Day 5

Broadcast yourself

There's unexpected warmth underneath him when Junhong arises out of his slumber the next morning.

He snuggles closer to the source and is about to drift back into sleep when the booming sound of music slowly registers in his head.

His mobile is going off with Jepp's song once more and he's about to turn and reach for it when an arm winds around his waist and holds him in place.

"No...stay," a hoarse voice mumbles into the strands of his hair and Junhong halts his breath.

He takes a deep intake of air to his lungs and the scent of Yongguk invades his nostrils, making his head spin and pulse race.

Everything crashes down on him within seconds, the way Yongguk's arm holds him close and presses him just a bit tighter against him, Junhong's head resting on the elder’s chest and the calm, regular beating of his heart underneath layers of fabric and skin resonating in his ear.

He registers the way their legs are entangled and the way Yongguk plays with the tips of his fingers mindlessly.

Junhong swallows and blinks, the music stops and Yongguk sighs.

He feels the elder placing a kiss on top of his head and Junhong smiles into the fabric stretching over Yongguk's chest.

"Good morning," the boy underneath him mumbles, voices still drenched with sleep and rough around the edges.

Junhong's hand moves on its own accord, intertwines their fingers and he softly rubs his thumb along the back of the other's hand.

"Morning..." he murmurs and his heart throbs a little faster because waking up in Yongguk’s arms feels oddly normal and indescribably perfect.

“How did you sleep?” the rapper asks as he runs his free hand affectionately through Junhong's hair.

“Amazing,” Junhong breathes and feels Yongguk's chest shake as he chuckles.

“Me too,” he says sleepily and Junhong wants to close his eyes and go back to sleep because it's just so perfect but the sound of his mobile going off once more destroys his plan.

He rolls off of Yongguk who groans in disapproval and reaches for the noisy device.

The ringing stops before Junhong gets to swipe his finger over the display and he checks his call logs to find two missed calls form his best friend.

The little clock in the upper right corner states 12:32 pm and Junhong stares at the numbers for a good 5 seconds before he registers the fact that they managed to sleep though half of his last day in Seoul.

“It's noon,” he states and Yongguk hums once before his eyes snap open.

“What do you mean it's noon?”

 

Their bubble of coziness busts in an instant as Yongguk jolts up to stare at the numbers on Junhong's phone.

He groans and reluctantly untangles himself from the boy in his arms, hoisting Junhong to his feet as soon as he's got footing.

“We gotta hurry,” he says and Junhong nods.

 

They get ready in a rush, Junhong can hear the water running while Yongguk takes a shower and he fumbles with the hem of his shirt nervously until the other leaves the bathroom, fully dressed but hair dripping with water.

Junhong wants to kiss away the droplets that run over his temple down to his jaw but instead he makes a bee line around Yongguk and quickly jumps under the spray.

 

They hop into Yongguk's Civic shortly after and make a short stop at the coffee shop for a double- espresso -venti-latte, just in case Himchan is already waiting for them at the studio, angry and coffee deprived.

The ride to the studio is filled with silent awkwardness but it's not quite the kind that makes Junhong uncomfortable, it's just that he doesn't know how to act around Yongguk right now.

The easiness he felt waking up in Yongguk's embrace has worn off and got replaced by a jittery feeling underneath his skin that he can't really determine.

He's not sure where to place his hands so he keeps them folded in his lap as he tries to figure out whether to say anything or not.

The elder glances over at him once in a while, sending him a kind of shy smile and Junhong knows Yongguk's thoughts aren't far from his own but even with the kind of uncertainty and the question of -What are we now?- lingering in the air, Junhong feels too overwhelmed by the sparks he feels within his chest to really dwell on it.

As they stop at a red traffic-light Yongguk's hand reaches over to lay on top of Junhong's folded hands and Junhong can feel the exact moment when his heart skips a beat before picking up it's pace again.

He unclasps his fingers and turns his hand in Yongguk's loose hold so the elder can slip his fingers in between his.

He's squeezing just lightly and Junhong's lips mold into a shy but happy smile.

“It's green,” he murmurs and runs his thumb over Yongguk's hand before the elder takes it back reluctantly to shift the gears.

Junhong can still feel the weight of Yongguk's palm against his even three blocks down and a couple turns later when they arrive at the studio.

