In a Blink of an Eye

“What the hell is that?” Sunjeung whispered to herself as she squinted at the strange looking star. She got off her bed and walked over to her window and tried to inspect the star even more, but shook her head thinking that it was nothing. “I’m just hallucinating.” She said to herself before smacking her cheeks and letting out a loud sigh, “I just need some sleep, yeah, just some sleep.”

After convincing herself that she was just going crazy, she walked back to her bed and laid back down, closing her eyes and not even bothering to change out of her dirtied clothes. She soon fell asleep not long after she closed her eyes. But just as fast as she fell asleep, she sat up on her bed fully awake after hearing a loud crash and feeling the ground shake.

“What the was that?” She yelled, panicking.

           “Seungtae, Sunjeung! Are you okay?!” Sunjeung heard her mother’s concerned voice call out from across the hall.

           “Yeah don’t worry umma, I’m fine!” Sunjeung replied while looking out the window to see what had happened.

           “Me too, I’m fine!” She heard her brother call out. Sunjeung ran out of her room and met with her family down in the living room.

           “Umma, appa, stay here, I’ll go check it out.” Sunjeung started and was about to teleport away when her brother stopped her.

           “I’ll go with her. Don’t worry about us, if something bad happens we’ll just teleport back here.” Seungtae said before their parents could argue. Minji and Jihun looked at each other and seemed to have a short eye conversation before looking back at their kids and giving a nod.

           Sunjeung and Seungtae looked at each other and nodded before the two vanished silently. Seungtae teleported himself not too far from the house and started to poke around to see what had caused it but found nothing. Meanwhile, Sunjeung teleported back to the forest she had teleported to earlier. She coughed and covered her nose with her hand when she breathed in smoke.

           “What the…” She trailed off as she took careful steps towards a silhouette of something big and unrecognizable. The smoke and dust around the place didn’t help her see the mysterious thing clearer, but she could make out what seemed like some kind of metal door. She knew she shouldn’t get any closer but her curiosity got the best of her. She kept walking towards the thing and once she got close enough, she put her hand on it and leaned her ear against the warm metal and listened for some kind of activity. What she heard is a bunch of arguing voices.

           

           “So Kris, I’d like to see you repeat yourself about my powers after I just freaking saved our damn lives by teleporting this huge spaceship down close enough on Earth so we wouldn’t crash horribly.” Kai spoke as he sat up from the floor while rubbing his head. Despite him being exhausted from teleporting a huge spacecraft to a very far location, he still had the energy to be… well, Kai.

           Kris sat up from the floor, not too far away from Kai, and glared at him. Everyone else inside the spacecraft sat up from the floor while groaning after being thrown all over the place while in the midst of the teleportation.

           “Hey Kai, give us all a favor and please warn us next time you decide to teleport everyone to somewhere.” Sehun growled slightly as he held his head, trying not to throw up because of the nausea affect the teleportation gave him. Everyone in the spacecraft agreed with Sehun while Kai just pouted.

           “Okay, is someone in here glad that I at least saved us from our doom?” Kai scoffed and threw his hands up in the air when no one spoke. “You guys .” He rolled his eyes.

           “Well Kris, what are we going to do? We probably can’t fly this spacecraft back up in space because it wasn’t meant to defy Earth’s gravity, and plus, it’s probably all messed up after the beating it just took.” Suho spoke up after a minute of silence. Kris sighed and stood up; thinking.

           “I don’t know… I think we may have to contact our planet for help.” Kris stated and a man with dark eye bags shook his head no.

           “NO! THAT WOULD TAKE THEM WEEKS TO GET TO THIS STUPID PLANET! AND HOW WOULD WE CONTACT THEM ANYWAYS?” The man yelled at Kris.

           “Tao, calm down, we can use a human phone.” A defined cheek boned man spoke while resting an arm around Tao’s arms.

           “Chen. Are you being serious? Come on, a normal human phone? Like seriously? Don’t troll us now.” Kai spoke.

           “No actually, Chen’s right. We can use a human phone to contact our planet for help.” A wide-eyed man named D.O spoke. Kai grunted loudly in defeat and did some motions with his hands to Kyungsoo, expressing his frustration.

           “Kai please stop that, you’re scaring us.” Lay, the innocent one of the 12 spoke quietly, “But even though we can use a human phone, it’s still going to take a long time for the message to reach our planet and back here for confirmation. And the additional wait for a rescue spaceship to get here.”

           Everyone just stopped talking and looked down at the ground and sighed all at once. Silence filled the spacecraft but was soon interrupted by a soft thump against their spacecraft from the outside. The 12 boys’ eyes shot up in surprise and looked at each other in silence, and maybe slight panic coming from the younger ones.

 

“What is this thing?” Sunjeung muttered under her breath as she softly knocked the now cooler metal. This sure is a great way to die... She had no idea of what the thing was is front of her, she was in the middle of the forest away from people, and she was alone... or so she thought.

A yelp escaped from Sunjeung’s mouth when the metal door she studied earlier had opened, revealing a metal stairway that came out and landed on the ground. Something seemed to click in her head as she saw 12 silhouettes appearing at the top of the stairway, where the metal door used to be. It was hard for her to see the 12 bodies clearly, thanks to the bright light that shone behind them, but she could still see their faces and damn were they good looking. Despite them being good looking, Sunjeung knew better and didn’t need any warnings that told her they could be something threatening, and so she teleported away, back to the safety of her own home.

“Yah Sunjeung, gwaenchana? You look like you just saw a ghost,” Seungtae asked her as soon as she appeared. She gulped and nodded before taking a seat on the couch across from her parents. “So.. did you find anything?” He asked again before taking a seat beside her. Sunjeung only shook her head no in response and stood back up.

“I’m just... going to bed. Goodnight,” She hurriedly teleported back up to her room, leaving her parents and brother staring at each other with confusion in their eyes.

As soon as Sunjeung got back to her room, she jumped into bed and shook her head.

“That was nothing. You were seeing things, you just need some sleep. That’s all, no need to panic.” She calmly told herself before glancing at the digital clock on her nightstand. A big bright “2:31 PM” shone in bright blue, causing her to groan knowing that she has to wake up 5 hours and 30 minutes later for school. Forgetting about what had happened already, she goes to to sleep.

 

TT.TT Mianhae~ If you hadn't noticed, I'm kind of bad at keeping promises. I haven't updated in such a while, I feel really horrible ._. I get so sidetraked so much it's not even funny. And sorry that this was such a short chapter, I was just really eager to try and get the story somewhere (and also because I didn't want to upset you guys) but yeah. Sorry for the excuses, I'm making it up by making this a double update.