In a Blink of an Eye

Double update, double update~ Who doesn't love double updates~ haha well this is my sorry excuse for an apology for not updating daily and making the other chapter short. I feel really lazy this summer and yeah... Sorry. WARNING. THIS WAS WRITTEN AT 2 AM AS FAST AS I COULD SO... YEAH... I GUESS YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT...

 

 

 

The next day, Sunjeung awakes to the sound of a loud crashing sound, like cooking pots being dropped. Feeling something like deja vu happening, she sat up on her bed and rubbed the sleepiness away from her eyes. She glanced over to her clock again and read that she had at least 30 more minutes to sleep before she actually has to get up and dress for school. A groan escaped her lips as she heard yet another crashing sound, this time followed by an unfamiliar laughter.

“Probably one of Seungtae’s friends again... dammit why do they have to come so early in the morning.” She whined before getting off her comfortable bed and to the door. She opened it and walked downstairs, fighting the urge to just teleport.

She remembered the last time she teleported when Seungtae’s friends were over. They almost found out about her ability if it wasn’t for her brother saying that she can do magic. She chuckled at the memory before yawning loudly and walking into the kitchen.

“Yah! Don’t you have anywhere else to be than making loud noises in my house?” She grumbled while stretching with her eyes closed. She heard a scoff, followed by what sounded like a rough nudge, and then another person speaking.

“Ah mianhaeyo for making such loud noises.” Sunjeung guessed one of Seungtae’s friends responded to her.

Wait a minute... She thought before pausing her stretch, Seungtae’s friends don’t apologize... she opened one eye and almost screamed when she saw two familiar yet unfamiliar faces at the other side of the kitchen. With both her eyes now opened, she widened them and pointed at the two strangers, attractive strangers to be more specific.

“Y-YOU’RE FROM THAT WEIRD THING LAST NIGHT- AND THE LIGHT- AND- WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE?” She screamed while grabbing the nearest thing to her- which was a dang fine, shiny pan- and threateningly held it above her head. She wasn’t afraid to swing at them if they did anything stupid or suspicious, but she was afraid that her parents will scold her later on for making a mess in the kitchen.

The slightly tan one laughed at her while the one with the wide eyes glared at the other before turning his attention back to her, bringing his hands up to signal her that they weren’t a threat.

“It’s okay, we mean to harm. We’re not intruders or anything, in fact, your parents invited us in last night.” He explained and the small smile on his face told her that he was in fact, telling the truth. She slowly put the pan down and squinted at the two strangers in her kitchen.

“Who... who are you guys? And I know that there’s more than you two...” She trailed off while trying to remember the 12 figures that stood in front her last night. Sure her memory was pretty hazy, but she still could remember what some looked like, and how many there were.

“Oh, I forgot, my name’s Do Kyungsoo, but since we’re living underneath your roof, you can call me anything you’d like,” Kyungsoo smiled at her again, calming down her nerves. She doesn’t know why, but his smile just made her want to melt into a blob of skin and feelings. Shaking her head away from the thought, she rose an eyebrow at Kyungsoo and nodded.

“Alright. You seem nice. I think I’ll call you... Squishy.” Sunjeung wanted nothing more than to slap herself and crawl in a hole for the remainder of her life when Kyungsoo- or Squishy- turned red from embarrassment and his friend doubling over, laughing at her stupid words. Sunjeung actually wanted to call him something else, but the name just appeared in her mind a second too late. Without her realizing it, she had already said Squishy like the stupid idiot she was.

“Y-Yah! Don’t laugh at me!” She yelled while trying to keep her composure. Squishy hung his head down in shame as a man and looked squishier while doing so, causing Sunjeung to question herself if she was mentally ill or not for thinking the way she’s thinking (but she knew that it wasn’t the latter.)

“I... I’m okay with Squishy...” Kyungsoo said, his head still hung low. She kind of felt bad for him now, but she had to admit, he really did look squishy.

“No no, I’ll just call you Kyungsoo-ssi.” She replied, hoping to get the man’s lost self-esteem. Not wanting to make Kyungsoo more uncomfortable than he already was, she quickly changed the subject. She pointed a finger towards Kyungsoo’s friend, who was trying to recover from laughing too much. “And who’re you?” She asked.

“Pfft, why should I tell you my name first?” He answered after calming down. I rose an eyebrow at his rude attitude but brushed it off but I did roll my eyes slightly.

“You’re in my house, I have the right to ask you for your name first.” She responded calmly. She could feel her veins on her head appear when her self control started to fall as the slightly tan stranger glared daggers at her and scoffed.

“This isn’t your house. It’s your parents’ house. Know the difference.” He stated with a matter-of-fact tone.

