Crush

My Miracle

‘Oh, my goodness! Yifan??? It’s really you? Wow, I can’t believe it!’ Mari exclaimed.

 

Unable to hide her excitement Mari attack him with hug which the said Yifan gladly returned. Both of them swayed on the spot for awhile without care frowned on Jungshin’s face or strange looked from the other staff.

 

‘Oh my god; looked at you!’ Mari scanned the guy before her from head to toe.

 

He was indeed handsome, his hair was deeply shaved side, he has dirty blond hair instead of ginger like the last time – well almost 5 years ago − she saw him, sharp nose, almost perfect complexion, and ...

 

‘You got pierced on the right,’ Mari pointed out.

 

He laughed, ‘yeah, I got three other after we made two,’

 

‘And you’re still giant like before, taller I see,’

 

‘Do you expect me to shrinking instead?’

 

Both of them laughed.

 

‘What are you doing here by the way?’

 

‘My girlfriend has photo-shoot and I happen to have free time so I come around,’ he gestured to the female model.

 

Mari’s mouth formed an “O” and in matter of second she went to the staff to ask about the time they might finish the work.

 

‘It’s miracle we meet here, come on, there nice green tea milkshake shop around here,’ Mari grabbed Yifan’s hand and pulled him out of the studio without giving him much time to protest.

 

The shop is quite empty, there only couple of people sitting and chatting, it’s understandably since now its still office hour.

 

‘One normal green-tea milkshake and one large, both low fat and extra ice for large.’ Mari ordered.

 

‘Have in or take out?’

 

‘In,’ Mari handed her card.

 

‘Thank you Mam, your order will delivered to your table,’

 

‘Thank you,’

 

Once Mari turned her heel she found Yifan looked at her with amusing look.

 

‘What?’ Mari questioned him and she stopped by at the corner near the glass wall. Yifan pulled out the chair and let Mari sit before he took seat across her. Mari looked at him waiting for his answer; instead he rested his chin on both of his palm, elbows on the table surface.

 

‘You still remember my favourite,’ Yifan stated.

 

Mari immediately blushed,

 

‘Ah ... that, I’m sorry I didn’t ask what do you want, do you want to order something else?’ Mari stood up and Yifan quickly grabbed his hand and pulled her to get back to her seat.

 

‘It’s okay, it’s been long since last time I have green-tea milkshake,’ he smiled.

 

‘Long?’

 

Yifan’s shrugged. ‘I didn’t drink that stuff so often anymore,’

 

Mari raised her eyebrow but Yifan didn’t seem to elaborate either.

 

Silence befallen between them until the waitress delivered their order; both of them are simply gazing at each other while once in time they sipped their drink.

 

‘So, how are you,’ Mari broke the silence.

 

Yifan shrugged, ‘just like what you see,  still the same. The difference maybe I’m playing basketball for real now, no longer for fun,’

 

‘Wow, in which team? Grizzlies?’

 

‘Yep,’

 

Mari squealed in delight.

 

‘Why you looked amused,’

 

‘No, its not that, it’s your dream back then, you must be happy,’

 

‘You too, right? You’re one of famous writer now, isn’t that what you’ve dream?’ he elaborated when Mari gave him a questioned look.

 

‘Ah, so you do know if I’m writer know?’ Mari smiled sheepishly.

 

Yifan chuckled. ‘I’m one of your loyal readers you know; you should sign all of my collections,’

 

‘No kidding Yifan,’

 

‘Who said I’m? When you back to Vancouver I’ll show you my collection,’

 

‘I don’t think I’ll comeback there,’ Mari sipped her milk-shake.

 

‘So something did really happen, didn’t it?’

 

Mari smiled.

 

‘Spilled it,’ Yifan leaned on the back rest and crossed his arms on his chest, waiting for Mari to speak.

 

‘I run away when my family had business trip in Japan 4 years ago.’

 

‘And?’ Yifan asked since Mari stop there and simply sipping her milk-shake.

 

Mari shook her head.

 

‘You know I ain’t kid anymore, I ain’t 15 years old boy who confessed to his first love, though I’d rejected without explanation,’

 

Mari reddened her face and laughed upon hearing the guy’s word in front of her.

 

‘Seriously?’

 

He nodded, ‘I damn serious and you know what? I’ve been waiting until at least I’m twenty or something but boom ... she’s gone,’

 

Mari stared at Yifan for quite sometime, hesitated, before eventually she told him the story she kept a secret for a long time. She told every detail of it, everything, and nothing to hide.

