playing and Hongki started singing. The girls began to dance and sing along to the music. As Yonghwa began his rap part, his eyes were only on one girl and that girl also has only him in her eyes too while the others decided to just ignore them. Everyone was panting when the song ended, well except for Minhyuk and Jaejin who were now surrounded by smoke.

Jonghyun then came up to the two boys but signalled them to be quiet. He smiled when he saw Yoona was having fun with everyone. "Hyung, aren't you going in? I know you're dying to join them too." Minhyuk said.

"No, I'll just stay here with you guys."

"Really hyung? You'd rather help us than join them?" Jaejin asked.

"No, I was here just checking up on things when I saw the smoke. It thought the villa was on fire. I never knew 91 liners are bad at grilling." He then laughed a bit loudly making Yoona notice him. Their eyes met, no one dared to look away, Jonghyun then smiled at her and she smiled back. He motioned for her to continue having fun and again she smiled continued to dance.

Jonghyun stared at her until  he had his fill. He then smiled at the two boys "I'll be leaving now. I'm warning you, if you ever burn down my villa, I'll make you pay for everything."

"Wait hyung? You're leaving? You're not even letting them know that you came?" Asked Minhyuk.

"It's okay. Just let them have fun. Bye." With that Jonghyun left. Yoona after a short while came out running. "Where is he?" she asked.

"Who?" asked Jaejin.

"Jonghyun!" She told Jaejin.

"He left a while ago." Minhyuk answered.

"Do you know where he's going?" she asked the two.

"Nope. He just said he came here to check up on things then he left." Jaejin said.

"Which direction did he go?" Jaejin then pointed to her the way and Yoona ran trying to catch up to him.

After running for sometime, Yoona realized that maybe Jonghyun's been long gone. She fell on her knees exhaustion catching up to her. Then she heard someone walking towards her, thinking it was Jonghyun she turned around but only to find herself face to face with her stalker.

 

A/N: Yippeeee! I was able to update tonight. Thank you everyone who were concerned with my health. I'm feeling better now. I hope you like this chapter. My angel of love was so adorable in this chapter. He's such a true friend. Some of you might think that this couple is ending soon, believe me, they're not. I love writing about them. They're cute.

Thank you to all who subscribed and commented. Please keep those comments coming. Tell me how to improve the story. And please do take part in the new poll.

If your answer is no please suggest the girl you want to pair with the FNC boy you like.