 

“Where have you been?” Himchan growls as soon as the two of them set foot into the studio.

The boy gets up from his spot on the couch, walking towards Yongguk with his finger pointing at him.

“Overslept,” Yongguk states bashfully and offers Himchan the cup of steaming coffee but the dark haired boy rolls his eyes and groans.

“Not now,” he growls once more and finally snatches the paper cup from his friend's hand, making a face when he burns the tip of his tongue at the first sip.

“Last night!” he cries then and Junhong holds his breath.

“Oh...” Yongguk swallows, his eyes noticeably darting to Junhong for a second.

“I went to your place, I went to the studio, heck I called you 3 times in a row! I needed some consultation from my so called best friend you know!” the black haired boy wails and his lips mold into a pout.

“Well...” the elder rapper starts, trying to come up with something.

“You hocked up some chick? Don't tell me you let chicks get in between us! It's bros before hos you know?” Himchan cries, hands gesturing in the air dramatically.

“I was with Junhong,” Yongguk states truthfully, his voice calm and steady and Junhong blinks in shock. He's not sure he's ready for Himchan to know about things that Junhong himself can hardly wrap in words at the moment.

“Oh...” Himchan exhales, almost disappointed of losing his point in wailing, the statement completely stealing his thunder for a moment but then he's gazing at Junhong who can't meet his eyes at all, staring at the tips of his shoes with red tinted cheeks.

The gears start to turn in Himchan’s head and even tough he's not always the brightest bulb in the box, he seems to put one and one together rather quickly and after a while it seems to click.

His eyes dart to Yongguk, wide and staggered when he spots the faint red sheen covering his friend’s cheeks and ears.

“Oh!” the dark haired boy says again, color drained from his face except a light pink spreading over his cheeks.

A flood of –Oh…oh…wow…- leaves the elder’s lips as his eyes dart back and forth in between the two rappers.

Junhong feels like denying whatever Himchan is picturing in his head because his thoughts obviously go into a much more intimate direction but Yongguk beats him to it.

“Channie, please.”

It’s not quite the denial Junhong had hoped for but it shuts the dark haired boy up anyway, for a moment.

“So…you and him?” he starts anew, finger pointing from on to the other and Yongguk rolls his eyes despite the red tint of his cheeks.

“Himchan!” Yongguk’s voice is loud, not angry but loud and pleading for the other to drop the matter, the tone kind of holds the promise of explanation at a different time though.

“Not letting your best friend in on what’s going on, huh? Ok, I won’t let you in on my news either.”

Himchan says and crosses his arms before his chest, coffee in one hand and pout back into place as he not so efficiently glares at Yongguk.

 

Junhong’s mobile chimes just when Himchan’s lips part anew and he’s probably never been happier about it than in this moment.

He gestures to his phone and slips through the door when the two elder nod.

 

“I got a stalker!” Is the first thing that draws through the speaker as soon as he picks up the call.

“Hello to you too, Jongup,” Junhong chuckles even though his palms are now sweaty and his legs feel rather shaky.

“No! No! There’s this guy who liked my channel…and he’s been sending me messages and stuff” Junhong's brows shoot to his hairline and he scoffs.

“Nobody knows about your channel,” he says and unfortunately it’s true, nobody cares about them dancing or about Junhong’s rap, well nobody except Jepp Blackman.

A smile steals its way onto Junhong’s lips while Jongup keeps whining.

“Well that guy does obviously!” Jongup sounds pretty churned up and Junhong thinks it’s kind of cute how his voice turns just a pitch higher.

“So you talked to him?” he asks and Jongup falls silent for a second before speaking again.

“Uhm...yes…kind of…he seemed nice and all but it’s a new channel and I don’t even know his name…Junhong, I’m freaking out here! He keeps calling me puppy!”

Jongup’s voice cracks at the last sentence and Junhong’s brows knit for a moment before his lips break into a grin.

He’s got a tiny idea who Jongup’s stalker might be and somehow it helps to make his legs feel more stable again.

“Wait a second,” he says and hears the cried plea of –No don’t leave me alone.- from Jongup but he’s already stepping back through the door.

His hands are still sweaty and his pulse is raging because it’s just a guess and maybe he’s wrong and that would be embarrassing but it’s too obvious, he just can’t be wrong.

He clears his throat and two heads turn into his direction as the two cut their conversation short.

