Seventeen

Magically in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Where were you yesterday?” Luhan wondered as he was stacking books once again.

“Home,” she answered quietly. She was a lot quiet than before. Even if Exo K gave her a great time at the coffee shop, she still couldn’t get over the fact her parents left this world.

Luhan looked at the Greek writings. “Were you sick?”

She shook her head and didn’t look him in the eye. “No.”

He bit his lip. He knew she didn’t want to talk to him, or anyone.  “Okay.”

Silence took over the library.

(A/N: It’s a library; it’s supposed to be quiet.) Shut up.

“Eunjae?” Luhan called again. The silence is freaking him out.

She didn’t want to look up, but she had to. Her eyes were bloodshot red.

Luhan’s heart softened. “Are you okay?”

She sniffed. “Yeah, I’m fine.” She tried to hide her face again as she dusted the books on the shelf, and rearranged them by height order.

“What should I do?” Luhan thought. He felt like he was being possessed as he made his way towards her.

With her back turned from him, he spun her around and let her head crash on his chest and put his arms around her. He rested his chin on her head.

“Whatever you’re going through,” he crooned. “I hope you’re going to be okay.”

Eunjae’s heart kept beating so fast, but she didn’t notice. She was too busy crying on Luhan’s chest.

Luhan rubbed her back soothingly trying to calm her down.

They stayed like that for a few minutes until Eunjae noticed she made tear stains on Luhan’s shirt.

“Oh my gosh, your shirt… I’m so sorry,” she mumbled as she tried to let go from him, but Luhan’s grip was tight.

Luhan didn’t answer her. He didn’t notice, and he didn’t care.

“Luhan?” Eunjae whispered. “I’m okay now, you can let go.” She really didn’t want him to, but having his arms around her made her heart pound wildly that she felt like she might faint. And that would be pretty embarrassing.

“Oh, heh. Sorry,” Luhan awkwardly said and finally let go of her. “What happened, Eunjae?”

Eunjae bit her lip. “My parents… they’ve been gone for quite some time now. I miss them so much. I feel so alone in this world.” She started to tear up again. “I really miss them. I really do. I just want them back.”

Eunjae gave him the story bit by bit. She was trying not to choke on her words as she told him what happened years ago. He listened and didn’t speak a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter