Chapter 1

Someplace Old, Someone New

          The plane landed in the evening in Korea, after you and you parents had collected all their luggage, they walked out towards the exit.

          "Ama! Apa!" a deep voice yelled from behind them.

          The three of you turned around and your eyes widened.

          "OPPA!!" you yell jumping into your brothers arms as he wrapped his arm around you tightly. The last time you had seen your brother was about two years ago when he came to visit you guys in the states.

          "Annyeong Hyojin" he said grinning while ruffling your hair. "Annyeong Ama, Apa, welcome back" he bowed to them.

          "Ah, Yong Guk my son" your mom said wrapping his arms around him as your dad nodded happily at him.

          "How are you? How was the flight?" he asked as he lead the three of you out to the car waiting.

          "It was good, but you know I hate flying" their dad said, "I slept pretty much the full twelve hours." He laughed, "How's my son?"

          "Which one? The business or the one that runs the business?" Yong Guk joked.

          "Both?" the father replied sheepishly.

          "We managed to make another deal last month and a lot of our clients are happy that you're moving HQ back to Korea" Yong Guk answered, "And this osn is fine,."

          "Do you have a girlfriend yet??" their mom asked with hopeful eyes.

          "Ani Ama" Yong Guk said.

          She only pouted.

          "Now now Yeobo, let's not pressure him into a family yet, he's only twenty one you know?" their dad said patting her on the back.

          "Aish, 21 will turn 30 and he'll still stay single" she said still pouting.

          "Ahhh Ama! Apa already trusts me with the business, I'll find a girlfriend when I have the time." Yong Guk assured her wrapping his arm around her."Yah, what don’t I treat you to a nice shopping spree neh? Would that make you happy?"

          Your moms's face instantly brightened and she reached up to kiss her sons cheeks, "Kamsamida son" she said happily causing their Apa to shake his head.

          You watch the interaction of your parents and your brother, you missed that when Yong Guk wasn’t around. That was the only thing you missed. Other than that, you wanted to be back in America with your friends.

          Sighing you watched the men put your bags get packed into the car.

          "Ama, I'll take Hyojin with me. You and Apa take the car back" Yong Guk said opening the door for them.

          That shook you out of her trance, "Bwoh?" you ask looking at Yong Guk.

          "Why don’t I treat my little sister out to some dinner tonight?" he asked grinning you, your eyes instantly brightening.

          "Are you sure?" Your Ama asked looking at you. "If you have work to do…"

          "Ani, ani" Yong Guk said pushing her into the car, "Let me spend some time with my little sister who I haven't seen in two years and let me tell her the news" he said grinning.

          Her mom gave her a skeptical look before smiling, "Arasso, I'll let you tell her then. We'll see you later" she waved as well as their father and the car they were in drove off.

          "Bwoh?" you ask, "Tell me what?"

          "I'll tell you at dinner, lets go. Bali" he said leading you to the valet where he had his car.

          During the drive to the city, Yong Guk asked you as you looked out the window as the passing buildings go by.

          "So how do you feel? About the move and all"

          Hyojin shrugged looking out the window.

          "Yah," he said, "I know you're upset about it but think of this as starting a new okay? Life will be so much better here"

          "Not when I'm living under that roof" you mutter clutching your jeans.

          Yong Guk only sighed running a hand through his hair and looked at his you from the corner of his eye and shook his head.

          "What did you have to tell me anyways Oppa" You ask later as you move  food around on your plate.

          You guys  were eating at one of the noodles shops in Cheomdamdong, it was your favorite place to go whenever you visited. It wasn’t really fine dining or what your family ate  but you and Yong Guk loved the noodles here. It was like your special little place.

          "I was talking to Ama and Apa before the move and kind of discussed what we were going to do with you and your education." Yong Guk started.

          "Obviously" you mutter. It's like you get any say in what you do.

          "BUT" he said, "I asked them to let you live with me" he noticed the shocked look on your face.

          "Ah…Jinja?" you ask him, your previous mood gone.

          "Neh" he replied grinning, "I told them that I'd take full responsibility for you and your schooling and the place you live."

          "Wae?" you ask tiliting your head to the side.

          He grinned at you, "I want what's best for my sister, and Ama and Apa will be busy with the hotel business so I figured, since Apa's taking care of the business now, I'll take a small break and get you settled in." he leaned back on his chair, "Plus, I've enrolled you at Seoul International School  and it's already been paid for. They saw your grades and you're in for next week"

          "Ah" you said nodding slowly totally shocked. You were speechless. Completely speechless.

          "What no 'Kamsamida Oppa!!'" He mimicked in a horrible imitation of your voice causing you to glare at him but smile anyways.