There’s a little awkward smile playing on his lips and he takes a deep breath before speaking.

 

“Himchan hyung…” he says and the dark haired boy blinks at him, actually points a finger to his own chest as if it’s weird for Junhong to address him, maybe it is.

“Please stop stalking my friend…you’re scaring him,” he says and it takes a mere second for Yongguk to break into laughter and even less time for Himchan’s cheeks to flare in a deep red color.

 

“I’m not stalking him!” the handsome boy argues and now even Junhong has to laugh.

Jongup at the other end of the line doesn’t laugh at all.

“You know my stalker!?” he asks when Junhong is back on the phone.

“Well kind of…I think we’re friends somehow,” Junhong mumbles but Himchan picks up the words anyway.

The dark haired boy's features mold from an embarrassed pout to a broad grin, stretching from ear to ear, within the quarter of a second.

 

“Friends? Bang Yongguk have you heard that!? The prodigy said we’re friends! I’m so honored! Junhong I love you too!”

 

Himchan’s voice is loud and ringing again and Yongguk laughs once more, eyes darting over to Junhong who smiles at him.

It’s a nice feeling to say it out loud; they are friends, have become friends in just that short amount of time.

Himchan and him, Daehyun and him, Youngjae and him and also Yongguk and him, even though he feels that when it comes to Yongguk the term friend becomes a little understatement.

 

He hears Jongup's voice sounding form the speaker of his phone and lifts it back to his ear.

“You got a lot of explaining to do when you get back here!” Jongup growls not really fiercely into the speaker and it sounds so much like disappointment from being left out.

“I guess,” Junhong hums and his eyes dart to the tall, handsome rapper still quietly chuckling about the dark haired male.

“Want me to pick you up tomorrow?” his best friend asks and the smile on Junhong's lips falters.

He's got less than 24 hours to spend with the person he's grown so fond of, the mere thought alone makes his chest clench in pain.

“You would even if I said no,” he snickers into the phone and Jongup laughs.

 

Himchan is sitting on the couch again, happily sipping on his coffee when Junhong finishes his call.

He wonders for a moment if the topic of Yongguk and him will be dropped but with Himchan he's almost a 100% sure it won't be.

“Why were you trying to scare Junhong's friend?” Yongguk asks as he slides onto the couch next to his friend, eying him from the side as he unscrews a bottle of water.

“I wasn't trying to scare him! I was trying to befriend him! And that is not even the point here....”

Himchan bites into the cup in his hand and his eyes dart from Junhong to Yongguk once more.

“Why haven't you told me about this?” he asks gesturing at the two of them.

Junhong looks at Yongguk a little uncertain because really, they haven't defined anything yet and he's not sure they can do so already so he's got no idea what to say to Himchan now.

Yongguk sighs and lets himself fall back into the couch.

“We just happened. There was no time to be like -Hey I got to tell Himchan-,” Yongguk murmurs and Junhong thinks that is exactly what happened as simple as it sounds.

“Well there should have been.” the dark haired male groans as Junhong's gaze lingers on Yongguk, noting the faint red tint on his cheeks and the way he nervously plays with his fingers now.

It's odd to think of Jepp Blackman as cute but right then and there Junhong feels like he's never seen anything more adorable, he can almost read Yongguk's thoughts because they seem similar to his own.

They really can't say how or why it happened, Junhong still can't say why he kissed Yongguk but he knows it felt right, waking up in Yongguk's arms felt right too and feeling his heart hammering against his ribcage whenever he looks at the rapper feels more than right as well.

There is a moment of silence stretching on until Himchan smashes his empty cup onto the table and looks at Junhong.

“Does he hate me?” he asks and Junhong blinks confused before he catches up to the sudden change in topic.

He almost wants to hug Himchan for not poking the topic further.

“He'll come around.” Junhong tries to assure the boy and Himchan nods before clapping his hands.

 

“Ok guys, now that you're finally here and we cleared all the necessary things we got to head out,” he says and Junhong and Yongguk share a look.

“To where?” Yongguk asks and Himchan is already on his feet grabbing for his jacket.

“Daehyun said to get to his place.” the handsome male states and Yongguk frowns.

“Daehyun never invites people over.” the rapper says and Junhong just shrugs because he really doesn't know about these things.

Himchan grins.

