The Pain

My Miracle

Jonghyun hastily running inside the long corridor only to find Jungshin’s parents and Hyung in the end of the hall way, Mrs. Lee was sobbing silently while Mr. Lee stood beside her.

‘What happen?’ Jonghyun asked to Jungshin’s brother who approached him.

‘Mari got accident,’ the elder replied and it feels like a brick falls from his throat down to his stomach.

 

***

 

‘Mari?’ Mrs. Lee picked up the call, it strange, because Mari was only called her few minutes ago and told she was about to visit the elder.

 

‘I’m sorry, but the owner of this phone was got into accident, we sent her off to hospital now,’

 

The other line was quite and Mrs. Lee felt like she was suffocated. Next thing she knew, she was on the car driven by her eldest son whilst his husband rushed to the hospital from his friend’s place as well.

The suffocating atmosphere continued as the surgery room still signalling with red sign. Minutes later there man approaching them bringing a black handbag they supposed it belongs to Mari.

 

‘Excuse me, are you Miss. Mari Lee’s family?’ he asked.

‘Yes, we are,’ Jungshin’s Hyung replied.

‘Okay, can we talk?’ he gestured to them to follow him.

Four of them settled at the quite corner at the hospital cafeteria.

‘My name is Park Hyunwoo, I’m police officer off duty who happened to walk in the accident.’ He introduced himself. ‘Miss. Lee was hit by the car along side four other people and the driver who hit them was died at the scene.’ Park Hyunwoo continued.

Silence was fallen over them only silent sob could be heard from Mrs. Lee.

‘I’m very sorry, and I believe this belongs to Miss. Lee.’ The said Park Hyunwoo pushed the black bag to the Lee’s.

‘Thank you very much Sir,’ that was all Mr. Lee could manage to say while the son hugged his mother to comfort.

‘Your welcome Sir, it’s my job anyway, and once again, I’m very sorry for the incident, we might need to questioning Miss. Lee later on for official purpose.’

‘It’s okay, we’ll help anything we can,’ Mr. Lee said.

‘That’s all for now Sir, I’ll take my leave, good afternoon,’ Park Hyunwoo bowed.

‘Thank you again, good afternoon.’ Mr. Lee stood up and bowed as well.

 

***

 

‘So, none we can’t charge for?’ Jonghyun asked.

Lee Junghyuk shook his head, ‘the driver was drunk, heavily, and died at the scene. I don’t know if he was trying to suicide or what, but he brought innocent people to his matter.’

Before Jonghyun could say something, the door was cracked open and the doctor stepped out as he pulled out his surgical mask.

‘Who is patient’s family?’ he asked.

‘I’m his brother,’ Jonghyun immediately rose up and replied, ignoring question look from the other three. ‘And they’re her parents in law,’ he continued.

Eventually it only Jonghyun and Mr. Lee who followed the doctor to his office, considering Mrs. Lee was still in daze state and Junghyuk stayed to keep her company.

‘Please have a sit,’ he gestured to both Mr. Lee and Jonghyun to sit at the visitor’s chair while he hung his white robe.

‘I’m speaking with ...?’ the doctor asked as three of them sit down at the respective chair.

‘Lee,’ replied Mr. Lee and Jonghyun in unison.

‘Well, Mr. Lee, Miss. Lee had severe trauma on her head and chest area, she broke six of her rib bones and other fractures and innards bleed. We did all us can and all we best to minimize the suffering but the result seems not as good as we expected. She’s in critical condition right now. We need at least 48 hours to say how her condition is. If she passes, we may be able to hope for another chance. I’m sorry.’

The room was quite, only deep breathing can be heard.

‘Can we see her?’ Jonghyun finally broke the silence.

The doctor took a deep breath, ‘she’s at isolation room, no visitor can enter, only from outside the glass wall,’ the doctor said. And Jonghyun nodded; well at least he’ll able to see her.

The doctor asked his assistant to show the Lee’s the way, once they’re stepped outside the doctor’s room Jungshin was rushing to approached them, his face was utterly confuse and shock.

‘Where is she?!’ Jungshin demanded.

‘We’ll head to her,’ Jonghyun quietly replied and the other two, Mrs. Lee and Junghyuk rose up and followed.

