Jonghyun and Mari

My Miracle

Jonghyun woke up with his stomach growled in hungry, last night when he was about to sleep he didn’t eat anything – Jonghyun always eat before sleep.

‘Mummy, what breakfast you make today? I don’t want fruu … it,’ Jonghyun stunned by seeing whose sitting next to Mari who is cooks something on the dinner table instead on kitchen. It is Jinyi.

The same goes to Jinyi, her jaw dropped recognizing who was come out from Mari’s bed room with crumple shape; his hair is messy – and messier since Jonghyun rummaged his hair randomly –, unshaved face, and he only wore gray tank top and training pants.

For a split second both of them froze on where they were before Mari broke the silence.

‘I thought you’ll wake up once the sun going down,’ Mari said.

Jonghyun grinned and approached the two and took the chair next to Jinyi.

‘Ahh what do you make?’ Jonghyun asked, ‘what a surprise to see you’re here,’ he went to greet Jinyi with as casual tone as possible.

‘Well me too, I didn’t expect to see you here either,’ Jinyi’s voice is different but both Jonghyun and Mari seems didn’t aware – or pretend.

‘You, go and shave!’ Mari ordered Jonghyun once he was about to take plate.

‘Later, I’m starving now,’ and Mari hits his chopstick when Jonghyun tried to take the pancake,

‘I’ll do later, now let me eat first,’ Jonghyun’s insisted and Mari also keep hitting his chopstick. ‘Mum, I didn’t eat anything last night,’

‘I thought we had dinner last night,’ Jinyi suddenly interrupted the fight.

Mari and Jonghyun seems realize at once that not only both of them on the dining room but there somebody else, it’s Yoon Jinyi.

Jonghyun blushed upon hearing Jinyi and he quits insisting to have couple of pancake, but his eyes looking at Mari with pleaded look wanting his noona let him to have one.

‘He always eats right before sleep, otherwise he’ll finish everything in the morning,’ Mari told Jinyi and she went to told Jonghyun, ‘How many times I’ve told you, shave first before going off the room.’

With sulky face Jonghyun stood up without word and left the dining room, the reason is of course there Jinyi that makes him impossible to fight Mari.

‘I don’t know when he home last night, I told him not to worry me but he seem didn’t listen,’ Mari told and Jinyi only replied with small smile. ‘I’m thinking about moving too, have you any idea where is the nice place? I need another room, so Jonghyun can have his own room when sleep over here.’

‘I have no idea, but I’ll try,’ said Jinyi shortly.

Mari didn’t know I Jonghyun overheard their conversation, moving? She has never told me about that.

***

The atmosphere between Jonghyun and Jinyi is pretty strange especially after they drop Mari into her office.

‘Aissh … it’s embarrassing,’ said Jonghyun suddenly, they are still at the Mari’s office car park.

‘Eh, what?’

‘You’ve just discovered what the real Jonghyun is looks like,’

Jinyi can’t help but burst out into laughter and the image of crumple Jonghyun forming clearly in her eyes.

‘Noona facing hard time right now, it’s like she spends almost of her entire life to break the wall she made but the result is unexpectedly.  I was the one who convince her to get out but now I think I made mistake, I can’t leave her alone.’ Jonghyun explained.

‘Mari eonnie seems fine,’

Jonghyun shook his head, ‘that’s noona, she kept her sorrow only for her own, she wont let anyone to get closer to her or take a look inside of her,’

‘She close to you though,’

‘Yeah, only me and other CNBLUE members I guess because we’re met when all of us suffering and we’re hand in hand to help each other, but she trust me the most I think, ‘cause I’m her brother,’ Jonghyun chuckled.

Jinyi smiled too, but her face still reflected something, something she curious about but doesn’t know how to reveal it.

‘We used to sleep over in each other place,’ Jonghyun said further by recognizing Jinyi’s questioning look. ‘But I guess it’s only me who dare to sleep in her bed …, what?’  Jonghyun asked when Jinyi looking at him with strange look as if she tries to dig something from Jonghyun explanation.

Jonghyun gazing Jinyi back who doesn’t elaborate her stare, it takes a few seconds for Jonghyun to understand what does Jinyi’s stare means and he covers his face with both palm.