“Correction! Daehyun never invites anyone except Youngjae over!” he says with a mischievous glint in his eyes and Yongguk snickers to that.

“That's because Youngjae is the only one stupid enough to pay for takeaways,” he laughs and Junhong can picture that scene even though he never witnessed.

 

“It's a special occasion,” Himchan says with a wink towards Junhong and then he's already out the door calling after them to hurry up.

 

Junhong swings his backpack onto his shoulders again, the weight of his notebooks pressing down on his back, one of the edges sticking into his ribs like a silent reminder.

He's still hasn't found the guts to show them to Yongguk, despite everything he can't just hand them over and ask him to have a look especially not after he's filled a couple pages with rather obvious lines and scribbles after their kiss in the studio.

Yongguk is already at the door about to step out when Junhong makes a decision.

“Oh right! I forgot something,” he says and hopes his lie doesn't show.

Yongguk his head but nods anyway so Junhong dashes back to the small studio room.

His heart beats rapidly in his chest as he s his backpack and takes out the notebooks.

He flips through the pages quickly, his palms sweaty as he places one after the other onto the stack of lyric notes in the corner.

Before he places the last notebook onto the others he flips to the last pages, rips out three of them and stuffs them into his backpack.

He takes a deep breath as he looks at his notes lying with Jepp Blackman's…Yongguk's works.

There's a call of his name and Junhong hurries out of the door again, a smile on his lips and a soft red tint to his ears when he walks towards the elder.

“Found it, let's go.”

 

They climb into Yongguk's car with Himchan complaining about the fact that he's got to sit in the back seat.

Junhong offers to sit in the back instead but Himchan pouts and slumps in his seat not moving a muscle.

“I'll let you lovebirds have the moment,” he groans, the annoyance in his voice clearly feigned.

Junhong's cheeks burn up in an instant and Yongguk seems uncomfortable for a second as well but Himchan seems to enjoy the sight as he starts snickering and his hand comes to lay on Junhong's shoulder to squeeze it.

 

Youngjae is the on swinging the door open to welcome the three of them into Daehyun's home.

The blond boy welcomes Yongguk with a pat on his shoulder and nods at Junhong before he finds himself with his arms full of Himchan who's squeezing the life out of him as Youngjae's face molds into an annoyed frown.

“Enough skin ship!” he growls and pushes the boy off of him, glaring at him as he gestures for the others to step into the living room.

 

Junhong can't really find words to describe the feeling that sets in his stomach as his eyes land on the line of paper sheets hung to the wall reading “Come back ASAP” in bold letters.

The table in front is covered with bowls, holding all kinds of sweets and candy and soda cans are stacked up on the floor along with a couple of beer cans he spots in between.

He's touched, to say the least and Himchan doesn't really help that feeling when he throws an arm over his shoulder and shouts -Surprise- quite loudly into his ear.

 

Junhong turns his head to Yongguk who seems equally surprised at the sight, the boy his head and the rapper just shrugs while his lips mold into a huge smile.

 

“You didn't know?” Junhong mouths to him and Yongguk shakes his head.

Yongguk takes a step toward the two and grins at Himchan who's still holding on to Junhong.

“Did you come up with this?” he asks and Himchan points to his chest before his lips draw a pout.

“No for once it wasn't Himchan's stupid idea to set up a surprise party and make his so called best friend slave hours in the kitchen to cook five different dishes,” Youngjae growls from the side and crosses his arms in front of his chest.

He winces when a hand hits him hard on the back of his head.

“It's not stupid!” Daehyun says from behind the boy, voice muffled by his mask.

 

Junhong just stands dumbfounded as he stares at the brunette vocal.

Of all the people he met during his stay he least expected Jung Daehyun to throw him a farewell party.

 

“This was your idea?” Yongguk asks, his disbelieve obvious in his tone.

Daehyun nods proudly and removes the mask from his face, a bright grin molding onto his lips.

 

“It's actually just an excuse to make Youngjae suffer,” he says with a snicker and the blond boy throws his hands up in the air.

“See! That's the kind of friend he is!” Youngjae groans and Himchan lets go of Junhong finally to wrap his arms around the boy's frame instead.

“It's okay Jae. You still got me,” he coos and the vocal growls and elbows the handsome male in the ribs, making him tumble backwards.