 

And in return Yifan didn’t say anything; he sat frozen trying to process everything she said on his brain.

 

‘How did you manage to endure it without telling anyone?’

 

Mari shrugged and smiled.

 

‘It’s past by the way, I move on and here I am; now I have my life like what I wanted, I have family, and I have someone who loves me more than I love myself. He teach me how to respect my life, he teach me how to love and how to deal with my past. I have enough,’

 

‘If only I’m older than you back then, you wouldn’t be afraid to tell me that,’

 

‘Maybe, but I’m happy to have you back then, you’re the closest person I have at that time,’

 

Both of them laughed.

 

‘So that’s the reason,’ Yifan sipped his – almost finish – green tea milk-shake.

 

‘What reason?’

 

‘Your rejection and disappearance,’

 

Mari nodded, ‘sort of, what about you?’

 

‘Nothing much,’ Yifan shrugged. ‘I don’t have too dramatic story, sorry, I stay there until I graduated and skipped a year there too ‘cause of someone – Mari laughed – and finally I sign the contract, until now. It’s about couple years ago I finally can trace you but then I met Michelle about a year ago, we didn’t started of seeing each other till 3 months ago,’

 

Mari’s eyes widened, ‘three months ago? Wow its still young,’

 

Yifan laughed, ‘thanks to her ‘cause now I know, I don’t have chance,’

 

Just then Mari’s phone vibrated, she smiled.

 

‘I guess, we have to get back to studio, they’d finish already,’ Mari told Yifan which also reading text on his phone.

 

‘Yep, let’s go. Ah forget, can we keep in touch?’

 

Mari smiled and asked for his phone, she typed the number and called hers.

 

‘That’s my number,’

 

Yifan smiled and saved it.

 

When both of them arrive, Yonghwa was not there anymore while Minhyuk and Jonghyun were also preparing to leave.

 

Jungshin approached Mari as Yifan strolled to his girlfriend who packed her things.

 

‘Where have you been?’ he asked coldly and his eyes narrowed to the tall figure that helped the model to pack.

 

‘Somewhere for tea,’ Mari smiled giddily upon sensing the jealousy tensing in the air.

 

‘Noona, I’ll go first,’ Jonghyun tapped her shoulder and Mari nodded.

 

Minhyuk followed behind him and soon it was only four of them, Mari, Jungshin, Yifan and Michelle.

 

‘Dear, meet my old friend, Wu Yifan and this is my boyfriend Jungshin, Lee Jungshin,’

 

‘Wu Yifan? Chinese?’ Jungshin asked while he shook hand with Yifan.

 

‘Yep, Chinese-Canadian, born in Chinese and grew up in Vancouver with her,’ Yifan gestured to Mari who laughed.

 

‘I came after you boy,’

 

‘Hey!’ Yifan pouted ‘cause Mari still addressed him as boy.

 

Mari’s laughed grew wider and Yifan seemed didn’t pay attention to her anymore since he pushed his girlfriend forward to introduced her properly.

 

‘Well, I guess you know her already,’ Yifan told Jungshin who nodded, ‘but you haven’t, here meet my girlfriend, Michelle and babe, she’s the one I talked about, Mari,’

 

‘It’s really nice that finally I can meet you and I guess I know the reason why,’ Michelle winked to Mari who eyed with death glare to Yifan which the latter only shrugged.

 

‘As much as I want to talk to you guys but we have to comeback to office,’ Mari said.

 

Yifan checked on his phone and sneered, ‘so you cheat on your office hour?’

 

‘I didn’t!’ Mari retorted.

 

‘Eww ... last time I checked, you just had tea milkshake with me, and did it count as work?’ Yifan snickered.

 

‘Wu Yifan!’

 

‘You better to get going since I’d like to have my own time with my baby,’ he winked. ‘I call you later okay?’

 

‘Dear, we better off, ugh it’s sick to meet you here,’ Mari stuck out her tongue, ‘Really nice to meet you Michelle, you better watch him out, he’s flirty brat,’

 

‘She knows better than you I guess,’ Yifan smirked and Michelle laughed.

 

Mari shook her head as she grabbed Jungshin’s hand and headed to his car.

 

‘I’ll see you next time,’ Jungshin told Yifan and Michelle and both of them nodded.

