I'm Sorry

Especially for Starlights
Izzy was having a walk at the beach, watching the beautiful scenery with her lonesome heart. Her heart longed for someone, someone who used to be her companion who never got tired of her rants about how her general manager always tried to make her quit her job by giving her tasks that were almost impossible to accomplish. Fortunately, Izzy was clever enough to always find solution for every task. Behind her intelligence, was the person whom Izzy's heart longed for; Cha Hakyeon.
 
It had been months since they both talked to each other, Izzy wondered, was Hakyeon really that busy that he couldn't even send her a message?
 
"Hakyeon ah, I miss you." Izzy murmured while watching the sun sunk into the sea with a slow steadiness. With a sudden motivation, Izzy had a thought, "Maybe I should make the move." 
 
Izzy fished out her phone from her bag and sent a message to Hakyeon. It was a simple and short message, she asked Hakyeon if he was free and that she wanted to meet him. 
 
It wasn't until 2 minutes later, her phone vibrated and Izzy immediately checked her phone, only to received disappointment because Hakyeon was busy and he hadn't even have his lunch.
 
Izzy sighed in disappointment and her eyes were already breaming with tears, she missed Hakyeon. She collapsed to the ground with grief. She couldn't bear it anymore, she was angered by the fact that Hakyeon didn't even bother to say sorry to her or let her know what he was up to that caused him to be that busy.
 
After the sunset, Izzy went straight back home and had her shower. She skipped dinner and headed straight to bed immediately. She hid under her quilts and hugged the teddy bear that Hakyeon bought for her on her 18th birthday. 
 
"Why, why am I crying because of him? He isn't even my boyfriend! He never did confess to me, all he did was listen to my rants and that was all. So why am I crying when we're just friends? Stop crying already!" 
 
Izzy talked to herself for the whole night. As if the sky was feeling sorry for Izzy, it started to rain heavily. Izzy cried harder when she realized it was raining. Just like that, Izzy cried herself to sleep. 
 
The next day, Izzy woke up with her head throbbing. Nevertheless, she had her morning wash and changed into her 'office lady' outfit. When she finally came out of her room, she was surprise that a bowl of porridge was on the dining table. "I don't remember I had dinner yesterday..." Izzy thought out loud. 
 
Just then, a man who was wearing a wife beater came out from the kitchen with a white apron wrapped around his waist. "I made porridge for you. You were crying for the whole night, so I cooked your favourtie breakfast." The man said suddenly and scratched his head awkwardly. 
 
"Hakyeon ah...when did you come to my house?" Izzy asked despite her head was still throbbing. She went to the dining table and took a seat. She stared at the porridge in front of her and tried to remember what ever had happened yesterday, still, nothing seemed to make sense.
 
"I came here right after I finished working. It was already 2AM, but since you gave me password before, I easily unlocked the door and came inside. I wanted to make sure you were sound asleep so I went in to your room to check on you. Who knows, you were crying out my name and there were tear stains on your face. So I took a day off from my CEO today." Hakyeon answered with honesty and hoped that it didn't annoy Izzy.
 
When Izzy didn't reply, Hakyeon decided to explain more.
 
"You were always so busy for your work Izzy, You never had time for me, so I gave up in visiting you every day. But I know you Izzy, you need me, I'm always busy during night time and you're always busy during day time. I knew this wasn't going to work. So every time I finish working, I came here to check on you, to make sure you sleep soundly, only then, I'll go back home and have a rest."
 
After Hakyeon's explaination, Izzy thought of how she was always the only one who stayed in the office to finish her work, she never liked bringing her work home. So she finished them all in the office every day before she went back home. Now then, it made sense to her. It wasn't that Hakyeon got so busy that he never cared for her anymore, it was her. She was always so busy and that she never really had time for Hakyeon. And while she was complaining how Hakyeon was a jerk, Hakyeon was actually there for her every dawn, to make sure nothing happened to her. 
 
Izzy's head stopped throbbing but she felt a pang on her heart. She was the one that hurt the feeling of the man she longed for this entire time. She got up and rushed to Hakyeon and hugged hakyeon as tight as she could.
 
"I'm sorry Hakyeon ah! I'm so sorry! I've always been a workaholic, I never thought of your feelings, I never really cared about you and yet I still blamed you for not talking to me for months when it was actually the exact oppposite of it. I'm sorry Hakyeon ah, I never realised that I needed you so much that I've actually fallen for you so deeply and there isn't a way for me to forget you. Please forgive me."
 
Izzy confessed all of her feelings at once and she was literally crying all over Hakyeon.
 
"I love you Izzy, I never got mad at you, I don't have to forgive you." Hakyeon replied and broke the hug. He Izzy's hair and stared deeply into her eyes, "Knowing that you love me too is enough for me. From now on, you are my girlfriend." Hakyeon continued and gave a passionate kiss to Izzy.