Jungshin fell on his knees and Mrs. Lee sobbed harder than she already was upon seeing the dreadful sight in front of them. Mari was lying solely in that room covered with white thick blanket and surrounded by medical machines to keep her alive. There tubes attached all over her body, oxygen mask and the like.

Jonghyuk lead his mother to the bench near by while Mr. Lee hold his son by the shoulder and lead him on his feet. Jonghyun was standing like statue, staring and said nothing.

It can be happening, why? Why everything is always turning into mess when the happy times are around the corner?

‘Hyung,’ Jungshin called his hyung who still comforting their mother after a while only staring his girlfriend through the glass wall.

‘Yes?’

‘Get Appa and Eomma home,’ he ordered.

‘You should home too Jungshin-ah,’ Junghyuk said.

Jungshin shook his head, ‘no, I’ll be here until she passes her critical stage,’

‘We’ll be fine, Yonghwa Hyung and Minhyuk will be here too, don’t worry about us,’ Jonghyun added before Junghyuk could argue.

‘Alright, we’ll leave,’ Junghyuk said and he led he mother to her feet.

Before they leave Mrs. Lee hugged her youngest son, ‘take care of her,’ she mumbled.

‘I’ll Eomma, you rest well okay,’

The corridor fallen quite once again neither Jonghyun nor Jungshin spoke a word. After silence like for forever, the noise came through as Yonghwa and Minhyuk came.

‘What happen?’ Yonghwa asked.

‘How’s Mari?’ Minhyuk asked.

Before their questions meet an answer, Yonghwa’s eyes landed on the large glass wall where he dragged his feet closer.

 

Gasped.

 

‘We need 48 hours to know we’re still have hope or not,’ Jonghyun said flatly.

Once again, silence.

‘I’ll make call,’ Jonghyun announced and rose up without waiting anyone to reply him.

‘I’ll go buy some food,’ Minhyuk rose up as well and walked quietly behind the guitarist.

The time was ticking slowly although by evening Mari’s foster parents arrived from Busan, and created bit chaos when Mrs. Lee passed out upon seeing her daughter. Minhyuk was left then came again with Krystal dropped by after filming just to deliver the dinner because they assumed both Jonghyun and Jungshin won’t think about food anymore. Both of them left the hospital after the hyung and maknae finished up their dinner.

News was already spreading like wildfire, despite that was big case of accident it also gained more interest because Mari, the FNC magazine Editor Chief who happened to be CNBLUE’s bassist’s girlfriend was involved and at the critical stage, up to the point she will lose her life.

Thanks to the hospital management that provide security officer to guard the floor where Mari was currently in to avoid press invaded the patient privacy.

48 hours was like forever, every time they checked, every time they watched over Mari who was lying lifeless and hopeless. The long corridor felt suffocating from time to time. Everyone was anxious about the time when finally they know who her real condition is.

It was the time, the time for the doctor have word to them. Here they are, Jungshin and Jonghyun sitting side by side at the doctor’s room.

‘There good and bad news I want to deliver,’ dr. Park said, make both Jungshin and Jonghyun uneasy. ‘The bad one, Mari is in coma — cue to the sound, faint cracked of both Jungshin and Jonghyun’s heart — the good news is, she’s passed the critical stage, we already remove some of the medical tools, all I can say is she’s more presentable, but don’t hope too much yet don’t give up either.’

‘What did you mean doctor?’ Jonghyun asked.

‘In this time like this, I can’t promise you when she will wake up. It’s depend on her, if she her will is stronger than her yield, than she will, otherwise, you know what will happen. So please stay with her, she needs someone she dear the most in this time.’

 

***

 

Everyone was still in gloomy state, who wouldn’t by the way? And as dr. Park said, Mari was look more and more presentable than two days ago. She was like sleeping baby, so peaceful.

Jungshin was sitting at the chair beside the bed, gazing at the sleeping figure before him. Why such an innocent like her could have unfortunate fate?

But thanks to Jonghyun, he made Mari loved, he provided her a family, and sure he also provided her everything she need. That’s why he fully understand why Jonghyun’s was quite mad when Mr. Lee told to let Mari’s real family knows about her condition.

