Chapter 01

Broken Flower

Chapter 01

"Kai"


 

She looked into the mirror. A frown grew on her face, she hated what she saw in the mirror. It was ugly to her. Voices shouted at her, screaming in her head. They screamed at her for being so ugly. A tear slid down, she just wanted to be like the other girls, and she wanted to feel pretty. Anger grew in her. The more she looked at her reflection, the more she hated it. She picked up her chair and threw it at the pitiful image she saw. It shattered and faded away. She smiled, happy to get rid of the monster. But she frowned again, not long after.

She raised her left arm; she saw the scars she made last night. The signs of her hurt, the pain. She regretted trading her body, her own soul, for that moment when all the voices in her would just be quiet and stare at the blood. But she missed it now.

She took a piece of glass from below and stared into it. She saw her reflection once again. Angered, she took it and cut it deep on her arm, deeper than before. She wanted to let those voices know what they’re doing to her. But this time, they wouldn’t go away. They stayed.

She was stunned, but fell as soon as they started. She curled up, she let the tears fall. The sadness was growing in her again. She didn’t know when it started - All those voices, her tears, her sleepless nights, her solitude. Maybe after those days of bullying, or maybe after she decided that the world was nothing but a place for cruel, evil two-faced backstabbers.  

All she knew was that she was going to be like this for quite some time, and that no one would ever care enough to save her. Because those voices would only end their torture, once they end her

 

-

 

School was one thing that she hated the most, besides human nature. It was an utter waste of time for her, since she knew her future would just be a blank paper, maybe she wouldn't even be able to last to her "future". But she couldn't escape it either. She didn't want the teachers to be climbing all over her, acting like they actually cared, deciding whether she needed help from a mental hospital. No, she didn't want anyone's help. 

So she decided to attend it, but she wasn't planning on being noticed at all. She just wanted to blend in, so that nobody knew her, so that no one could pretend to care about her. That was the problem with Su Min, she needed help, but she wouldn't let anyone in. She denies the fact that she's not okay, but she knows it too well that she's not. 

She found every single person at her school superficial, spiteful. She had utter disgust for them.

Su Min sighed as she entered her class. Her class was the worst and failing class. Delinquents, repeats, bimbos, s. The worst of the worst, to be  exact. It was a good thing though, that they would let Su Min isolate herself. That was the only thing she liked about them.

"Yah, settle down." Her homeroom teacher entered. He had brought in a guy, that somehow got every girl drooling. They were cheering and screaming at how handsome he was but all Su Min did was stare coldly. She couldn't understand how they would be so excited.

New addition to this disgusting human population. She thought, as she curled her hair back to place her earphones in.

She turned her music to the maximum and looked out the window. Nature and music were the only two things she loved in this cruel world, but sadly humans had to come into her view. She furrowed her eyebrows in frustration and turned her head away, deciding to just blank out. She rested her head on her arms and closed her eyes while embracing the music that played. She was so tired from all those sleepless nights. But she couldn't sleep even if she wanted to, those voices wouldn't let her.

Her thoughts were interuppted when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She raised her head slightly, just enough to catch a glimpse of who it was. She wondered too, who would ever care or dare to talk to a misanthropist. She squinted her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows. 

It was the new boy. 

'Annyeong, I'm Kai.' He mouthed and smiled brightly, noticing that she had music playing. Su Min, however, coldly stared at him before turning away. She rested her head once again, not caring about the person beside her. 

Kai, however, didn't give up. He wanted to at least know the name of the person he'd be seating with for the rest of the year. And he wasn't going to stand sitting next to someone who'd give him such attitude. So he nudged her again. This time, he pulled out the wire from her ear. "What's your name?" He asked, showing his bright smile once again.

Su Min glared at the boy, a part of her was finally glad that someone would actually want to know her, but a part of her was afraid too. 

Kai nudged her once more, this time moving closer to her. Too close for Su Min's comfort.

Su Min slammed the table and stood up from her seat, she stormed out of the class. Kai just looked at her in amusement, he did find her rude but it just made him want to know more about her. He looked at the mp3 that she had left behind. He placed a piece into his ear and pressed the button. 

"Classical? Her personality contrasts against her taste." He chuckled. 

 

-

 

Su Min stared at the sky, she admired how beautiful it was. She loved the sky. When it shines, it was the sky cheering her on. When it rained, it was the sky embracing her while she cried. The sky seemed to be her only friend, the only one who understood how she felt. 

"There you are." A familiar voice asked.

Su Min was sure that the rooftop was a restricted area for students. She turned around to see who it was that would dare to disturb her.

It was Kai. 

She glared at him as he made his way to her, giving her his bright smile again.

"I was looking all over for you." He said and sat down beside her while she stared at him in anger and disgust. "Thirsty?" He handed her a drink, but she just continued to stare at him. 

She wondered why someone would want to take notice in her. Why someone would go through all the trouble to just know who she was. It was a first, it did make her happy a little, but she was still afraid to trust anyone.

"Why'd you run away?" He asked, opening his can. Su Min didn't respond however, she just turned back to look at the sky. Kai looked at her, wondering what could have caught her attention so much. She was gazing so intensively. He turned to the sky, and smiled.

"It's my favourite." He said, making her turn to him. "The sky. When it's shining, it's smiling with me, telling me that I'm precious. When it's raining, it's crying with me." He smiled. "When I die, I want to become the sky."

Su Min stared at him. She was stunned. How could someone think the same way as her? She felt that feeling of sparks, something she hasn't felt in years. She could feel a smile creep up on her face. Happiness. She hasn't felt that emotion for ages, and it felt good. But she wiped it all away and sighed, she wasn't going to let anyone make her feel that way again. Never. She had already locked the gates of her heart and emotions and thrown away the keys  a long time ago.

She stared at him for a little longer. She hadn't noticed how handsome he looked. Her eyes traced his features, his eyes, nose, and his plump lips. She smiled again, unknowingly. Now she wondered, what she was doing? How was she feeling such emotions when she lived a life of solitude?

He was making her feel emotions again. And she hated it.

She got flustered and stood up. She wanted to leave, she hated how he made her feel. How he managed to even make her feel emotions.

"Yah. Aren't you being too rude? I'm just trying to be friends with you." Kai called her, making her stop in her tracks.

Su Min sighed, now she felt disappointed. He had given up already? She knew the heavens was just playing some dirty trick on her. They made her feel new, happy for that moment, then the next moment they just slap reality into her face. 

"I didn't ask you to." She responded and left.

 

 

 


 

[A/N]

Hey! First chapter yay! ^^

hope its good enough! ^^;;

hope you enjoyed it!

Do comment and subscirbe!