'Thank you.'

Helplessly Fallen

 

On the next day, Yoobin was picked up by Minjae and Haeri. She needed to report herself at the office again. Other than discussing about her on-going scandal, she also needed to continue with her schedules. Most of the jobs she acquired outside the agency were halted, but she still had her planned solo mini album. The release date might have to be pulled back due to current situation, but the recording and the production schedule were to be carried as planned.Today was another day to head into the recording room and later on, she needed to practice the choreography at the studio.

She was busy enough to have no time to think about her scandal. The company already released a statement that they were going take legal action against her ex-boyfriend for slander. The news was already all over the nation. Having to share her personal struggles with the public was not something she favored, but it was the best choice she had right now. Still, her schedule was so packed she didn’t even had time to look at her phone.

Noona, there’s a message from Haeri noona! Jin, who insisted that he followed her wherever she went, waved her phone in his hand as he mouthed the words to her. She was in the recording room, barely finished a song for her mini album.

“What is it?” Yoobin asked, annoyed as soon as she left the recording room. He had been causing these little annoying things which kept distracting her. was hoarse from having to repeat the same verse over and over again.

“Your manager! It’s a good news!” Jin chirped cheerfully and handed her the phone. Yoobin let out a little laugh as she watched Jin bouncing his bum on the old sofa. She could never be mad at such adorable thing for too long.

Yoobin took the phone in her hands. “Did you read my message again?”

Jin ignored the question and offered her a bright grin instead.

The police already have your ex under arrest. The trial proceeding will start soon. Just in case, be prepared.

“That’s awesome, huh?” Jin threw his hands in the air, like a thrilled little child when they heard the word ‘theme park’.

Yoobin let out a small chuckle and put the phone back in Jin’s hand.

For some reason, she didn’t look as happy as he expected.

 

It did get boring as her dance practice dragged from an hour, and then two, and then after what felt like a hundred of years, the practice reached the sixth hour. It was two in the morning and Yoobin didn’t seem like she was going to stop anytime soon. Jin decided he played around in the internet a little bit with Yoobin’ s phone.

He typed ‘Kim Yoobin’ in the search bar and then browed through the search results. AS expected, there were a lot of articles about her and her ex-boyfriend scandal. He clicked one of the link which directed to a forum posting that dug deeper on the history of them both. The post contained some information on the dating period between Yoobin and her ex. It stated the time and duration of their dating as well as some pictures of them together. There was also the story about how Yoobin borrowed his money before they broke up and never paid it back. Knowing that it wasn’t the truth, Jin started to boil inside. He bit his lower lips as he scrolled down looking at the comments.

The guy looks like a douchebag. I don’t know about you guys but a girl who dates a guy who looks like that is usually a herself. I don’t really feel sorry for her now, she deserves it.

Was one of the comments below the initial post.

I bet the company simply covered up about the video part. They must have really done it.

I want to puke thinking about all those cute songs the Wonder Girls did before when in reality she goes around ing guys.

Che, does she think by dragging that guy to the court she will seem innocent? Ke, what a joke. Everyone knew they had been ing before!

More and more bashings ensued.

LOL I want to her too.

Geez she’s rich why didn’t she just pay him?

Guys, share the video here. I want to watch too.

Damn, I already got a just by thinking about ti.

She should do a ing session with her fans in their fanmeeting.

Of course, there were fans who tried to stand up against the bad comments, but they get bashed in return.

Jin turned off the phone. His face was red, he was fuming with anger. He quickly left the practice room so Yoobin didn’t catch him looking like that. Jin went to the toilet and splashed cold water to his face.

“Calm down, Jin. Calm down. This must be the reason you are stranded on Earth. You need to protect her and showed her the path to happiness.” Jin told himself, looking at his reflection in the mirror. He concluded with a decisive nod.

 

Jin returned to the practice room. It seemed like the practice was over since the dancers were already gone and Yoobin was taking a break at the corner of the room. To his horror, Yoobin was looking into her phone, her finger sliding down the screen, scrolling down the content she was looking at.

“Noona, NO!”