‘No! No Appa!!! What are you thinking to let them know?! You and Eomma are Noona’s parents!’ Jonghyun’s exploded.

‘Yah! Keep your voice down, we’re at the hospital!’ Mrs. Lee scolded her son.

‘Look, we just let them know what happen with Mari, it’s unlike we’ll let them to take Mari back. No, never! As much as we want to deny, they’re still her family,’ Mr. Lee explained.

‘Hyung, I think Abonim has point, we can’t deny if they’re still Mari’s family, we won’t let anything happen to her Hyung and I won’t let her go either,’ Jungshin said before Jonghyun could say anything.

Jonghyun scoffed, ‘but Appa, you have to promise me, you won’t let them have Noona back no matter what,’

‘Mari is my daughter, none can take her away from me,’ Mr. Lee firmly said.

‘Alright then, just let me know if she’s here, I won’t let Noona facing her alone,’

‘Jonghyun-ah,’ Mrs. Lee called.

‘No Eomma, I won’t let her meet Noona alone, she’s monster!’

‘Alright,’ Mr. Lee concluded as he rubbed his wife’s shoulders to assured that Jonghyun’s knew what he’s doing.

 

***

 

All the conversation in the dr. Park office and with Lee’s resonated on Jungshin’s ears.

He’s right, but for now, he needs time for himself. He needs to get himself compose together, because it going to be long journey for both of them. And it is the time for him to prove that love can last longer if he doesn’t want to say forever. That his love will grow even stronger after all those dreadful events. So once she wakes up, one day, she won’t question him why he loves her, or how long he will stay for her, because he already have the things to prove it.

The house was awfully quite, been two days being vacant the atmosphere seem to be colder than ever or was it because his heart was now cold? It could be. Mindlessly Jungshin walked past the spacious living room and went straight to the kitchen.

 

Grumble, grumble.

 

Yeah for the first time since his manager dropped him at the hospital, he was feeling hungry. He opened the fridge and scanned what inside it, pulling out some veggies, eggs and set it up on the kitchen table, before made way to steam the rice.

About thirty minutes later, Jungshin settled himself solely at the dining room and start munching his self-cook food. Once in while he had to wipe away his tears that streaming down without he notice that he was crying. He didn’t want to cry but the tears were like automatically flowing down.

 

Sighed.

 

I hate quite silence. He puffed out breath.

Jungshin took sometime to sit at Mari’s office home, just to feel her presence here, in their house before he processed to wash up. It’s been two days he didn’t wash up properly. And to feel the hot water running down his muscle seem lightening his everything. His mood, his frustration, his worry. It will be okay, it will.

He knew it will.

Jungshin groaned when certain scent welcoming him once he threw himself on to the soft mattress. Somehow, he feels relieve and glad that Mari reject him for that night, otherwise she will change the sheet and there no sweet scent could envelope him right now.

Another tear escape.

‘I love you, please don’t leave me this way,’ he murmured as he hug Mari’s pillow.

The same scene also happened in one of the room miles away from the building where Jungshin currently residing in. The only difference is, the woman back-hugged the guy, trying to ease the heavy feeling of her boyfriend.

Yes, it was Jinyi to try her best to comfort her Collin.

 

 

Hello.... miss me? haha I don't think you guyd will miss me though kk

I'm sorry for delaying this update. As usual I'm busy with my deadlines TT TT TT

But today, here we are an update for you guys. Yesterday finally I was able to compiled my partial chapter and I find it too long so I guess I'll make it as 3 or 4 chapter before this story really comes to an end.

I would like to thank to everyone of you, subbies, voters, commenters or just silent readers out there, thank you for your support for my first fanfic :)))

I love you guys

Ah by the way for Indonesian readers, I start my new and first novel in bahasa, please check and comments because it's been long since I writing in bahasa, let alone speaking the language in daily basis.

the title is

愛你 (Ai Ni), Dua Goresan Yang Hilang

this story is about twin brother who fall in love with the same girl. It's teenlit by the way

I'll apreciate every comment you give especially with my bahasa.

I hope you enjoy both this fic and my novel

thank you :)))