Chapter 2

Your Song

"There are no two people who are exactly the same. But no matter how different they can be, love can always find the perfect way to synchronize their heartbeats. "

- FrenchSha

 

“Who dares to disturb my sleep?” Wallace stood up angrily then punched in his secret password.

“Access Denied” the computer says.

“What the!” He tried to enter the password again, with full force.

“Request Granted.” Then the door opened side wards.

He stepped out his room and went directly to his main door. He looked at the small screen to see who it was.

“A little girl?” He was puzzled.

“Maybe she’s lost or just another… fan.” He chuckled and he opened the door.

His smile vanished quickly when he saw who was with the little girl.

“Mom?!”

“Here, take good care of your little sister. I love you Wallace.” Her mother put the entire luggage inside Wallace’s room and kisses him on the checks.

The little girl just stand next to him with a little teddy bear, smiling like an idiot, until it reached the other ends of her ears.

While Wallace, well let’s just say…

---

“She is not my sister!” She passed the ball to Will vehemently.

“Well, she is your mom’s daughter.” Will replied trying to shoot the ball but another player blocks his way.

“Here! I’m free!” Jon waved his hand at Will so he passed the ball to him.

“I don’t care! She is a Pettis and I’m a Huo! She’s never gonna be my sister!” Wallace blocks the other player.

“Though you have different surnames, you can’t deny the fact that both of you came out from one woman.” Jon explained as he goes for a two point shot.

“I know! But never! She is never gonna be my sister! It just can’t be.”

“Why do you really hate that girl? I mean… She is a little girl and they usually have cute features.” Cris (Tiu) asked.

The other player keeps blocking Wallace.

“Cute?! Man, have you seen her face? We are so different man!”

“Do you really think you’re that cute?” Angela interrupted. She brought snacks for the entire team.

“Yehey!” The team cheered, grabbing all the plastic bags Angela brought.

Angela went closer to Wallace and wiped his sweaty face with a pink towel.

“That what makes us think he is your favorite.” Cris teased as he holds his half eaten burger.

“Shut up!” She threw the towel to Cris’ face which solicited a loud laugh from the entire team.

“Hello everybody!” A cute, angelic voice spaced the entire arena.

---

“So what do you think?” Penny bit her lower lip after asking this one-million question to her partner, Philippe Delma.

“I would say it’s good but it needs more.” He answered with a thick French accent.

Penny showed him her choreography in the coming auditions.

They stood in front of the big mirror and did the pirouette. Pirouettes are performed en dedans, turning inward toward the supporting leg, or en dehors, turning outward in the direction of the raised leg. Correct body placement is essential in all kinds of pirouettes.

Philippe was standing beside Penny. They did the choreography together. One hand down, then raise it up slowly, two dehors, then bow. They did it on the tune of Leona Lewis’ Bleeding Love.

“Good morning Ma’am, Sir!” her students greeted her happily.

“Hi kids.”

---

“Isn’t she an angel?” Will went closer to the little girl who is holding her teddy bear.

“Hello little girl. What’s your name?” Jon asked.

“My name is Madison, Madison Pettis. But you can call me Maddy.” She answered in a very cute and angelic way. (Try to watch Cory in the House on Disney Channel, that’s the way she answers here. Try to watch because she is very funny.)

“See Wallace! She is so adorable.” Cris commented.

“Hey! Why are you here?” Wallace bitterly asked.

“I thought Big Brother would like to eat some home made salad. I made it myself.” He pulled out a medium sized Tupperware inside her pink backpack and offered it to Wallace.

“Isn’t it sweet?” Angela teased.

Wallace took the Tupperware with suspicion in his eyes.

“I wish I had a little sister like her.” Jamal (Duff) pretended to cry.

Wallace studied the Tupperware and the salad. “What do you want?” he asked.

“Nothing. Just a little something for Big Brother.”

Wallace opened the Tupperware and smelled it. He took a spoonful of it and not a minute later, he felt irritation in his throat.

“What did you put in it?” Angela asked while comforting the suffering Wallace.

“The usual. Macaroni, all purpose cream, condensed milk, mushrooms…”

“Mushrooms?! He is allergic to mushrooms.”

“Here, have some water.” Jon quickly offered him a bottle of water.

He emptied the bottle of water in one gallop and he felt better yet he can’t speak clearly.

“Sorry, didn’t know.” Maddy smiled nervously.

---

“Kids, this is your Sir Philippe Delma, he is a French danseur.” Penny introduced.

“Bonjour!” He bowed.

“Ma’am! Ma’am!” a little girl waved her hand relentlessly to get the attention of Penny.

“Yes, Krisha?”

“Is he your boyfriend, Ma’am?”

“Uy!” The other girls teased.

Penny and Philippe chuckled. “No.” They answered in unison.

---

Wallace and the gang ran very fast staying in their place. Wallace’s sweat fell like rain.

“Ahmmm… Big brother, are you still mad at me?” Maddy asked him while he did his exercise.

He shook his head because he can’t speak clearly.

“Ahmmm… Would you want me to make you another salad. Promise! No more mushrooms.” She raised her right hand and blinked innocently.

“Ajkdsajdksmfdjhds” he mumbled.

“I don’t understand you Big brother.” She walked slowly, closer to him to listen carefully.

“I said I don’t care!” He vaguely yelled.

He avoided Maddy and went to the treadmill.

“Why do you like doing this, Big brother?” she followed him.

“What?”

“This very sweaty and yucky activity.” She said in disgust.

“Because it is needed in my training.” He dimly answered.

“Then why do you have to undergo training?”

“Because practice makes perfect!”

“But they said there is no such thing as perfect.”

“It’s not really perfect but just… Can you stop disturbing me?”

“But…”

“Okay, just say anything you want. For you to stop BOTHERING me.”

“Anything?” Maddy smiled playfully.

“Yes! Anything.”

 

I don't care who you are 
Where you're from 
What you did 
As long as you love me 

What will Maddy ask?

Find out!