‘Blimey, do you think me and noona … gosh, that’s creepy!!! How come you suspect me and …’ Jonghyun was unable to continue his words and shook his head heavily.

‘You both normal and mature enough,’ said Jinyi.

Jonghyun s eyes widened in surprised.

‘So you really think our relationship is like that one!?’

Jinyi shrugged.

‘We’ll never be, noona is my second mother beside she has somebody else and me too,’

‘You said Mari eonnie facing hard time now,’ Jonghyun nodded, ‘‘cause of a guy?’

‘Yeah,’

‘Then it could be the perfect time or you two to change your relationship, you know when woman in her fragile state the most –’

 ‘You have no faith in me, do you!?’ Jonghyun cut Jinyi across in irritated voice.

‘I think its matter of time for you to realize it,’ concluded Jinyi.

‘Whatever you think,’

Jonghyun is angry now, how come Jinyi has such kind of thought?

***

Due to his anger with Jinyi, Jonghyun screw up CNBLUE’s daily practice today, he can help but sorry for his fellow band mates who affected by his own issue.

‘Sorry, really,’ said Jonghyun after put his guitar harshly.

‘Is there something going on?’ Minhyuk asked.

Jonghyun shrugged.

‘Is something to do with Mari? Or she makes you angry?’ asked Yonghwa.

‘No, she’s never, it’s Jinyi,’

Jungshin raised his head, looking at the three.

‘Ohhh what happen? Did I miss something here?’ Minhyuk exclaimed with excitement.

Jungshin is really wanted to stay and listen to the whole story but he can’t, he has schedule to be finish and that makes him slightly angry.

‘I shall go first,’ Jungshin excuses to .

‘Ah okay, will you home for dinner?’ Yonghwa asked.

‘I don’t think so, bye’

They waved each other as Jungshin leaving studio.

‘So, what makes you upset toward Jinyi?’ Yonghwa asked.

Jonghyun recounted the whole story right what had happen this morning in Mari’s apartment and his conversation with Jinyi.

Yonghwa laughed while Minhyuk smile teasingly.

‘It’s no surprise,’ said Minhyuk.

‘What did you mean?’ Jonghyun asked confusedly,

‘Didn’t you realize many already suspect your two relationships?’ Yonghwa asked.

‘Ahh … people are …’ Jonghyun didn’t continue his words and lying on the floor. ‘Noona is like my second mother, that’s all, and all we shared just bed and blanket, its plain sleep! We’re just sleep, and you two didn’t believe me either?’

‘We do,’ Minhyuk said, ‘but other isn’t, and about Jinyi, I think she needs trust. She needs to know how far you and Mari go, however she is about to laid her faith in you.’

Jonghyun didn’t reply, but keep staring the studio ceiling.

***

Jonghyun playing with his spoon and seems uninterested with his food.

‘You don’t like?’ Mari asked.

Jonghyun shook his head slowly.

Mari lean forward and observed her pet face,

‘Is something happen?’

‘Are we that strange?’ Jonghyun asked in flat voice.

Mari’s raised her eyebrow, ‘What did you mean?’ Jonghyun shrugged, ‘apparently you got gossip poison too,’ Mari chuckled knowing what her pet talking about.

‘I guess so,’

‘So what are you gonna do?’

Jonghyun shrugged, ‘nothing, they’re just bunch creepy people,’

‘Well now tell me what you said to Jinyi yesterday?’

Jonghyun raised his head, looking at Mari straight on her eyes.

‘Yeah, it’s stupid mistake,’ before Jonghyun retelling his story back at the Han River bank. And Mari burst out into laughter upon hearing Jonghyun’s story.

‘Are you fooling?’ Mari laughed.

‘It’s accident, I didn’t even realize what I’ve said, and it’s just slipped out of nowhere,’

‘Lee Jonghyun, you always said in every interview, you’ll play her song for your confession, whose gonna believe that you just simply said, “what if my feeling to you didn’t pretending”, what the confession was that?’ Mari teased.

Jonghyun reddish face now turns red completely.

‘That was accident, I didn’t count that!’

Mari ignored it and stood up, put her dirty plate and bowl on the dish washer.

‘Will you sleep here or go home

‘Go home I guess,’

Mari chuckled,

‘What was that?’

‘Nothing, just make sure you turn off all the lamps, I don’t want any lamps on when I wake up,’