Three

Change

 

Later that night, Rin sat on her bed, alone in her room.

 

 

 She was still thinking about earlier’s conversation with Kim and Kei. Having confessed to them that she indeed has a disease somehow felt….light to her. And that is just weird. She thought that she should feel guilty because she knows that she just made two of her friends worry about her, but she felt the opposite. She felt light, like one of her problems has been solved already.

 

 

 Now she has two people to talk to about her condition. Yes. Two people. Even her family doesn’t know about this.

 

 

 “Why not do the things you really wanted to do?”

 

 

 Her friends’ words rang back again in her ears. And this was what she was thinking of hours ago.

 

 

 Nowadays she’s mostly been quiet. She always chose to sit on the corner and just speak whenever she was asked a question. She’s always passing whenever her friends would invite her to come over their house for a sleepover or anything. In short, she wasted a whole month of her life by separating herself away from her friends.

 

 

  She took a deep breath.

 

 

 Inhale…

 

 

 Exhale…

 

 

 That’s it.

 

 

 ~.~.~.~.~

 

 

 “OHAYOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!” Rin entered her classroom as she slam opened the door with a loud thud. Each and everyone of her classmates turned and looked at her with shocked expression on their faces. Well, who wouldn’t be surprised when your classroom is in perfect silence and then somebody comes in yelling? Also, this was Rin. And they’ve all noticed her silence this past month.

 

 

 Kim and Kei, who were sitting beside each other, were also quite surprised upon seeing Rin in this jolly state. Grins were soon formed on their faces once they saw Rin approaching their direction.

 

 

 “OHAYOOOO INUU-SAN, OHAYOOO NEKO-SAN!!!” Rin greeted her good morning as she ruffled both of her friends’ hair with both of her hands at the same time.

 

 

 “Ohayo!!” Kim and Kei greeted her.

 

 

 “It’s good to see you like this.” Kim said, not being able to hide her smile.

 

 

 Rin grinned back. “You guys sort of woke me up..Arigatou!!”

 

 

 “Ohayoww!!” Rin felt an arm wrap around her shoulder but then she was released almost immediately after a split second.

 

 

 “What’s going on here?? Eh?” Hikaru asked the three people.

 

 

 Kim and Kei grinned at him.

 

 

 “Nothing much… We’re just happy.” Kei answered.

 

 

 Meanwhile, Rin was still blinking, processing the moment that Hikaru Yaotome, the one and only love of her life, wrapped his arm around her…even for just a split second.

 

 

 “So you’re happy??” Hikaru leaned in closer to Rin’s face.

 

 

 “H-hai…” Rin stuttered.

 

 

 “Well then that’s good!” Hikaru ruffled her hair with a huge smile on his face. “Shall we celebrate? Rin-chan is now herself!” he looked at Kei, Rin, and Kim for nods.

 

 

 “HAI!!!”

 

 

 ~.~.~

 

 

 *Lunch break…*

 

 

Everyone except Rin and Hikaru had already left the room to eat their lunch.

 

 

Hikaru was busy tuning his guitar while Rin was still revising her notes on the previous discussion.

 

 

  Do what you really wanted to do….

 

 

 Rin suddenly remembered what Kim and Kei told her.

 

 

 “Should I…?” she thought this question to herself.

 

 

 She had always wanted to do this…To confess to Hikaru. However, she always had no courage to execute the confession at all. Everything was just planning and ended at just planning. But now... she is determined to do so. She hasn’t planned this at all now but she doesn’t care. She doesn’t care whether this guy likes her in the way she likes him or not. If he rejects her, then it’s fine. She knows Hikaru. And she has this faith that even though she has confessed to him and got rejected, Hikaru would still act as a friend. She trusts him in that way.

 

 

 “Anou… Hika-chan…” Rin said, approaching Hikaru who was still busy tuning his guitar.

 

 

 “Hmmm?” Hikaru said while plucking the fifth string.

 

 

 “I…I have something to tell you..”

 

 

 “What is it??” Hikaru was still not lifting his head up to face Rin as he was still busy on his beloved guitar.

 

 

 “WILL YOU PLEASE LOOK AT ME WHILE I CONFESS TO YOU???” Rin said in a loud voice and this pretty much INDEED make Hikaru lift his head up. He even put down his guitar on his chair as he stood up.

 

 

 “While you WHAT??” he blinked. And Rin too BLINKED. AND BLINKED. AND BLINKED.

 

 

Her eyes widened upon the realization that SLIPPED. But…there’s NO backing out to it now.

 

 

 “I said, LOOK AT ME WHILE I CONFESS TO YOU!!” Rin yelled at him.

 

 

 “Rin-chan…” Hikaru said.

 

 

 “I-I’ve always liked you. F-from the very start…” Rin continued.

 

 

 “Mou~ Rin-chan…” Hikaru scratched the back of his head. “YOU’VE COMPLETELY RUINED IT.”

 

 

 “Eh?” Rin said, almost in the verge of crying.

 

 

 “I WAS JUST PREPARING MY GUITAR WHICH I WILL USE FOR MY CONFESSION TO YOU!! MOUUUU~~”

 

 

>>CHAPTER END<<