Chapter 1

What's so wrong with being gay?

Jonghyun's POV~

 

"Ehhhhh~Key, Jessica noona is soo pretty" I coo, giving him yet another daily hug.

He forces a smile. "Deh she is." 

I try to ignore his hesitaiton and grin broadly as we take out seats in the cafeteria. Next to Key is Taemin and I on either sides of him, my other side containing Onew, who was seated next to Taemin, who sat with Minho. We formed a perfect (ish) circle.

I knew Key loved me. He confessed a couple weeks ago. But so far it hasn't ruined our special friendship and I know it never will. "Hey...um....so Jonghyun.....can I have your chicken. I mean, you're not eating it so I thought..."

"Yea sure." I say, sliding it towards him. He grins sheepishly, picking up his fork and munching slowly.

"Hey" Key starts. "I was wondering...would you guys be my friend if I was gay? Biual?"

I gulp.

"Why do you ask?" Minho suddenly blurts. "I wouldn't. Gays are disgusting. I mean, seriously. Who likes kissing people of the same ?" He begins laughing.

"That's not very nice." Taemin cuts in. "I have gay friends and their some of the kindest people out there. Their just different, that's all."

"Yea sure. Whatever. So Key, why are you asking us?"

Key laughs nervously. "Well....." he stares at Onew and Taemin for support. "I like this guy and I think I'm bi"

"Who's this guy?" Minho asks.

"Uh....well..." he begins, but is cut off my Taemin.

"It's okay if Key wants to keep it a secret, hyung."

I sigh. Yea, Taemin knew about Key's feelings too. I heard that Key asked Taemin to talk to me about it. Personally, I was afraid. A guy liking me? It was wierd. I mean, I had nothing against gays but they creeped me out. I was in love with someone already. Shin Se Kyung, hottest actress ever.

But then again, I wasn't famous.

"I feel kinda wierd about Key, Hyung. What if he stares at us when we take showers? Dont' you find that...disgusting? It's so uncomfortable." Minho whispers in my ear.

I turn to Key, who looks like he's about to cry. I fear he has heard Minho's remark. He stands up silently, and leaves without looking back.

"Yah! KIBUMMIE!!" Onew screams and runs towards him.

Key loved me. He loved me yet I didn't love him back. Quite angsty if you ask me. But I had to admit, we did act like a couple at times. I mean, I was one of the only people he ever really hugged (and everyday too), the only one he was never ever mad at, and I could talk so easily around him. Around others, he could be the Ice Prince(or princess, whichever you prefer). He greatly disliked many of the girls in the school. But he never once said anything bad about me. He believed his confession would not ruin our friendship.

It didn't. We talked normally to eachother still. We passed notes in class, acting as if we were a couple in those simple love notes. I loved it. He was my best friend. Little did I know that those little notes were what he actually felt.

"Yah. Jonghyun! What the hell. Why are you spacing out all of a sudden?" Minho yells. I shake my head and smile. "Nothing."

"That really was not nice Minho. Key's our best friend. You shouldn't have said Gays are disgusting." Taemin says, distaste written all over his sweet innocent face.

"They are. And I bet the guy he loves is totally straight! You don't get many gays anymore. It's wrong and he knows it. The guy he loves is probably just some good looking bastard." he nags.

Taemin searches earnestly for something to say back and fails. "Fine then" He stands up. "I'm going to see Key hyung. He needs some comforting."

"Oh Come. ON! Onew's already there"

"SO? KEY NEEDS ME AND I KNOW IT!" And he storms off, leaving me with Minho.

"Uh...Oh I forgot. The teacher needed my help. See you later, Minho." I say, excusing myself and searching my contacts for Onew's number.

"Oh kay. See you." Minho says.

I leave and select Onew's number, calling him to see where Kibum is.

"Hello?" Onew says.
"Hey Onew. Where's Key?"
"Oh. He's next to me."
"Helpful, hyung"
"Haha. Okay. We're at that tree. You know where it is."
"Thanks"
"Your welcome."

And we both hang up. The tree. That was where we all became best friends.

I exited the building and found Taemin's seated figure on the clean cut grass.

"Hey Taemin." I say. Then I look behind the tree trunk. "Whoaa...."

"Yea I know. I look terrible don't I?" Key says. His face was a deep shade of red and his eyeliner smeared as endless tears escaped his feline like eyes.

"Um...yea. You okay?" I ask.

Onew glares at me. "Whoever he likes better get ready. Cos I'm gonna punch him senseless for making Key like him."

I slightly laugh at that. Onew? Beat me? Impossible.  "Mmhm. Yea sure"

Taemin stares wide eyed at Onew. "You dont' know who Key likes, hyung?"

Onew shakes his head. "Who is it?"

"It's Jonghyun." Taemin says.

"OH. You mean Lee Jonghyun from that band...CNBLUE, right?"

Taemin groans. "NOOO YOU STUPID TOFU! IT'S THAT JONGHYUN!" He points at me.

"Oh....." Onew trails and ends up laughing. "K-key...you like that dork? AHAHAHHAHAH!"

Key pouts and covers his face with his girly hands. "Yes..."

"Um...I'm gonna go now..." I say and leave. So he loves me. Big deal. He'll probably forget in a month or two, right? I'm not that lovable...Okay I am. I'm absolutely adorable. But I am STRAIGHT.

 

Taemin's POV~

 

"Key..it's okay. Don't cry. I'm sure Minho didn't mean what he said, you know? He's just being the brat he always was."

He smiles at that. "Taemin thank you."

By tthen, Onew had already left to flirt with some girls.

"Taemin ah...I feel so empty. My heart....it's almost like it's numb. As much as I love Jonghyun...he won't ever love me in that way. As much love as you give me...I almost can't feel it though I know we're best friends. I feel...incomplete."

"Deh Key....it's gonna be okay. You'll move on."

"I don't think so. I've liked him for two years now. We've been best friends forever. He's the only one I want...remember last week? When Onew hyung, You, and I watched that movie together at my house..." he croaks. "....We were all, like sharing the same blanket and falling asleep with eachother on the sofa. You, Onew, and I were so happy. But I wasn't...not fully at least. I had this urge to want to sleep with Jonghyun...*pause* not in that way...but just to simply lie next to eachother.

"He doesn't love me and he never will. He won't be willing to kiss me cos I'm a guy. If I was a girl it would be different.....but no"

I rub his back and give him an encouraging smile. "You're my hyung, Key. You're always strong. Stay that way, okay?"

Key nods his head meekly and wipes away his tears. The bell rings for the next period and we head off together. His expression had totally changed. Damn did he know how to act. "Taemin!" he screams. "We're gonna be late for class! Hurry up~"

He tugs on my sleeve, nearly running towards the building, and dragging me along like a doll.

He didn't look at all sad anymore. No tears. No nothing. Just his diva-ish smile.

I grinned. "Kay Hyung. Let's go."

And we leave.

 

~

 

Ehhhh~updated! Yay~ *happy dances* I already have 6 subscribers! You guys are soooo sweet. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to your comments. If there's anything you think is needed in this story, don't be afraid to say it! I'm all out,unless it's mean and said rudely...then I won't be too happy....

OH! And I's still very curious about which I role I play in this  story. If you can guess write, Ill tell you a little secret, okay? Well. more like tell all of you. So guess well!

~Comment and Subscribe~