 

‘Yeah we’d like to,’

 

And the friendly smile vanished once both Mari and Jungshin strapped themselves and Jungshin started the engine.

 

Cold and awkward silence befallen over them, made Mari raised her eyebrow. She stretched out her hand squeezing Jungshin’s free hand.

 

‘Is something wrong?’

 

‘No, at least not to you,’ Jungshin said coldly and Mari frowned.

 

‘Nah then it definitely is; what is it? And don’t said nothing because I already know there’s something,’

 

Jungshin scoffed and Mari glared at him.

 

‘Alright, who is Wu Yifan? Because I don’t believe he’s just your old friend,’ Jungshin spat, while Mari laughed out loud.

 

‘So is this a real jealousy?’

 

Jungshin didn’t answer and keep his eyes on the road.

 

‘No, he is not, we had crush on each other, − Jungshin’s face fell – in fact he ever confessed to me.

 

‘I was still remember that day, how happy I was, how can’t wait for our first date. Yifan had final tournament and he asked me to come, he had me something he prepared on the court, I think he was almost sure I’ll accept his love and I did – I would. If only he didn’t ask me to answer his confession on the basketball court after the game, I’ll say yes immediately.

 

‘But that was my nightmare was started. With huge grin on my face, I run up upstairs just to prepare for my big day, when out of nowhere he was popped out. I wasn’t paid him much attention since I know who he was but I kind of surprise because he shouldn’t be there. And everything happened so fast. I was too weak to safe my self from that monster, I couldn’t so anything to keep myself clean for someone I love.

 

‘I didn’t come that day, and Yifan didn’t questioned me why, we’re still good friend until my family had business trip in Japan and Jonghyun took me away.’

 

Jungshin didn’t say anything and keep his eyes on the road and so did Mari, she was explaining with straight face. And both of them shared silence on the rest of their drive until they reached Mari’s office.

 

‘You never told him what happen to you?’ Jungshin asked once both of them inside of Mari’s office.

 

Mari placed her bag and her folders on her desk while she sat down next to Jungshin which he sneaked his arm on Mari’s waist and she rested her head on his shoulder.

 

‘I told him today,’

 

‘And what did he say?’

 

‘He said, if only he was elder than me maybe I have confident to tell him earlier,’ Mari chuckled and Jungshin frowned.

 

‘Elder?’

 

Mari nodded,’ he’s a year elder than you,’

 

‘Ahh Hyung then,’

 

‘He didn’t know that, Ge Ge maybe, its Hyung for Chinese but then he was grew up in Vancouver, he didn’t used to with profanities,’

 

Jungshin nodded, ‘I think I’m little confuse here, didn’t you Californian resident? How could you end up in Vancouver?’

 

Mari sighed, ‘I don’t know exactly, my mother just sent me there, later on I found out that it was all his idea to have me all by himself.’

 

‘I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have to ask you that,’ Jungshin kissed her head and tightening his hug.

 

‘It’s okay now you can ask me everything you wanted to know, Jonghyun is true, if I was about to spend my life with you, I shouldn’t hide anything,’ Mari shook her head, ‘but honestly, the last person I want to talked about this is you,’

 

‘Why?’

 

‘I don’t think, I’m good enough for you –’

 

‘Hey ... look at me,’ Jungshin cupped Mari’s face and looked at her straight in the eyes. ‘Nobody’s perfect, but we can try to be the best for each other, you got me?’

 

Mari nodded and Jungshin kissed her forehead and smiled.

Tadaaaaa hahahahah my angry bird baby a.k.a Wu Yifan made cameo *throw confetti* well actually I wanna remove this chapter because of his cae but then I realize how much I miss him these days. All I can do just staring at his green dot on his weibo account when he was online *poor me*

So, here he is kkkkk

Another reason why he was apperaing here because this story will come to an end soon and I will start a new story featuring Jungshin and Yifan :))))

I plan this story will be long story but before  that there short story about Jungshin too ( Yifan will - again - to be cameo kkkk )

 

 

Enough for the story, now I would like to let you know that my project with my fanclub about Lee Jonghyun's birthday was done. the book is already release. You can check it here.

For our upcoming release is Yonghwa and Minhyuk book, see the preview here (I have no idea how to post photo in here anyone can help me?)

Lastly, the last book project to Jungshin's bithday is already up, please do check and join here

Thank you  and I love you guya, wel come to my new subbies and reader :)))