Chapter 1

Your Song

 

"There are no two people who are exactly the same. But no matter how different they can be, love can always find the perfect way to synchronize their heartbeats. "

- FrenchSha

 

“And he scores! He scores! Congratulations! Congratulations Taipei Wizards.” The announcer cheerfully and loudly announced as Wallace took his final three-points shot for the win.

 

The entire team lifted up Wallace who was the hero of the day. Confetti and balloons poured down the court like rain. Cameras were flashing, taking pictures of this momentous event.

 

“So Mr. Huo, what’s next for the team?” The newscaster interrupted their cheerful yelling.

 

They put Wallace down near the newscaster.

 

“Well…”

 

“Well, we are still going to talk about it.” Angela, their manager cut in.

 

“Let’s go Wallace.” She whispered.

 

“Sorry we have to go. But remember, from this day forward, the Taipei Wizards will always be on top.” Pointing his point finger up, blinking his other eye, making all the girls scream and then the entire team left.

 

“Isn’t he just cute when he does that? Ladies and gentlemen for the very first time, The Taiwanese Wizards have won the China National Basketball Championship. And now they are heading International. And our dear Wallace shall be the King again. He is not just good and passionate, he is just so cute. And this Carla She, reporting for Sports News.”

 

---

 

“Then up and down, now twist and twist and bow. Okay, that’s all for today. Goodbye kids.” Penny waved goodbye to her students.

 

“Wow, that was so amazing.” She gave her a towel.

 

“Hi mom!” Penny kissed her mom.

 

Mrs. Lin gave Penny a flyer.

 

“What’s this?” as she took a closer look she was shocked.

 

Oh my gosh! The Marius Petipa School of Ballet will have their workshop and is looking for the newest Prima Ballerina?”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“I guess this is it Ma. This is my chance.” She cheerfully announced.

 

“It is three months from now so you must practice hard because practice”

 

“Practice makes perfect.” Penny continued her mother’s statement because she always says this. Maybe that’s why she has memorized it already.

 

“I know Ma. That’s why I’m going to spend more time here in the studio. I promise Ma, I’m gonna win this one and I will be the one to fulfill your dreams.”

 

Mrs. Lin enveloped her daughter into an embrace. “With your perseverance and passion in ballet my daughter, you already have fulfilled my dreams especially when you decided to teach ballet to little children. I always want to share my talent to other people. That is the best work a true ballerina could do Penny, remember that.”

 

“Yes Mom.” She smiled.

 

---

 

The champagne exploded and it showered all over the place.

 

“For the continuous championship we’ll gonna win.” Angela (Zhang) raised her glass of wine.

 

“Yeh!” Everybody did the same.

 

“Hey man, how did you do it? I mean it was ten seconds left and you still shoot three pints man, three points.” Will (Devaughn) praised Wallace, putting his arm across his shoulders.

 

“Well let’s just say, we are so close to stardom so why let it pass?” He smiled.

 

“Ahmmm.. Wallace I have something to tell you.” Angela went over to Wallace and Will and cut in.

 

“Sure, what?”

 

“Ahmmm… Alone.” She hesitantly smiled.

 

“Ah… Okay.”

 

Angela pulled Wallace towards the balcony to escape the noise of the party.

 

“So?” Wallace asked.

 

“Your mom called and she said she’s going to France tomorrow so she has to leave someone with you.”

 

“Who?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

I don't care who you are 
Where you're from 
What you did 
As long as you love me 

Does Angela like Wallace or is it the other way around?

Why is Wallace’s mother leaving and who is she going to leave with Wallace to take care of?

What will happen next?