Sunjeung really wanted to take the pan and just slap him across the face with it, but she was raised better than that. She really didn’t want to put up with anyone’s crap, especially when she was woken up while she had an hour to sleep in before school starts. But again, she held herself back.

Kyungsoo could feel the sudden heavy tension in the air, so much that he swore he can cut through it with a sharp object. He looked up and saw his friend Kai glaring at the girl while she gave the same look back. Not wanting to get kicked out or anything worse, he stepped between the two of them and and broke their eye contact by staring into the girl’s eyes himself.

“His name’s Kim Jongin. But please do call him Kai. He may seem rude now but he’s actually friendly inside... just a tiny bit.” Kyungsoo told the girl while Kai stood there speechless at the fact that Kyungsoo just took the girl’s side instead of his.

Kai turned his attention back to the girl and gave her even deadlier glares, but she remained stubborn but strong by returning the glare along with a victory smirk.

“Pfft, whatever.” Kai grumbled while turning around and raider her fridge.

Sunjeung was about to yell at him for doing so but decided not to.

“So, what’s your name?” Kyungsoo asked after a moment of silence which filled the kitchen.

“My name’s Yun Sunjeung.” Kyungsoo only nodded while muttering a small nice to meet you before turning around and stopping Kai from taking all the continents inside the fridge.

“Yah! What are you doing? That’s rude, put those back!” Kyungsoo exclaimed as he slapped the back of Kai’s head. Kai groaned before putting the food back in the fridge. He stood upright and faced Kyungsoo while pouting.

“But hyung~ I’m hungry!” He whined. Sunjeung rose an eyebrow and questioned Kai’s sanity. He was being rude and now he’s a whiny brat?

Kai turned his head towards Sunjeung and suddenly his playful pout disappeared, only to be replaced with a sneer, “What’re you staring at?”

Sunjeung rolled her eyes and turned around to leave, “Just an .”

She left and could only imagine the look on Kai’s face as she heard Kyungsoo chuckle. She couldn’t help but feel proud about her comeback but let out a loud scream as she suddenly came face to face with an annoyed looking Kai.

Everything seemed to happen in a flash, and Sunjeung found herself panting heavily while clutching her chest with her left hand and her right hand balled up in a fist, and that Kai was on the ground, groaning in pain as he clutched his left cheek.

“Wh.. What...” Sunjeung sputtered as Kyungsoo rushed to them.

Kyungsoo looked down at Kai and shook his head as he sighed, “idiot.” he sighed before helping Kai up on his feet.

Sunjeung was still in a daze until Kai started to yell at her.

“YAH WHAT WAS THAT FOR?! THAT HURT YOU KNOW!”

Sunjeung blinked and narrowed her eyes before widening them again.

“Wait, how did you-” She started but was interrupted by Kai.

“Jeez, you have the power to teleport yet you can’t even call it when it happens to someone else.”

“Well sorry, how was I supposed to know that someone I had just met recently, has the power to teleport?!” Sunjeung yelled.

“Uhh, last night, spacecraft, thought that’d be enough to raise your suspicion.” Kai scoffed while crossing his arms and ignoring the sharp pain in his left cheek as he talked.

Sunjeung narrowed her eyes at him again before pointing an accusing finger at him.

“Speaking of last night, how did you even find me?” Suspicion continued to grow in her as Kai and Kyungsoo both looked at each other for a moment. Kyungsoo sighed and looked at her.

“We’ll be speaking about it later,” Was the only thing he said before walking back in the kitchen. Sunjeung turned around and looked at Kyungsoo’s back.

“Hey wait! Why not now?” She half-yelled at him.

“How stupid can you get? Don’t you know it would be easier to gather all 12 of us, and your family to explain?” Kai commented while secretly rubbing his cheek but stopped when Sunjeung turned around and glared at him.

“Yah! I can kick you o- wait... all of you are here?” She asked while blinking repeatedly. Kai rolled his eyes.

How stupid can this girl get. He asked himself before grunting in response.

Sunjeung looked horrified as she ran out to the hallway, and into the living room where she saw her mom and a really tall man talking while a bunch of boys and Seungtae were talking and playing video games.

Minji saw her daughter enter the living room at the corner of her eyes and turned to her with a gentle smile, “Ah, here she is. Kris, this is my daughter, Sunjeung. Sunjeung, this is Kris.” her mother introduced them. Kris turned to her and gave her a small nod which she kindly returned.

Sunjeung walked over to her brother as Minji and Kris kept talking.

She sat down on the couch next to her brother who was cheering for a guy named Sehun.

“Yeah come on Sehun! You can beat Tao! Yes yes yes!” Sunjeung winced at her brother’s loud voice and looked over at the Tv screen, then at the boys playing the video games.

