The Newbie

[Longfic] Cloudy Sky

* A/N: Dear my readers <3

I've edited my foreword, so that in case you've not read it, I'll notice you guys again:

This fic is a romance, so please don't be so disappointed if you think it was a funny story T__T

And it's a Chan-centric!

-------------------------------------------

 

Chap 1: The Newbie

 

JYP building. At five in the afternoon. The practising room was scorching hot.

 

“As yet they haven’t gave us any air-conditioners! How can we be cool enough with only a very-small-fan like this?”

 

Taecyeon scolded while pointing at an old fan which was working at full capacity, but still wasn’t enough to dry beats of sweat dripping on six young boys’ faces. Jaebeom was sitting, his head leaned against the wall, eyes closed tightly. Nichkhun, Junho, Junsu and Wooyoung were glassily staring into space; they weren’t even able to groan like Taecyeon. The somersault training session with high intensity a little while ago actually had deprived all their strength.

 

Just at that moment, the door of the practising room was opened.   

 

…………… —»¯«—Ç£øu¶)ÿ §¶«y—»¯«— ……………

 

“Hello everybody!”

 

A strange girl came into the room, making her bow to six boys. Following her was Chul Yong hyung – their somersault trainer.

 

“You guys, come here! Here is Hwang Chansung-ssi, since today she has to learn somersault, so she’ll share this practising room with you. Take care of her!”

 

All six boys stared at the strange girl at the same time. Chansung was very tall, thin, long hair done high up in a knot. She was wearing a black cotton T-shirt, a pair of grey pyjamas trousers, and a pair of old sneakers which were worn-out a little bit. She bowed again.

 

“Please take care of me!”

 

“Channie!!”, shouted suddenly Junho, making other boys start. Chansung opened her eyes wide, but after having recognized Junho, her beautiful pink lips immediately bloomed into a smile.

 

“Nuneo!!”

 

Junho stood up in a heartbeat, ran to put his hand over Chansung’s shoulder. Those five boys still couldn’t close their opened mouths.

 

…………… —»¯«—Ç£øu¶)ÿ §¶«y—»¯«— ……………

 

“So, actually… you’re Junho’s bestfriend, aren’t you?”, asked Junsu. Chansung nodded, smiling.

 

“Yes.”

 

Junho laughed lightly, turning to her.

 

“Let me introduce. The person who just asked you is Junsu hyung. And the shortest one in our group is Jaebeom hyung, here he is!”     

 

“Yah!! This kid, I’m not short!!”

 

Jaebeom’s shout drowned everyone’s guffaws. Junho continued to say while chuckling.

 

“And here is Taecyeon hyung aka a-lot-of-tooth mouse!”

 

Taecyeon – who was rocked with laughter, immediately felt silent. He sat up, hit Junho’s head without mercy while others were laughing loudly.

 

“It hurts, hyung!! You’re so violent!” Junho yelled, then continued to point at a boy who had chubby cheeks sitting at the corner of the room. “Here is Wooyoung hyung.”

 

Chansung bowed to them in turn following Junho’s introduction. And finally, her look stopped at a white-skinned boy who was wearing a red T-shirt. He had a very gentle face.

 

“The last one is Nichkhun hyung. He’s Thai, therefore he can’t understand Korean well yet.”

 

“Hi.” Nichkhun smiled. His smile was even nicer than the sun.

 

“Oh hi.”

 

Chansung hurriedly bowed back. There was something strange appeared in her stomach, but she didn’t know what it was.

 

…………… —»¯«—Ç£øu¶)ÿ §¶«y—»¯«— ……………

 

At first, the boys thought that Chansung would only learn simple movements. But, one week, and then two weeks elapsed… The exercises kept growing more and more difficult, and there was no sign of them being stopped. Nichkhun, Junho, Junsu, Taecyeon, Jaebeom and Wooyoung couldn’t help shaking their heads, when they saw that little girl practised, felt down, then stood up again, then practised again, felt down, then stood up again… So many times. 

 

One day, after the boys’ exercises had been over, Junho came close to Chansung who was sitting panting in the corner of the room. Sweat was dripping on her exhausting face and rolling down her neck, her shirt was soaked.

 

“Take a rest Channie, it’s night.”

 

He gave her a cold water bottle, smiling. Chansung raised her eyes and looked at Junho in a moment, then looked down back.

 

“No. Just go home, I will when I finished.”

 

“Don’t mortify yourself too much, or you’ll die of exhaustion!”

 

Chansung looked up at Junho again, then brought the bottle up her lips and drank nearly over the water in one go. The heart-shaped lips smiled weakly.

 

“I’m not tired. Just go home.”

 

Then she stood up and went to the middle of the room, continued to force her exhausting body to move. Junho quietly sat looking at Chansung. A little later, he stood up.

 

“I’ll do with you.”

 

“Nuneo, you don’t need to…”

 

“I want to stay with you.” Junho quickly cut in. “Moveover, there are still some parts that I’m not yet able to perform well.”

 

Then he smiled looking at Chansung. She embarrassedly smiled back. ‘The most beautiful smile in this world’, Junho thought.

 

…………… —»¯«—Ç£øu¶)ÿ §¶«y—»¯«— ……………

 

The image of a girl who always tried her best in training made a very nice impression on other five boys. Naturally, they started to train harder too, no longer groaning, no longer being lazy. On the one hand, they didn’t want to be inferior to a girl. On the other hand, it was almost their debut day.

 

One night, six boys were asked to come into the office of their CEO – Mr. Park Jin Young. He was a serious and fantastic middle-aged man, who always hid his real characters under his friendly and gentle face.

 

When all the boys had stood in a line in front of Park Jin Young’s desk, the CEO spoke deliberately.

 

“I called you guys in, in order to announce your forthcoming debut plan.”

 

All the boys’ eyes lit up. The day which they had been waiting for, the day which they had been training very hard for, finally came.

 

“But first, I have a question.”

 

Mr. Park paused, looked at all of them at once, then continued.

 

“Hwang Chansung, who has been training with you for a month… How do you think about her?”

 

An odd silence immediately wrapped the room. No one could understand the implication behind their CEO’s question. Did he just ask merely, or want to insinuate something else?

 

“She…” Finally, Jaebeom said. “…very diligent. Always be the first one to enter the practising room, and also be the last one to come back home.”

 

“Moreover, she somersaults very well.” Added Junho. They all nodded. That was a fact that all of them approved of.

 

“Anything else?”

 

Mr. Park glanced at their every face. Came again a silence. Then Junsu spoke with a halt.

 

“Chansung-ssi, she’s… very beautiful.”

 

The other boys turned around to look at Junsu at the same time, including Nichkhun – whose Korean listening and understanding ability was still very bad. Unexpectedly, Junsu felt his ears got hot.

 

“Is there anyone who found at Chansung something you aren’t satisfied with?

 

All of them quickly shook their heads, still didn’t understand their CEO’s intention. How Chansung was in their eyes, and their debut, the two events were unrelated.

 

“Good.” Mr. Park continnued, still didn’t take his eyes off the six boys. “So I guess… when she became a member in your group, there’ll be no question.”

 

…………… —»¯«—Ç£øu¶)ÿ §¶«y—»¯«— ……………