when the mission comes to an end

Hunters of the Night: The brewing war

They all filed into the van and headed toward their destination. LuHan drove while D.O filled them in on the situation. “Ok. So our case/mission today. There is a group of Fae attacking an elementary school on a field trip. We don’t know why they are attacking, but it obviously is not to switch them with changelings. They’d prefer to do that within the shadows of the night. Back at headquarters they are trying to find out why the Fae would attack like this. Our job is to kill them before they kill the children and to contain one or two of them. Do not kill them. They will be put to questioning by T.O.P. understand???? Now lets move.” They didn’t notice they arrived already. They looked out the window. It was chaos. There were teachers everywhere, some running, some trying to defending the children.

 

Lay’s POV:

I had just settled into a nearby building in front of the park when I heard a click in my head.

Can you guys hear me??? It was LuHan. Probably to report something. There are about 3 dozen here. The most there have been in a group attacking since the ancient war. Something is wrong. Terribly wrong, but I don’t know what it is. I’ll research when we get back. Going out. And then his voice was gone. I notched my bow and arrow and I pulled the string back to my ear. I breathed in, and let the string go as I breathed out. I heard a piercing scream come from the one I pierced in the stomach. Iron welded arrows. Perfect for the job. I shot about 20 more before I had to relocate myself. They were starting to realize where the arrows were coming from. As I settled down into my new spot, I noticed something. “What in the world...?”

 

Tao’s POV:

I ducked when I root tried to grab for my neck. “Stupid magic!!!! Urgh.” I stabbed 2 in the neck while I back flipped over another. Then I ducked and slid under a tree that uprooted itself and was walking toward XiuMin. And yes, it was WALKING. Instead of the walking dead, it was the walking trees. There is the walking dead but we haven’t needed to face them yet. I felt a sharp pain in my side. I snapped my head toward the Fae and hit its head. Then an arrow pierced its skull and it collapsed. Ugh. I hate them. Their eyes are freaky. As I turned to meet a fae’s blow, I noticed something. A glowing set of eyes…..staring right at XiuMin…. “LuHan!!!!!!” He sent a reply. WHAT!!!!! Busy here!!!! I turned toward LuHan Ge. He was fending of a group of walking trees. I sent back “There is someone watching Baozi hyung. It’s hiding in a bush right behind him. Track him…..NOW. And then I cut off the communication. I looked at LuHan and he nodded. I stuck my fist in the air and flicked my wrist, creating a mid air X, signalling Lay’s attention. I looked him in the eye through the railing. I tapped both my eyes with 2 of my fingers. Pay attention. And motioned toward the bush. Over there. I flicked my pointer finger. Shoot. He nodded and shot an arrow into the bush. There was a rustling and then the presence was gone. By the time we were done, we were covered in scratches and the field was littered in bodies of the Fae except 2 that LuHan contained. We met in the center of the field while LuHan erased the memories of the civilians and Lay healed them. XiuMin took out an iTouch and tapped a few things. “Cleaning crew is coming. Get ready and assist in anyway. D.O, talk to the nature and see what was going on and why they went berserk and started ing walking. After we’ll head back to headquarters and report. Then we’ll head over to T.O.P’s department and we’ll interrogate them. Understood??” we all piped out a “yes sir” and went to work. I walked over to LuHan and whispered, “Did you track it??? Do you know where it is???” “No.” he replied, “It just disappeared. As in POOF. Gone.” “We’ll report to the leader during the meeting about this. Now let’s hurry up!! I want cake!!!” LuHan laughed and ruffled my hair. He smiled and then continued clean up procedures. “………….. I really want cake.”