First, her eyes landed on a dark blond haired boy. She was surprised to see that he had dark bags under his eyes, and she was just a bit jealous that he could make it look attractive, while if she had that, she would look like... well, something that would maybe crawl out of your drain or Hell. She took a random guess that he was the one named Tao, considering that he was the one losing (the look on his face told her so).

Then, her eyes traveled to the other boy with slightly bright blond hair.Sunjeung could feel her jaw slack while blood rushed to her cheeks. He’s so perfect. The way his tongue sticks out as he concentrated on the game made her want to jump off the nearest cliff. The way he jumped up and cheered while high fiving Seungtae as he won made her heart explode. The way he looked at her with that bright smile- brought her back to reality.

Sunjeung blinked a couple times before her eyes widened as she noticed that the man she was studying is now smiling at her. Even his smile is perfect.

“Hello, you must be Seungtae’s younger sister, my name’s Oh Sehun.” He told her before taking her hand and kissing it. She blushed while the others in the room either aww’ed or gagged (though the only one who gagged was none other than her brother and someone else who had just entered the room).

“Ew Sehun, get your hands and lips off of her, you’ll catch her rudeness.” A familiar annoying voice said. Sunjeung rolled her eyes and turned around to face Kai who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over her chest.

“Yah! Who do you think you are? You don’t live here, you barely just met me, you’re the one who’s unbelievingly rude here!” She huffed. Before Kai could answer, a man went up to him and poked his cheek, where Sunjeung had accidentally punched him earlier.

“Ow yah! Don’t do that!” Kai hissed while swatting the other man’s hand away. He then turned his attention towards Sunjeung again and glared at her. “Pfft. You at least should treat your guests the right way, and not punch them in the face.”

I felt my blood drain from my face as I felt all the strangers’ eyes on me, but most importantly, my mom’s glare. I gulped and rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

“A-Ah, I forgot, I-I need to get ready for school..” I mumbled while staring at the ground before teleporting off to my room. I didn’t bother hiding the fact that I could teleport because I’m pretty sure they know already, and also Kai was probably going to tell them anyway. I looked over at my clock and deadpanned that I had officially wasted more time than I had expected. I only had 19 minutes to get ready for school.

“WHAT THE !!” I yelled as I shed my clothes off and running into my own personal bathroom to take a short bath and do my usual morning routine.

I didn’t have time to let the water get warm and was practically shivering in the shower as the cold water hit my skin.

“This is all his ing fault. him. . Him.” She muttered under her breath as she started to lather soap on herself.

 

“WHAT THE !!” Everyone in the living room heard Sunjeung yell before a bunch of commotion happened upstairs.

“Serves her ri- OW! Can you please not do that Lay?” Kai muttered as Lay poke him in the cheek again.

Lay only gave a sheepish looking grin before nodding in apology. Kai just gave him a half smile before looking ahead and saw a slightly glaring Sehun.

“What?” He questioned. Sehun pursed his lips and put his hands on his hips.

“Yah, you really shouldn’t be mean to her.” He said with a warning tone. Kai only rolled his eyes and shook his head.

“Nah, she’s bratty. I don’t mean to offend you though Minji-ssi and Seungtae.” Kai spoke as Lay started to heal the lightly forming bruise on his cheek.

“No it’s fine.” Seungtae and Minji spoke at the same time, causing the guys to laugh at their response.

“See, they said they’re fine with it.” Kai smirked teasingly at Sehun.

“Hmph, whatever.” Sehun replied and sat down next to Seungtae who was checking the time on his phone.

“Oh I have to go to school now.” Seungtae put his phone back into his pocket and stood up, grabbing his bag while doing so.

“I can freeze time for you if you want, so you can eat or play more video games.” Tao offered. Seungtae sighed and shook his head no.

“Sorry, I would love to do that, but my mom would kill me. Well, I’ll see you guys later, bye mom, tell dad I said bye once he gets back from the basement.” Seungtae teleported away just as Sunjeung appeared at the foot of the staircase where her shoes and bag was.

“Mom, I’m going to school now!” She announced and stood upright while fixing her tie. She bowed for everyone in the room out of respect (except for Kai), “I’m sorry for the way I acted earlier, I really am sorry. I guess I’ll be getting to know you all later.” She bowed again and teleported somewhere close to her school where there aren’t people. But, before she teleported, she made sure to glare death glared at Kai before going.

What is happening to my life.

 

 

 

Yay~ double update~ I tried my best to make this chapter long, but I basically just wrote nonsense. Seriously. This was written at 2 am. I'll try to write the other chapters as fast as I can, arasso? So lease bear with me~ :3