“Too much skin ship!” the blond hisses and suddenly everyone is laughing.

 

They gather around the table and Junhong's heart skips a beat when Yongguk comes to sit next to him, his hand brushing against his own in a short but calculated touch before withdrawing again.

 

He figures that whenever the vocal couple and Himchan clash everything turns just a little louder, a little exaggerated and even though Junhong is not a very loud person he certainly enjoys the way the others chit chat and toss jokes left and right.

It's Himchan's slip of tongue that has the boys taunt him for trying to call Yongguk in the middle of the night because he found himself a stray.

Junhong doesn't really think the comparison of Jongup to a stray dog fits but the way the vocal couple teases Himchan for his infatuation towards his best friend makes him laugh along anyway.

The three of them drown a couple of beers while Yongguk and him stick to soda and Junhong thinks it's after the third that Daehyun decides to get their karaoke machine into action.

He's clapping along as Himchan growls more than sings into the microphone and denies a couple of times to give a performance himself until Yongguk asks him to do a duet of “No diggity” with him.

Youngjae is giving a heartbreaking and no less ear wrecking performance of Frank Ocean's Thinking about you when Yongguk speaks up, sniffing the air as his mouth forms the words.

“Do you think it smells kinda burned in here?” he asks and Junhong doesn't even have the time to respond because Daehyun is on his feet in seconds with aloud shriek.

“Yoo Youngjae!” his voice rings from the kitchen and the boy drops his microphone at the yell and dashes over to where Daehyun is standing with his lips pressed in a uncharacteristic thin line.

Himchan is already laughing from his sport on the couch as Junhong and Yongguk make their wait over to the boys.

Whatever dish Youngjae had prepared for them is now dark, black coal and a mush of something that looks more than a little disgusting.

“Well I guess so much to home made dinner,” Daehyun growls with a glare towards Youngjae who just keeps staring at the remains of his hard work.

Yongguk chuckles and steps over to the window to crack it open and let the room air for a moment.

“Ramyun or pizza?” Himchan yells from the living room, mobile phone already in hand and fully in sync the vocal couple replies : “Pizza!”

 

When the food arrives Junhong is quick to scrape some change from his jeans pocket.

He feels like the others invested a lot of time and money in him already and he wants to pay back by at least buying them a warm meal.

He's about to hand the money over when pale fingers wrap around his wrist to stop him.

“You are not paying,” Himchan states, empathizing the you in his sentence and Junhong is close to denying but the dark haired male is already glaring at him before he’s even formed the words in his head.

Junhong is pushed aside as Himchan gestures wildly towards the brunet boy sitting lazily on the couch.

“Jung Daehyun! Hand over your wallet!” he demands more than anything and even though Daehyun wears a sour expression he throws his wallet over when Himchan's eyes grow wide and impatient.

 

“Thank you very much,” he says in a honey coated voice that's not free of trenchancy.

 

They devour the pizza and drinks at what Junhong assumes to be close to light speed and afterward he finds himself engaged in various kinds of party games that the two vocals come up with in their heads.

Yongguk sticks close to his side, occasionally glancing at him with a fond smile that makes Junhong's insides feel warm and fuzzy and as the alcohol level in their friends veins rises the conversations turn messy and the games become hilarious.

 

Junhong really wonders how time always manages to pass faster than normally when it's not supposed to.

He assumes that the phrase “All good things come to an end” exists for the sole reason that time magically runs out at full speed when you talk and laugh and just spend time with people that you're comfortable with.

Good things like bad things come to an end, it's just that the good things get there faster.

The end just seems to pop out of no where when you least want it to and just like that his farewell party comes to a closure more quickly than Junhong would ever want it to.

It's Himchan who's the first to reluctantly excuse himself, Junhong can pretty much understand why he does when he sees the pile of beer cans stacking up to the boy's left, remains of one too many lost bets between him and the vocal couple.

Before he leaves his arms wind around Junhong's form for a good 5 minutes and Junhong can smell the sweet and bitter scent of beer in his breath as he apologizes for not staying longer.

Yongguk has to literally peel him off of Junhong and in a odd kind of way it makes Junhong said to see the dark haired boy wave at him before he slips through the front door.

 

The vocal couple there while seems to have more energy, bickering loudly about the correct pitch of a certain song while alternately sipping on their beers.