          "Kamsamida Oppa" you say, "Kamsamida 100x" you say.

          "Anything for my little sister" he said reaching over and ruffled your hair.

          After paying the bill, he took you back to the place your parents would be staying and noticed that it was fairly small. Not small small but it was only two bedrooms and a study and the bedrooms were larger than your room in the states but not by much.

          "Bwoh?" you say looking around, "It's smaller than Ama described it"

          Yong Guk chuckled, "Did she tell you that you'd have a walk in closet and big stuff?"

          You nod.

          "I was describing your room" your Ama said, "Not our new place."  She grinned, "Be good for Yong Guk, arasso? If you're bad, he'll send you back here"

          You nod quickly, "Arasso" you say, "Kamsamida!" you yell hugging her tightly.

          "Neh, Neh" she said patting your head, "Go thank your father for approving. He was the hesitant one"

          You quickly run into the study where your father sat on the phone and wrapped your arms around him from behind. "Kamsamida Apa for letting me stay with Oppa" you say kissing his cheek.

          "You're 17 and almost ready to graduate high school. I think you need to be more independent" your father whispered covering the phones mouth piece. "Don’t give Yong Guk a hard time arasso?" he grinned and thought for a moment, "Well actually give him a little bit of a hard time" he said using his thumb and index finger to emphasize what he meant.

          You laugh, "Neh, Apa" you hug him tighter before running out to meet Yong Guk.

          "Ready to go?" he asked.

          "Neh" you say and turn to your mom to give her a tight hug, "Kumawo Ama again!" and you follow Yong Guk out the door.

          As the two of you got to his place, you were amazed at how big and modern it was compared to where your parents lived and the fact that it was a near the top of a really tall apartment. It was big but basic. The walls were a light blue and there were a few white leather couches in one of the living rooms with a big window on one end where you could see almost the whole city of Seoul and a flat screen TV  fixed onto the wall in the other room you saw a pool table . The kitchen, from what you could see looked very modern with light marble counters and a dual oven along with a really big fridge. The place had at least four rooms, one you guessed was yours and the other his and his study. The patio was decent in size with a few pieces of patio furniture, he probably had friends come over a lot. To be honest, as you looked around this thing screamed bachelor pad. 

          "This is it" he said throwing his keys on the counter, "Your stuff is already here waiting in your room. Which is this way " he lead you down the hall to a room, as he opened the door you gasped. It was big, but the way it was decorated had you almost squealing.

          It was light blue, just like the living room but it had a cherry blossom tree painted near the window that had a seat so you could sit and read when you wanted to. The cherry blossom tree angled over the window and some of the petals were painted falling and it looked like they were dancing with the wind. Your bed was a queen sized and sat in the middle of the room with a grey cherry blossom comforter and plush pillows. You had about three or four bookshelves and a desk for you to work on. The closet was a big walk in, that had a bathroom attached on the inside and a large sliding door separated it from your bedroom. All in all, it was what you had always wanted. You remember describing this to Yong Guk when you were kids and always hoped for this kind of room.

          "Do you like it?" Yong Guk asked as you stared in awe.

          "Neh!" you say happily walking in and looked around. Everything was actually already in its place. Just waiting for you.

          Launching yourself into his arms you hug him tightly, "Kamsamida Oppa." You thanked him a 100 times as he chuckled.

          "Anything for my little sister" he ruffled your hair. "I bought you a new backpack for school." He grabbed something from beside your desk.  It was white with a light brown leather boarder with floral patterns . It had two pockets and a light brown leather sling.

          "I love it Oppa" you say staring at it in awe.

          "I figured you'd want to start off your new school fresh" he said, "You start school tomorrow, so I suggest you get some sleep and get ready for the day arasso? Your uniform's in the closet hanging up already. Oh and your clothes are still in the boxes so you have to unpack those tomorrow. We'll go out for breakfast and I'll drive you to school, arasso?"

          "Neh" you said nodding happily, "Kamsamida again Oppa, you don’t know how much it means to me to be here"

          He shook his head smiling, "Like I said, anything for you" he kissed your forehead. "Make yourself at home, you live here now" he grinned before walking out and shutting the door but peaked his head in again, "If you need anything, my room is right across from yours"ㅜ

          "Neh, Kamsamida" you said bowing to him before the door was completely shut.

          You sigh happily, looking around the room. Everything was in it's place and it looked perfect. You went into your closet and found some pajamas before going under your covers and drifting off to sleep.

          A/N: Hi!!!!!!! So this is the first chapter of "Someplace old, Someone new" I hope you all like it!  I wanted to write a different fic since Ive been writing a lot of BAP lately so here it is. I hope you give this a chance!