Day 3

Encounters

"I'm bored Kris," Luhan whined as he rested his chin on his arms that were neatly folded on the couch's armrest.  "It's been two days and we're still not done packing."  Kris didn't look up from the box he was examining and merely let out a soft 'mhm?' to indicate that he heard what his lover had said.  He pulled out a stack of books, some CDs and DVDs, photo frames wrapped in newspaper and Lu Han's brown box of trinkets that contains random things that the younger looking male liked to buy when they go out on trips to the countryside.  "Ah! I was looking for that!" the doe-eyed Lu Han exclaimed as he held out a hand for what he called his treasure trove.  "Give me that Krissy!"

Kris raised a brow at the old nickname Lu Han had called him when they just met as if asking what had happened that warranted for it to be back.  Lu Han merely shrugged and smiled his toothy smile, eyes crinkled up to crescents just perfectly the way Kris loves it.  The bigger man out of the two got up from his seat on the floor, went to where Lu Han was seated, and made himself comfortable on the space beside his little lover, immediately putting an arm around the slim waist to pull the older of the two to his lap.  Lu Han's back rested on Kris' chest and Kris' chin on Lu Han's shoulder, the two forms fitted each other with so much ease and familiarity that will make an observer wonder if the two males were carved out of one entity.

"Hey, remember this?" Lu Han asked, his hand raising just to Kris' and his eye levels to reveal a small rock shaped like a heart if you squint hard enough with a worn-out red string wound tightly around it.  "We found this while we went to Yunmengshan.  I was about togive up on trekking in the middle of nowhere and you.." Lu Han turned in his comfortable seat and nuzzled the tip of his nose to Kris' cheek and leaned his forehead against the other's.  "You, being the gentleman, gave this to me and told me to keep going because there's a huge surprise waiting.  You said it'll be our good luck charm because Tu Er Shen blessed this rock and told you to give it to me."  Lu Han smiled softly and placed a hand over Kris' cheek before giving his lips a small but affectionate peck.  "Little did I know that rock was your way of proposing to me and when we got to the top, you pulled put this red string and tied it around the rock..."

"...as if Yue-Laou had blessed our union and nothing will break us apart," Kris finished the sentence with a smile, his arms comfortably tight around Lu Han's waist.  "Two deities have blessed us Han.  You're stuck with me for all eternity.  Yue-Laou's red strings never break and Tu Er Shen guides people like us..." Kris closed Lu Han's fingers around the rock with the red string tied to it, then brought their hands to his lips.  "I love you Lu Han."

"I love you too.  I love love love love you, Kris...mhmm, or should I say...Wu Yifan," Lu Han leaned in and tilted his head to the side for a sweet and loving kiss, the remaining unpacked things they brought to Seoul with them lay forgotten for the time being.

When Kris opened his eyes, morning light had already filled their hospital room.  Lu Han is sitting up in his bed and talking animatedly with Chanyeol who seemed to share the same interest in flashy colors with Kris' lover.  He could pick up bits and pieces of their conversation as he tried to regain his awareness of his surroundings and stretched to let blood flow once more into his impossibly long limbs.  Kris, who had fallen asleep on one of the couches in the room, noticed that Sehun was once more staring at him and had seemed to tune out the louder voices of the two who were now talking about matching a turquoise vest with red pants and Lu Han insisting that Chanyeol would be able to pull it off since he had a similar body build with Kris which he was sure would be able to carry those colors well if he only smiled a little bit more and looked a lot less scary.

"You sleep odd," was Sehun's morning greeting to him and Kris thinks his brows met a few hours too early in the day.

"What do you mean?"

Sehun shrugged and pouted just slightly in thought.  "Your sleeping position," he seemed to consider how to phrase his words and Kris wondered if he was thinking of how to make it more polite or more blunt.  "Are you a contortionist or something?"

If Kris thought his brows were already creased earlier, he did not realize that the pair of hair that lined his forehead could furrow more into his face to show the confusion he had right now.  "Contortionist?" he clarified, racked his mind for possible meanings behind Sehun's words and made a mental note to download a Mandarin-Korean dictionary later to improve his vocabulary.  "What is that?"

The pale boy in powder pink pajamas that made his skin look paler rolled his eyes in an oh-my-god-are-you-dumb way and huffed, blowing a puff of air to his bangs.  "A contortionist," he answered, voice obviously regulated to hide his judging tone.  "Someone who can bend his body in impossible ways," Sehun blinked as the words sunk right into Kris' comprehension.  "You slept in a weird angle last night in that chair and ever since I've woken up, I've wondered why you're not feeling any strain while you sleep."

Kris laughed as he craned his neck left to right.  Now that Sehun mentioned it, he had started to feel his muscles tightened around his nape.  "Medical school," he told Sehun.  "When you're studying body parts and how to cure them, you wouldn't even notice all the weird positions you get yourself into."  Sehun nodded and said nothing, lower lip still jutted out.  He glanced at the other bed where Chanyeol and Lu Han were still busy getting acquainted with each other then back to Kris.

"I'm bored Kris," he mumbled, eyes downcast to watch his slender fingers play with the bedsheets.  "It's been two days and this hospital is boring."

Kris did not even bother to hide his surprise at Sehun's words.