Back at headquarters

AUTHORS POV:

They all got back and cleaned up before heading to the meeting room. Everyone got seated just as Leeteuk started. “Today was a peculiar day, wasn’t it??? Well let’s get to the point. We have absolutely no idea why and how this happened. But we hope hearing your reports may help. Let’s start with D.O.” D.O got up and looked at everyone. “I talked to the trees and they can’t seem to remember anything about this event. The trees in that park were ancient, with the memory capacity that nothing else could achieve. They have the best memory in the whole world, but the trees claim to have no recollection of what happened. I will further talk to the animals and nature inhabiting the park.” And then he sat down. Tao spoke up, “while I was battling on the field, I noticed something peculiar. A pair of glowing eyes staring out at the battlefield. I later found out that it was staring at no other than XiuMin Hyung. I contacted LuHan and told him to trace and track it. After our mission I asked him if he was able to track it. He confirmed that there was indeed something watching XiuMin hyung, but after I signalled Lay to shoot it, it ran a few yards away and disappeared. Not a trace of it except the presence of it. Nothing that can help aid in any tracking of it further.” Lay then stood up suddenly, cutting off what Leeteuk was going to say. “I saw something very similar!!!! But it was very strange and I am very surprised no one else sensed them. I saw that pair of eyes, but it wasn’t alone. Around the whole perimeter of the battle area, I spotted 5 other pairs of eyes. Then one disappeared...i shot at it and something surprising happened. A swift wind shot it up into the air and the cloud swallowed it up. It never came down, and the wind was obviously not normal. Then all of the eyes looked at me and then they disappeared. They were gone.” The whole room was filled with muttering and whispers. XiuMin looked shocked and bewildered. “How could I not know?! That’s impossible………How?!” he slammed his hands on the table and looked away. We all looked, worrying about what it was in the field that is undetectable. Leeteuk slammed his hands on the table, silencing the room. He coughed awkwardly and spoke up. “Now that the reports have been spoken, we will report the next meeting. XiuMin, you and your squad are to report with me to T.O.P’s department for interrogation of the 2 Faes captured during the mission, understood??? Tomorrow at 8 AM. Dismissed.” And then he disappeared. Then they all headed for their dorm section.

 

XIUMINS POV:

I walked toward my room, disoriented and shocked. Someone. Watching ME. How could I not sense it???? I was born with the ability to sense presences at a remarkable speed. The others walked past me and bid me goodnight before heading into their rooms. I opened my door and stepped inside. I picked up my towel and a change of clothes. I closed the door and took of all my clothes and took a shower, still questioning myself. I stepped out of the shower and into my room, and then I noticed something. A rose on my bed. I pick it up and studied it. Then all of a sudden I shot out of my hand and into the air. It floated in place before exploding in a cloud of sparks. I let out a yelp.  The sparks cleared and a message was in place…

LAYS POV:

I walked into my bathroom and was in the shower when the room suddenly got foggy. How in the hell does a bathroom get foggy when I didn’t even turn on the water?!! “What the ??” then a message was written in the fog……....

 

LUHANS POV:

I walked into my room and looked at all my crystals, expecting to see my crystals. Instead, I saw crystal powder all over the place. Someone crushed my crystals. Then a warm wind blew into my room. “What the…..I didn’t leave the window open…..” and then the wind swished all the crystal dust and spelled out a….message????? It said…….

 

TAOS POV:

I was stretching before going to bed and rapping when the wind blew in from my window and a piece of paper blew in, then a whole storm of them. Then I looked closer and saw that they were origami dragons. They all unfolded when they hit the floor, all with the same message……….

BAEKHYUNS POV:

I was taking of my make up and eyeliner when I smelt something……burning wood. I turned quickly to see that where the moon light came in and onto the floor was on fire. The fire disappeared, leaving markings on the floor…..a message saying……..

D.O’S POV:

I sat in the kitchen thinking what to make for breakfast tomorrow when my cup disappeared and something replaced it. It was a note. I looked at it with wide eyes. It said in big letters……..

 

AUTHORS POV:

All 6 of them were staring at the message, scared for the first time after that day. They were frightened, not knowing or wanting to know what it meant. But the message meant more than they ever will know.

……………………………………  I am coming for you.

 

 

 

Hi!!! Min_Chan here :3 I finally updated. Took me awhile for me to clear the plot in my mind. Hope you enjoyed it!!! Comment and subscribe ^^ I’d be super happy and pumped since this is my first fanfic.