They don't even pay attention when Yongguk shifts a little closer to Junhong and leans into him, his hand grabbing hold of Junhong's.

For a while they remain like that, leaning against each other and Junhong wants to remain in that position, with his hand clasped in Yongguk's while he's watching his new friends being the dorks they are.

Eventually a yawn steals it's way into Junhong's system and his eyes feel heavy so he tries to blink the sleepiness away but Yongguk notices anyway.

 

“I guess we should call it a night,” he says in a low voice and Junhong wants to argue but he's already yawning once more.

 

They say good bye to the others who don't seem all too sad about them leaving, Youngjae merely pats Junhong on the shoulder and says he'll see him later and Daehyun waves at him, occupied with stuffing a chocolate bar into his mouth.

 

The engine rumbles loudly when Yongguk turns the ignition and Junhong feels like he will miss the sound of it as well as the cracking noise of the speakers.

As Yongguk drives to the hotel he asks whether Junhong enjoyed the party and the boy can't keep his lips from breaking into a huge smile as he tells him it was more than perfect.

Junhong doesn't state that the best part for him was the half an hour in which he felt Yongguk's palm against his own and his thumb drawing circles against the back of his hand.

 

Letting go of Yongguk tonight is worse than any night before, the whole day has been amazing, starting from the moment Junhong opened his eyes and he doesn't want it to end.

The rapper walks him up to his room but Junhong just can't find it in him to step in.

Instead he remains standing in the open door looking at Yongguk for a moment or two as he holds the other's hand in his own, he loosely weaves their fingers together and plays the long digits with his thumb tickling over the elder's palm.

Yongguk pulls him closer, his arm winding around his waist and Junhong can feel him breathing in against the crook of his neck.

The fuzzy feeling of seeing people here care for him is still stuck in his bones and Junhong can feel the reluctance for parting in every cell of his body.

He snuggles into the elders arm and takes a deep breath, feeling the lightness of the presence mingle with the heaviness of tomorrow.

Junhong inhales deeply because Yongguk smells amazing and he wants to drown in the scent and the feeling of Yongguk's body against his own.

“Do you...want to stay over?” he softly mumbles against Yongguk's chest, the heat on his cheeks burning as the words leave his mouth.

Yongguk takes a step back, his soft hands cupping Junhong's cheeks as he smiles at him and Junhong's heart is raging when he leans forward to plant a sweet, loving kiss onto his forehead.

“I'm going to pick you up tomorrow morning,” he says and Junhong wants to protest but Yongguk's lips catch him in tender kiss and he knows he can't argue.

A succession of small but meaningful words linger at the tip of his tongue but it might be stupid to tell the elder that he's going to miss him when it's not yet time to say good bye.

He winds his arms around the elder's neck instead and hugs him tightly once more before letting go.

“I'll see you tomorrow then,” he agrees reluctantly and Yongguk nods and turns to leave but before he's able to even make one step Junhong pulls him back and presses his lips against his almost desperately.

There's nothing good about their lip lock, only a fierce press of lips on lips, too strong, too forced and too desperate to feel anything but wrong.

Yongguk has to cup his cheeks and push him back a little to turn the kiss more pleasant for both of them, the soothing motion of his thumb running over Junhong's skin calming him down enough until their lips move gently but firm.

Junhong parts his lips and Yongguk takes the invitation, kissing him deeper and stealing the breath from his lungs until they finally part.

They are both breathing heavily and Junhong wants to hold on to Yongguk so badly.

He wants to pull him back into the room, wants to drag him to the bed and not leave it for days until he's too exhausted to even lift a limb but he can tell by the look in the elder's eyes that it's too much to ask for.

“I'll be back in a couple of hours, ok?” Yongguk says as he caresses Junhong's neck and the boy nods reluctantly.

He pushes the elder further into the corridor, further away so he won't be tempted to hold him back, Yongguk has said it once, that they aren't ready for that yet and Junhong knows he's right but he wants to get lost in Yongguk nevertheless.

“Goodnight, hyung,” he mumbles and already starts closing the door, he sees the other wave at him for only a short moment and hear Yongguk's respond shortly before the door falls into lock.

 

 

a/n: Thank you Sanni for beta reading my mess and helping me out whenever i need you >< Without your help I probably wouldn't be able to update this at all...really I owe you food....