Chapter 02

Broken Flower

Chapter 02

"Questions & Answers"


 

Su Min rushed down the stairs. She was on the verge of tears. The heavens were laughing at her in her head, laughing at how stupid it was for her to fall for their trick. She felt a tear slip as she felt that feeling of defeat once again. She let out a laugh, even she found it ridiculous how she thought that there would be someone who could save her. That maybe, just maybe someone would pull her out of this misery. She sighed as she stopped her tracks, feeling nothing but utter disgust for herself. 

She entered her empty classroom, everyone had left for lunch. All except Su Min. She had never joined anyone for lunch. Partially because she hated how others would stare at her scars, and also because she didn't have that much amount of paper in her wallet to have all three meals a day. But it was mostly because she forced herself to starve. It had become habit now, and if she had to eat, she would feel dirty and guilty. Because those demons would bring her down, destroy her more.

Because if all these started because she wanted to be beautiful, all these would end once those demons approved of her beauty. And that would mean starving herself to bones and ribs. Because they would only approve of her, once they could see only bones and that thin layer of skin covering them. Nothing more, and definitely nothing less. That was what she defined beauty as - thin with visible, protruding bones.

She walked over to her table, she just needed to block everything out now. She reached for her bag and searched for her player, but soon panicked when she couldn't find it. Her player was something she held closely to her. It was the only thing that gave her peace and sleep. Well, other than her metal friends. 

She searched frantically for her player. But it was nowhere to be found. She ran a hand through her hair and gripped it hard, almost pulling it out from its roots. She was just about to scream in frustration when she heard a voice. That same voice.

"Looking for this?" He held her player up and waved it before walking over to their tables and placed it down. "Why are you getting so frustrated?" He smiled and ruffled her hair. Su Min's eyes widened.

That, that was all it took to send tears running down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" His tone was filled with shock and worry. Something Su Min hadn't heard in ages. She swore she felt her heart feel so much lighter. She felt her heart beat again, she felt alive. She looked up at him, tears still spilling out. "Don't cry." He said and wiped away her tears with his thumbs. 

It was the first time she felt that warm. But she was too afraid to let it overwhelm her. It was just another trick, that was what she told herself. She was afraid, that if she opened herself to him, he would leave her and she would just be more pathetic. 

"Stop it." She pushed his hands away. Kai stared at her, confused. "Stop acting like you care." Su Min threw a glare, filled with hatred. 

That, was when he noticed her eyes. Those beautiful, sad eyes screamed sadness, pain. It screamed for help in silence. Those eyes were puffy, red, like she had been crying the night before. 

She wiped her tears away and walked away from him. She grabbed her player and placed them in. 

"I do care." Kai blurted, even he was surprised he said such a thing. He was cursing at himself mentally, wondering why he said something that could have given her the wrong idea, but stopped once he saw that she was already asleep. He sighed.

He sat beside her and stared at her. He started to wonder about the girl beside him. Why her eyes were red, why her eyes were filled with pain. Why she drew a line between her and everyone else. Why she seemed so broken. Then he wondered, why was he caring so much for a class mate who couldn't even open up to him? Why did he care so much for her?

She gave him so much questions.

 

...

 

The sun melted into the sky that become orange and yellow. As soon as the hallways turned dark, the bell rang for school to finally be over. Kai sighed a sigh if relief and flung his arms up to stretch while he smiled. He picked up his belongings and threw them into his bag. He noticed the girl on the table beside him, he saw that she was still asleep. He hesitated to wake her but he wouldn't want her to be locked up either. 

"Hey." He nudged her and waited for her to lift her head.

She got up and grabbed her bag and brushed past Kai. The young boy grabbed her before she could leave the room and held her back. "Wait." He said before rummaging through his bag, searching for something. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote something. 

"Here" He said and stretched out his arms to give it to her.

Su Min stared at the paper, it was filled with numbers. She guessed that it was his. Now she wondered why the boy was giving her his number, but she wasn't that interested to know why. Neither was she keen on accepting it. It wasn't like they were close, and she was going to open up to him either. She turned her head away and ignored his request.

He grabbed her once again, wanting her to take his paper. "Take it." He insisted, but when he saw the girl not moving at all, he took the paper and placed it in her pocket. "I'll help you, if you need anyone." He said with a smile that sent shivers down her spine - in a good way. "Bye." He waved and left her.

Su Min stared at the piece in her hands. She felt a pound in her heart, but a stab came right after. She didnt know whether she could trust him. She was afraid, to be quite honest. She was afraid of getting close, getting hurt. And she warned the heavens, that if they dared to mess with her once again,

they would just have to take her into the gates of Hell.

 

...

 

In a room, where darkness lurks, where demons come alive to bring nightmares into your life, Su Min curled herself into a corner. There was water in her eyes, blood on her arms. She bit the skin of her lips as she felt the tears come. The voices never kept quiet, and she felt so empty and alone. That was one of the feelings Su Min hated the most, to not feel sadness, or happiness. Just plain loneliness and emptiness while your head spins with the screams in your head. 

She didn't leave for school today, she couldn't. With all the bruises and scars she received from the night before, she just couldn't. Her body was filled with scars, purple spots everywhere. From her wrists, her arms, her thighs and even her hips and stomach. Every part of her, was filled with self destruction. She couldn't let anyone see her now, definitely not now, especially when there's Kai now.

She opened her palms that was filled with crimson red, and stared at the paper. The paper Kai had given her. She stared at his numbers.

 

"Will he hate me, if i tell him?"

'He hates you, he finds you annoying.'

"He's different, isn't he?"

'He'll never like you, what are you thinking? Don't be funny, you're so ugly.'

"But he said he cared."

'You think he cares? He thinks you're crazy, don't be delusional.'

"I know."

'You're worthless and ugly, no one would ever want you, you're bound to be alone forever so forget it.'

 

She placed it down again, curling up once more.

 

 

When will they ever stop messing with her mind?

 

 

 


 

[A/N]

Hey! sorry for the long waaaiiitt :< 

exo growl omg dying crying

-Pyong

Do Comment&Subsribe!