“Huh?” Yobin looked up, dumbfounded. Jin jumped towards her and snatched the phone clumsily. He fell and they both end up in an awkward position. Jin fell on her lap, stomach down with her phone clutched tightly in his hand.

“What are you doing?!” Yoobin pushed Jin off her lap.

“Noona, I want you to never touch your phone until I said so.”

“What? Why? It’s my phone, I can do whatever I-”

“No.”

Losing her patience, especially when she was so tired after hours of practice caused Yoobin to lose her temper. She reached for his ear and twisted it in her hand and pulled him close to her.

“The girls are coming to my place tonight. I need my phone to read their text messages!”

“I’ll let you know if there are important calls or messages coming- Ouch!” Jin shouted when Yoobin finally let go of his ear with a  final tug and snatched back her phone. Jin stood on his four and looked into her eyes.

“Promise me that you’ll never, ever, ever go to the internet, okay?”

“Why?” Yoobin didn’t even look up from her phone as she was busy texting back the Wonder Girls members.

“Because you’ll be sad. Promise me, okay?”

Yoobin finally looked up. Her frown eased away now that she realized what Jin was trying to do just now. Yoobin looked at his ear which she pulled just now and felt bad that it looked so red. It must have hurt a lot.

“Stupid. I don’t go to the internet at times like this.” Yoobin pat his head, ruffling his hair.

 

-

 

Ever since they met, it was the first time that Jin saw Yoobin being genuinely happy. All the Wonder Girls members, including Sunye who was in her later stage of pregnancy showed up at Yoobin’s place that night to cheer her up. They chat a lot. They laughed and cried together, and laughed again. Jin was well-liked by the members, him simply being his adorable self and readily entertained the girls with his singing and dancing. He covered some Wonder Girls’ songs and then suddenly performed a Hello Venus song which earned him a smack on the head by Yoobin. He also helped fixing something simple for supper which earned praises from the girls of how delicious they were.

After the girls left, Jin insisted that Yoobin rest and he took care of the dishes. Since he was being very stubborn about it, Yoobin had to comply. While he did the dishes, Yoobin leaned against the kitchen counter and watched him doing the work with a small smile tugging at each corner of her lips.

“The girls really like you.” She told him.

“I like them too.” He replied with a big grin. Yoobin chuckled.

“Of course.”

There was a long silence, just the sound of the running water filling the rather empty space before Yoobin spoke again.

“Just where did you come from?” She said with a sigh, simply asking the question to herself but Jin heard it.

“I told you. I’m from the heaven.”

“That’s right.” It was crazy that Yoobin was starting to think that that answer sounded normal. Of course, that could happen, right? There was no way he would lie, right? “Aren’t you going back? Is it okay to stay so long on Earth?”

“I think something is wrong with the system up there.  I’m starting to remember some things that happened before I fell on earth. I was peeking on your folder in the system, to see who you’d end up with but suddenly there were lightnings in the sky. I think I out that instance and when I woke up, I was already at your house.”

“So, did you see it? Who I’d end up with or when?” Yoobin asked with a smile. She wasn’t really expecting a real answer from him.

Jin shook his head and smiled sheepishly. “I don’t think I managed to get to that part. Even if I did, I don’t remember it right now. I think once the system is repaired, I’ll remember everything but they will ask me to get back immediately.”

“How long does it take? How many days do you think you have left on Earth?”

“I don’t know. But… all the days that are left, I’ll make sure that I use them to make you happy. I promise.” He smiled like an innocent little puppy, expecting its owner to pat its head for a great job he had done.

Yoobin was taken aback. This kid had a way with confessions that people don’t usually said so easily. She laughed a little. His funny yet charming little quirks aside, she was very touched with his words. Yoobin reached for his head and ruffled his hair.

“Thanks, Jin. I really am happy that you’re here by my side.”

With that said, Yoobin left. She stretched her arms in the air and yawned soundly as she headed towards her bedroom.

 

 

 

-

A/N: Short update. Don't worry, I have more in store for Yoobin and Junghyun moments. Thanks for reading<3<3<3